• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota #1? Why not?!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the record, I've had Minnesota in my Top 25 since the pre-season. But, as for how a team can be unranked (by the major polls) while leading the nation in all those categories? It's a matter of not playing a team with a pulse so far this season.

The Golden Gophers should beat Wisconsin & Iowa this season (but that doesn't mean they will). I think they can beat Michigan St., too; but I believe it is equally likely that the Minnies will lose to one or both of Purdue & Illinois.
Has Michigan played a team with a pulse?
Has Clemson played a team with a pulse?
NCSU? Oklahoma? USC?

What did USC do to earn their TOP TEN ranking? They went 4-8 last year, did they not?
Has Okla St played a team with a pulse?

I mean, I understand Mich & Clem and probably OU have earned respect over time, and Okie St won 11 last year, but UMn won 9 games last year, USC won 4. NCSU only won 9 games last year. Not saying it's as easy as that, but your response makes it sound like it's as easy as that.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but I believe it is equally likely that the Minnies will lose to one or both of Purdue & Illinois.

What makes you think that? Why are they just as likely to lose to one or both of Purdue & Illinois? Anything concrete?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, up to the bombing of Pearl Harbor, UMn WAS(past tense) on par with NDm football. And WW2 DID stop UMn's football dynasty. And YES, no other team with a dynasty going on at the time, had their dynasty stopped by the war(there is usually only one dynasty in existence at a time), and in fact the war helped out several programs. Maybe if your brain worked better, you would understand this.

Because Natl Titles alone have NEVER been the one and only way of judging a sports program. Only a simple minded idiot like you would not understand this.

No Minnesota has never been on par with N.D. football.

You're such an over the top homer.

You will never find anyone that would agree with you that Minnesota has ever been on par in any way with N.D. football.

Notice that you're the only person on this site saying this nonsense?

So WW II stopped Minnesota's football program but no other programs right?

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1)Has Michigan played a team with a pulse?
(2)Has Clemson played a team with a pulse?
(3)NCSU? Oklahoma? USC?

What did USC do to earn their TOP TEN ranking? They went 4-8 last year, did they not?

I mean, I understand Mich & Clem and probably OU have earned respect over time, and Okie St won 11 last year, but UMn won 9 games last year, USC won 4. NCSU only won 9 games last year. Not saying it's as easy as that, but your response makes it sound like it's as easy as that.

1. No UofM fans are over pimping their team in the nonstop fashion you do.

2. No Clemson fans have over pimped their team like you do on a daily basis.

3. And no fans of those team over pimp their team either.

You seeing a pattern here?

You think Minnesota football is elite because of what they did in the early 1900's, the mid 30's & early 40's.

What's wrong with you?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. No UofM fans are over pimping their team in the nonstop fashion you do.

2. No Clemson fans have over pimped their team like you do on a daily basis.

3. And no fans of those team over pimp their team either.

You seeing a pattern here?

1. Why would UofM fans need to "pimp" their team when the AP & Coaches poll voters are doing plenty of pimping for a team that hasn't played anyone with a pulse.

2. Same for Clemson as for UofM, have played no one with a pulse, plenty of poll voters doing the pimping for Clemson.

3. I've seen USC fans pimping their team despite it's 4-8 record last year and doing nothing all that impressive this year and yet pollsters are pimping USC as well.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never?

You must be like, even more stupid than I had imagined.

Yes never. The Gophers aren't on par with N.D. football here's why.

Compare the number of real national championships between the two programs. Not the fake number of titles you think the Gophers have.

Compare the number of 1st team all american's. N.D. has a number of legendary players. Minnesota, not so much.

Compare the the number of HOF coaches. Again N.D. has a number of legendary coaches. Minnesota, not so much. And no you can't take credit for Wilkinson's titles at OK because he played at Minnesota like you've incorrectly claimed in the past.

You keep calling me names yet it's you that foolishly thinks for some really dumb reason that the Gophers are on par historically with Irish football.

You're one helluva homer.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Why would UofM fans need to "pimp" their team when the AP & Coaches poll voters are doing plenty of pimping for a team that hasn't played anyone with a pulse.

2. Same for Clemson as for UofM, have played no one with a pulse, plenty of poll voters doing the pimping for Clemson.

3. I've seen USC fans pimping their team despite it's 4-8 record last year and doing nothing all that impressive this year and yet pollsters are pimping USC as well.

My goodness you ain't right.

You mentioned those teams.

And all I said was fans of those teams don't overly pimp up their team on a daily nonstop 24/7 basis like you do.

I already told you this. Obviously reading comprehension is an issue for you.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes never. The Gophers aren't on par with N.D. football here's why.

Compare the number of real national championships between the two programs. Not the fake number of titles you think the Gophers have.

Compare the number of 1st team all american's. N.D. has a number of legendary players. Minnesota, not so much.

Compare the the number of HOF coaches. Again N.D. has a number of legendary coaches. Minnesota, not so much. And no you can't take credit for Wilkinson's titles at OK because he played at Minnesota like you've incorrectly claimed in the past.

You keep calling me names yet it's you that foolishly thinks for some really dumb reason that the Gophers are on par historically with Irish football.

You're one helluva homer.

You have to be like the dumbest person on this site? And that says alot with morons like that Wazzu fan being extremely dumb.

What part of, "up to" don't you understand, holy fuck dude.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness you ain't right.

You mentioned those teams.

And all I said was fans of those teams don't overly pimp up their team on a daily nonstop 24/7 basis like you do.

I already told you this. Obviously reading comprehension is an issue for you.
No, the reading comprehension problem is obviously something you struggle with.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UP TO.

UP TO.

UP TO.

What part of "up to" don't you understand or comprehend?

up to 1941, UMn had SIX Claimed Natl Titles, Notre Dame only 3.

up to 1941, UMn had FIVE Recognized Natl Titles, Notre Dame only 3.

up to 1941, UMn had THREE AP EOS #1 rankings, Notre Dame only ZERO.

up to 1941, UMn had TWO Heisman Top 3 vote getters, including a winner, Notre Dame only ZERO.

up to 1941, looking at Notre Dame's wikipedia page, giving them credit for every natty possible, even then they only have 7 to UMn's 9.

up to 1941, looking at TipTop25's polls from 1900-1935, and the AP poll from 1936-1941, # of times in the polls...

------ UMn vs NDm
Tp25 -- 31 ----- 25
Tp10 -- 25 ----- 20
Top 5 - 13 ----- 11
#1s ---- 6 ------ 3

No matter how you look at it, dumbass, up to 1941, and the bombing of Pearl Harbor, Minnesota fb was superior to Notre Dame fb.

further evidence supporting what I say...

up to 1957, UMn had SIX players and TWO coaches inducted into the cfb Hall of Fame. Notre Dame only THREE players & ONE coach.

up to 1962, UMn had SIX Heisman Top 3 vote getters, same as Notre Dame and STILL had 8 in the cfb HOF to Notre Dame's 6.

up to 1962, UMn had SEVEN Claimed Natl Titles, same as Notre Dame claimed to have.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, tucker just pissed away his challenge for the rest of the game.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Michigan played a team with a pulse?
Has Clemson played a team with a pulse?
NCSU? Oklahoma? USC?

A lot of it has to do with what they are expected to do this year, based on what they have done in the recent past, along with current performance, the competition they have played, and the people they have coming back. Then it gets adjusted each week.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of it has to do with what they are expected to do this year, based on what they have done in the recent past, along with current performance, the competition they have played, and the people they have coming back. Then it gets adjusted each week.
Yeah, Minnesota only won 9 games last year, while USC won 4, what was I thinking? lol

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is putting on a clinic in Michigan state.