• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota Twins vs. Texas Rangers 8/30-9/1

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing 2 of 3 to a Twins team with no Joe Mauer. Really hard to believe.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A's are gonna clean house in September. We're looking at the WC game at this point. Our only shot is to win each series against Oakland. Rangers play three of the best pitching teams in baseball in the Rays, Royals and Pirates. With our offense, we may get shutout in half those games. Not a joke.

Wait Wait

We will be shut out in HALF those games
Shut out? Half?

Wow

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit again? more broad baseless assumptions?

Which part do you disagree with? Oakland does have, by percentage, the easiest schedule in all of baseball in September. They should and likely will do really well. And the Rangers offense, which you know is awful, has to go outside the AL west and face 3 of the best staffs in baseball. How are my assumptions baseless?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 consecutive scoreless innings before that, you obviously haven't been paying much attention

Apparently not. I thought I was keeping up daily, if not hourly. Ortiz having 9 scoreless innings in the majors seems improbable at best.

What can I say?

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We keep hitting a new low.... I thought our worst series all year was the home series against Toronto, god were we awful. Then there was the home series sweep (loss) against Baltimore...then not one but two home series losses against Seattle...

But this series is the worst IMO. We are in the final month, needing to increase our spread against Oakland, and we're playing against the worst god-awful lineup we've seen this season. And we fold...like a cheap tent. This series IMO will be one we look back on if we don't win the division....

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently not. I thought I was keeping up daily, if not hourly. Ortiz having 9 scoreless innings in the majors seems improbable at best.

What can I say?

look something up for once without talking out of your rear end

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which part do you disagree with? Oakland does have, by percentage, the easiest schedule in all of baseball in September. They should and likely will do really well. And the Rangers offense, which you know is awful, has to go outside the AL west and face 3 of the best staffs in baseball. How are my assumptions baseless?

Same old song and dance with you, I maintain that you are not really a fan of this team

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We keep hitting a new low.... I thought our worst series all year was the home series against Toronto, god were we awful. Then there was the home series sweep (loss) against Baltimore...then not one but two home series losses against Seattle...

But this series is the worst IMO. We are in the final month, needing to increase our spread against Oakland, and we're playing against the worst god-awful lineup we've seen this season. And we fold...like a cheap tent. This series IMO will be one we look back on if we don't win the division....

It might be, that thought already crossed my mind.

I'm out

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait Wait

We will be shut out in HALF those games
Shut out? Half?

Wow

I said MAY get shutout. We play those teams 10 times this month. With the Rangers offense being so bad, would it really surprise you to see them get shutout a handful of times in those games? More realistically, I'll bet we don't break 3 runs in at least half of those games, likely more.

The freaking Twins are shutting down this team all weekend. It's no stretch at all to see the upcoming schedule and wonder how in the world this team is going to score runs.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said MAY get shutout. We play those teams 10 times this month. With the Rangers offense being so bad, would it really surprise you to see them get shutout a handful of times in those games? More realistically, I'll bet we don't break 3 runs in at least half of those games, likely more.

The freaking Twins are shutting down this team all weekend. It's no stretch at all to see the upcoming schedule and wonder how in the world this team is going to score runs.
The bad news is we play the Pirates in Arlington....omg, that may be too sad to watch....

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe. I'm disappointed and really thought we'd be 4 to 5 games up when we met the A's again. This is not going to be true, obviously. But we've played well against better competition - winning record against the A's, Det, Bos, etc - and maybe Wash will have a "rally around the Ranger flag meeting" and get some starch back in our shorts.

I'm not punting the season just yet myself.

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Martin on 3rd & Kins grounds out. How do we not manage to get him home. Oh that's right it's a home game.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I'm disappointed and really thought we'd be 4 to 5 games up when we met the A's again. This is not going to be true, obviously. But we've played well against better competition - winning record against the A's, Det, Bos, etc - and maybe Wash will have a "rally around the Ranger flag meeting" and get some starch back in our shorts.

I'm not punting the season just yet myself.
Me neither, we do show up against the better competition, we have that going for us.

I tell what we have going for us...what a kick ass bullpen we have!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you live in Oakland?