• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota names true freshman, walk on, Zack Annexstad - starter

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I'm too lazy to post counter videos. I admire your passion. It won't help your team when they come to Lincoln, but it's quite adorable.

we've won 3 of the last 5, it'll be fun time, I like lincoln

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woodenchairtrophy.0.0.jpg

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably going to be a couple years for Fleck to have success

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boat has more holes than the Titanic. It was fools who boarded the boat to start with. This is going to be a long couple of years until we get rid of Fleck.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The boat has more holes than the Titanic. It was fools who boarded the boat to start with. This is going to be a long couple of years until we get rid of Fleck.
I thought everyone liked Fleck? What's your take?

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought everyone liked Fleck? What's your take?

He was the bright shiny object at the time because of the season he'd just had at Western Michigan. Most of the time when a coach parlays one good season at a G5 school into a P5 job they flame out and are seldom heard from again. So I thought that Fleck needed another couple of seasons at the G5 level to establish himself before he'd be ready for a P5 job. I also don't think he was the culture change we needed.

Personally I wanted us to go after Les Miles, who was reportedly interested in the job. It would have helped bring some respectability back to the program after the sexual assault scandal that forced Claeys out. Miles' style would have been compatible to the style that Kill and Claeys had used.

For an example of a coach doing it right, look at Chris Petersen. His name came up for practically every P5 coaching opening after Boise St. appeared on the national radar with their run to the Fiesta Bowl at the end of the 2006 season, but he stayed at Boise St. until the end of the 2013 season. Yes, the program struggled to maintain the level of excellence from his first season but he built it up and stayed nationally relevant enough to prove he wasn't a flash in the pan.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the bright shiny object at the time because of the season he'd just had at Western Michigan. Most of the time when a coach parlays one good season at a G5 school into a P5 job they flame out and are seldom heard from again. So I thought that Fleck needed another couple of seasons at the G5 level to establish himself before he'd be ready for a P5 job. I also don't think he was the culture change we needed.

Personally I wanted us to go after Les Miles, who was reportedly interested in the job. It would have helped bring some respectability back to the program after the sexual assault scandal that forced Claeys out. Miles' style would have been compatible to the style that Kill and Claeys had used.

For an example of a coach doing it right, look at Chris Petersen. His name came up for practically every P5 coaching opening after Boise St. appeared on the national radar with their run to the Fiesta Bowl at the end of the 2006 season, but he stayed at Boise St. until the end of the 2013 season. Yes, the program struggled to maintain the level of excellence from his first season but he built it up and stayed nationally relevant enough to prove he wasn't a flash in the pan.
Fair enough. Some folks feel the same way about Scott Frost. Not very many, but some.