• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Zuzino

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard an interesting debate with the injury recently about the possiblity of just bringing him up for a week or so. Anyone else think he should've been brought up as well regardless of how long he would stay.

A. All it truly costs is an option and an earlier arbitration. If the M's are that concerned about options then they should not have selected him. Who cares if he is arbitration eligible 1 year earlier, isn't that a good sign for the organization if one their top prospects is due for a raise?

B. What does it actually hurt? Give him a couple of games, get his feet wet, get in season advice from the other guys and from his in game experience realize what he needs to work on when he is back down in Tacoma.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well with how poorly the mariners are playing I dont see the hurry to bring him up even if its just a week,if the mariners were in position to take 1st place or in the hunt for the wild card spot (which at this pace it probably wont happen) I feel we shouldnt be throwing all this heat at him. He seems like he is pushing even at the AAA level. IMO he has put up some solid power numbers but I would like to see him bring up his AVG

but to update this post the mariners brought up some catcher named brandon brentz or something like that with the injury to sucre

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well with how poorly the mariners are playing I dont see the hurry to bring him up even if its just a week,if the mariners were in position to take 1st place or in the hunt for the wild card spot (which at this pace it probably wont happen) I feel we shouldnt be throwing all this heat at him. He seems like he is pushing even at the AAA level. IMO he has put up some solid power numbers but I would like to see him bring up his AVG

but to update this post the mariners brought up some catcher named brandon brentz or something like that with the injury to sucre

Which is the problem in my eyes, there is no catcher in the entire league that would have caught every inning of the 16 inning game, and the first 2 Yankee games in a row. If they actually brought up Zuzino they would've been able to treat Shoppach like a catcher, not a sacrificial lamb.

As for his home numbers in AAA, I think that might be what the Mariners need. Outside of Seager how many of their offensive prospects have killed it in Tacoma than came up and sucked, Choo, Jones, Clement, Moore, Ackley, Peguero, Balentien, LaHair...I'm sure my list could go on but maybe it's time to change philosophies.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for his home numbers in AAA, I think that might be what the Mariners need. Outside of Seager how many of their offensive prospects have killed it in Tacoma than came up and sucked, Choo, Jones, Clement, Moore, Ackley, Peguero, Balentien, LaHair...I'm sure my list could go on but maybe it's time to change philosophies.

This statement is becoming more true by the year and by the day. I think its time to stop blaming our struggles on drafting or trading for the wrong players but blame it on "our ability to develop or not develop them"

I mean honestly do you think if Montero, Ackley and Smoak were brought up in an organization like the Cardinals or Braves etc. they would be struggling as much.

The last time we developed a decent hitter that stuck around was A-Rod and that's been 20 years now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This statement is becoming more true by the year and by the day. I think its time to stop blaming our struggles on drafting or trading for the wrong players but blame it on "our ability to develop or not develop them"

I mean honestly do you think if Montero, Ackley and Smoak were brought up in an organization like the Cardinals or Braves etc. they would be struggling as much.

The last time we developed a decent hitter that stuck around was A-Rod and that's been 20 years now.

No, because they would've traded them while their value was sky high instead of the Mariners who let their prospect's struggle and kill all their trade value then they trade them for peanuts.