• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

middle men gone

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Raji, now Tretter. I'm not liking this. Much more worried about losing tretter for significant time than Raji. He was playing really well and it wasn't even a competition between him and linsley. Now we have a rookie going into the loudest stadium to kick off the NFL season against a very good defense. I hope he learns fast. And I think we'll see a lot of Lacey running hard straight at their defense.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, mildly concerned about losing these 2 guys. The upside is that there are quality backup for both positions who having been playing well and Tretter should return by Oct.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that worries me about Linsley is he hasn't played with the first team or Rodgers at all. He'll have one game in which his qb probably won't play at all and then he goes into what will probably be the toughest environment they play in all year against one of the best defensive teams in the league.

The good news is Sitton and Lang can make line calls too. Rodgers can change the whole offense to what it needs to do against a particular formation. Our new center just needs to be where he's supposed to be. He shouldn't have to worry about making calls for anybody else. I also think our offense is set up to face the Seahawks. We can run right at them with power. Something we couldn't do before. and we know we can have success passing against anyone. I think the mix will do very well for us on offense.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no competition for the C spot because MM anointed Tretter the C right away to give him time to be ready for Seattle. Linsley has plenty of talent and has experience playing the C spot so had he been given a chance with the starters I think he would have given Tretter a run for his money. The dude is a bull on the field.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so, but you'd think they'd have a few snaps to spare the rookie if he was worthy of them. I mean, they play everyone else at every single position across the line at some point it seems in the preseason, especially the young guys. By all accounts he's a beast physically, but there's more to that in the NFL. I hope he has it upstairs too.

I think we'll be ok though. I don't think they need to get cute with line calls and the offense to beat Seattle, just line up and beat them. I think they can run the ball right at them and then let Rodgers pick his targets throughout the game and hit them the occasional big play. Even with losing our center, I think this offense has what it takes to put up some points on Seattle.