• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Crabtree

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Absolutely, no question. (Doing my best Alex impression) But I don't think they'll go overboard and try to make it NO Parte Deux. I just think they'll look how they approached this year (what they learned going from college to the pros), where they started/finished this year, additions/subtractions from personnel, know what they can install that they held back this year due to the shortened off-season, etc. Plus, knowing that everyone is more knowledgeable has to have some effect. They also know how close they were and be hungry. My guess is that even an above average coaching staff would bite off more than they can chew the first 2-3 games. Let's see if our staff is above "above average". I don't know if they are going to do it with length of routes, number of passing plays, or just efficiency of learning when to attack. I'd have to guess they won't change their colors but not be as conservative (relatively speaking).

I completely agree...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I'm not going to go Smith-crazy, but that's a fair question because a lot of people asked how Smith's limitations were affecting playcalls. I would believe that any offense tailored to their players' strengths is also restricted by their limitations, qb, oline, and receivers. Manning may be less restricted but there are limits to what the Colts could call, whether that simply based on the reality of how good some defenses are.

i think shanahans offense would be best for smith. i think he can perform better than jake plummer did, but he won't execute it anywhere near steve young's level.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
MW, you mentioned earlier you would address the issue of Morgan not getting the same number of targets as Crabtree when Morgan was the #1 WR. In other words, why Smith doesn't throw to Morgan to as much as he throws to Crabtree.

I'm wondering when you will address that.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MW, you mentioned earlier you would address the issue of Morgan not getting the same number of targets as Crabtree when Morgan was the #1 WR. In other words, why Smith doesn't throw to Morgan to as much as he throws to Crabtree.

I'm wondering when you will address that.

I addressed it - the answer is in the thread

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I must have missed it. I'm sure you would have no problem answering it again since the thread is 320 posts long.

Honestly, Imac, the answer is in the thread...and at this point I have no desire to continue this discussion - I'm all Morgan & Crabtree'd out...However, I'm sure this topic will come up again...

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Honestly, Imac, the answer is in the thread...and at this point I have no desire to continue this discussion - I'm all Morgan & Crabtree'd out...However, I'm sure this topic will come up again...

Honestly MW, I'm worried that you are hanging your hat on that BS you said about Crabtree needing more targets to produce as much as Morgan did when you were first asked the question.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I dearly hope, and fear, that the below is your attempt to justify Morgan not getting the same number of targets as Crabtree. Are you seriously suggesting it's a random occurrence rather than somehow linked to the performance of the two players?

As to the Lions game, when Crabtree didn't play against Dallas, Morgan was targeted a mere 5 times while Ginn had 7.

I wonder how far we are from you proposing a conspiracy theory where Smith refuses to throw to Morgan out of spite for some wrong Smith feels Morgan committed.

"...admittedly I don't recall many specific plays from the fifth game and earlier..."

"It seemed that Smith primarily threw to Morgan when he was quite open."

These statements are a little contradictive, Crimson.

Re: a routes-run analysis, it would be quite feasible for a team to do it without considering targets at all, and I would think it would be very beneficial.

You're right and teams do this all week long - But they observe this information visually, not statiscally. If they want to perform a routes run analysis they would have to know who the primary, 2nd read, 3rd read, hot and decoy receivers are in order to measure the performance of each route run by each receiver.

Finally, the evidence does not show that Smith is nervous about throwing to Crabtree. In fact, quite the opposite is true. The evidence suggests that Smith is reluctant to throw to Morgan unless he is clearly open, hence significantly fewer throws going in Morgan's direction when both players are on the field. I don't know why that is, given Crabtree's unreliable hands early this season. But that's what happened. I keep asking why you think that is, but have yet to get a genuine response.

I believe you are viewing the evidence both incorrectly and a little more than a little bias as well.

First, the difference between Crabtree & Morgan after their three games was just seven targets. Seven targets is not this insurmountable figure that it feels like you are trying to make it out to be. It is just one game...

As an example, during the Detroit game with both Morgan & Edwards out, Crabtree was targeted 15 times (next closest was 5) - a difference of 10. In fact, if you remove this one game from Crabtree, his total targets per game drops from 7.9 to 6.8.

The point and my answer is simply this, targets depend on several different factors and there is no way of knowing what would have happened if Morgan had stayed healthy.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dearly hope, and fear, that the below is your attempt to justify Morgan not getting the same number of targets as Crabtree. Are you seriously suggesting it's a random occurrence rather than somehow linked to the performance of the two players?

As to the Lions game, when Crabtree didn't play against Dallas, Morgan was targeted a mere 5 times while Ginn had 7.

I wonder how far we are from you proposing a conspiracy theory where Smith refuses to throw to Morgan out of spite for some wrong Smith feels Morgan committed.

Imac, I strongly recommend you begin with this book and remember always ask questions...Good Luck!

Football For Idiots

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must have missed it. I'm sure you would have no problem answering it again since the thread is 320 posts long.

Well, it was 319 before you responded and 318 before he told you it was in this thread, so that should make it easier to comb through the 16 previous pages.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, it was 319 before you responded and 318 before he told you it was in this thread, so that should make it easier to comb through the 16 previous pages.

Exactly!!

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Imac, I strongly recommend you begin with this book and remember always ask questions...Good Luck!

Football For Idiots

I guess your approach is to be patronizing and condescending and hope those that question you will back down.

Sorry. You haven't come close to giving an answer to the question. You tried to insult me earlier in the thread for using the same logic you used with extrapolations. . .

I believe you claim to be one of the older posters on the board. Could it be you've reached the age of bitterness? You get offended when someone dare challenge one of your ridiculous statements? I guess on the bright side senility can't be far away. I'm sure senile you will be much better and defending a statement than bitter you, who just refuses.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess your approach is to be patronizing and condescending and hope those that question you will back down.

Sorry. You haven't come close to giving an answer to the question. You tried to insult me earlier in the thread for using the same logic you used with extrapolations. . .

I believe you claim to be one of the older posters on the board. Could it be you've reached the age of bitterness? You get offended when someone dare challenge one of your ridiculous statements? I guess on the bright side senility can't be far away. I'm sure senile you will be much better and defending a statement than bitter you, who just refuses.

Football For Idiots

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly!!

Well in that case, I had no right to ask you to re-post a point that you made so poorly.

I suppose if I used evidence of that quality to defend a point I was feebly attempting to make, I would do all I could to distance myself from it as well.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well in that case, I had no right to ask you to re-post a point that you made so poorly.

I suppose if I used evidence of that quality to defend a point I was feebly attempting to make, I would do all I could to distance myself from it as well.

Football For Idiots

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fact is, next year we need less targets to crabtree/morgan and more targets to say colston/lloyd. extrapolate that!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double posts. We've reached the point of senility.

I do ask questions. Unfortunately you are incapable of answering them, but also unable to admit that.

I thought MW49er5 only copy and pasted his arguments, not his insults. Frankly, I'm disappointed, I wanted more creativity. I guess he has them stacked up somewhere ready to go for the offseason. No use showing all your cards now before the action really starts. Draft time is when I'd start testing my insults out on those who question my position on the Niners' draft picks. By mid-August, I would know which ones work and which ones were ill-received - and there are well-received insults, right?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Double posts. We've reached the point of senility.

I do ask questions. Unfortunately you are incapable of answering them, but also unable to admit that.

Imac, honestly, if you understood football strategy, you would understand my answer. Thus, it isn't that I won't answer the question, I have answered it, the problem is simply that you are incapable of understanding the answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought MW49er5 only copy and pasted his arguments, not his insults. Frankly, I'm disappointed, I wanted more creativity. I guess he has them stacked up somewhere ready to go for the offseason. No use showing all your cards now before the action really starts. Draft time is when I'd start testing my insults out on those who question my position on the Niners' draft picks. By mid-August, I would know which ones work and which ones were ill-received - and there are well-received insults, right?

It wasn't an insult...that is a real book and it would be very helpful for Imac to read it...

Status
Not open for further replies.