• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Week 4 Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diva Wade been shown a lot during the telecast - Been seen smiling and laughing through it all... says a lot about what he thinks and feels about this team and the current result - thats not something to be proud of coming from your so called captain. Only a select few players would show such emotion in these situations. Again, not something to be proud of coming from your team captain.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diva Wade been shown a lot during the telecast - Been seen smiling and laughing through it all... says a lot about what he thinks and feels about this team and the current result - thats not something to be proud of coming from your so called captain. Only a select few players would show such emotion in these situations. Again, not something to be proud of coming from your team captain.
Wade was on 3 Miami Heat Championship teams and ought to be able to laugh once in awhile.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a game all available players shouldve gotten minutes - and a couple of guys didnt get a single minute at all or until the end - just dumb

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Was at the game. Got crushed in the 1st half. Reminded me of the first quarters of the Spurs Finals game at home last year. Different players and same result equals poor scheme and/or inability to coach or execute. Tip your Hat to the Clippers and move on. Like I said at the BOY, the Heat win 40-45 and finish as 6th or 7th seed if they don't have injuries that have them miss the playoffs. Napier and Ennis have been fun to watch at least.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat wasn't very good, but there's a handful of games every season that regardless of how you play, the opponent was just spectacular.
Tonight was one of them.
Clippers played pretty much flawless until the outcome wasn't even close to ever changing.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game. Got crushed in the 1st half. Reminded me of the first quarters of the Spurs Finals game at home last year. Different players and same result equals poor scheme and/or inability to coach or execute. Tip your Hat to the Clippers and move on. Like I said at the BOY, the Heat win 40-45 and finish as 6th or 7th seed if they don't have injuries that have them miss the playoffs. Napier and Ennis have been fun to watch at least.

You do realize the Heat play in the East and not the West right? The only East teams that I'm pretty sure will finish with over 45 wins are Cleveland, Chicago, Toronto, & probably Washington. 45 wins can easily get you the 5th seed.

At the end of the day the Clippers are just better than us and I would've had this as an L when the schedule came out as well. The next 2 games are very winnable. As bad as the Heat have been, there is a decent chance we end the first month of the season with a 9-7 record which is solid

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You do realize the Heat play in the East and not the West right? The only East teams that I'm pretty sure will finish with over 45 wins are Cleveland, Chicago, Toronto, & probably Washington. 45 wins can easily get you the 5th seed.

At the end of the day the Clippers are just better than us and I would've had this as an L when the schedule came out as well. The next 2 games are very winnable. As bad as the Heat have been, there is a decent chance we end the first month of the season with a 9-7 record which is solid
I hope so even if it means I take a Thanksgiving Break from you Boys.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASK IRA: Are Heat taking right approach with Wade?

I'm tired of everyone pretending it's not over. Dwyane Wade is done. Just retire. It's not that he's old; it's that he's broken. Forget it. -- Johnny.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Quick passing beats rotations every time, Spo. It's a flawed defense. It worked when it was new, but teams have long since adjusted. Stop saying the players lacked energy or were a step slow. Take some responsibility yourself and adjust. That's what coaches get paid for.
JOSH22
AT 10:13 AM NOVEMBER 21, 2014
ADD A COMMENTSEE ALL COMMENTS

A: Really? Three weeks into the season, after he misses four games with a sore hamstring? Look, if this is one of those injuries that the Heat keeps minimizing and then Greg Oden doesn't show up until midseason, that's one thing. But he took the same misstep he could have taken at 22, 26 or 30. Players, even young players, miss time with hamstring injuries. It's over when Wade is out so long that all semblance of continuity is lost (although that is getting close). We're talking a week here. And, to be candid, if he can make it back for the weekend's divisional games against the Magic and Hornets, then holding him out against the Clippers is prudent, even with what happened. It might be a new reality for the Heat, but divisional, conference and head-to-head tiebreakers again are part of their big picture. If Wade had been playing poorly when we went down, that would have been one thing. But he had been playing well, with little reason to believe that it can't happen again.

Q: Well, as you had maintained, even in the preseason, this Heat team will go as Wade goes. Without Wade, this team isn't winning any playoff series. Without Wade, this team is not even a playoff team. The Heat need to trade for a shooting guard. -- Martin.

A: Actually, I think it's as Wade AND Chris Bosh go. They need both, with such a drop off in talent thereafter. While Luol Deng and Josh McRoberts are nice players, they basically feed off Bosh and Wade. While Shannon Brown had his moment in meaningless minutes against the Clippers, something a bit better could make these Wade absences more palatable.

Q: Thursday showed it: It's not fair to Chris Bosh to have to play center against DeAndre Jordan. The Heat need a true center. -- Boris.

A: I'm not sure anyone was stopping Jordan on Thursday, considering the average distance of his attempts was about one foot. That's more about defensive rotations than any single defender. And the reality is, especially in the Eastern Conference, there aren't that many beefy centers. The Heat have six players in their power rotation in Bosh, Chris Andersen, Josh McRoberts, Shawne Williams, Udonis Haslem and Justin Hamilton. If that isn't enough, then the better question is why are they here and why wasn't something better culled in the offseason?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is NO. The Heat have not taken the right approach with Wade. If this was the shit he was going to be up to still at this point, he should have just fucking retired or gone with his friend the Queen.

But since we arent fortunate enough to have had him retire, we have to deal with his garbage. He is healthy enough to play, there is no doubt. If he is healthy enough to sit there and laugh while his team is getting blown out because he chooses to sit out a game with vaginal aches - he can fucking play.

As I said, at the very least, he needs to start games off the bench and/or play limited minutes - but he needs to be out there on a nightly basis unless he has a DEBILITATING injury. And he doesnt... Yes, he has a nagging injury but its not that bad. You are a fucking multi-million dollar player - suck it up.

I know all you apologist will come at me with your rants and excuses ... I dont give a fuck. There is no excuse for this garbage. And again, I dont care about Derrick Rose, or any other player on any other team with any other injuries... I am a Heat fan and dont give a fuck about the rest.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The answer is NO. The Heat have not taken the right approach with Wade. If this was the shit he was going to be up to still at this point, he should have just fucking retired or gone with his friend the Queen.

But since we arent fortunate enough to have had him retire, we have to deal with his garbage. He is healthy enough to play, there is no doubt. If he is healthy enough to sit there and laugh while his team is getting blown out because he chooses to sit out a game with vaginal aches - he can fucking play.

As I said, at the very least, he needs to start games off the bench and/or play limited minutes - but he needs to be out there on a nightly basis unless he has a DEBILITATING injury. And he doesnt... Yes, he has a nagging injury but its not that bad. You are a fucking multi-million dollar player - suck it up.

I know all you apologist will come at me with your rants and excuses ... I dont give a fuck. There is no excuse for this garbage. And again, I dont care about Derrick Rose, or any other player on any other team with any other injuries... I am a Heat fan and dont give a fuck about the rest.
Come on man...hamstrings are tricky. You push one and instead of being out a week or two, you could be out 2 plus months. Important to be smart. Truth. Has nothing to do with vaginal aches...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as Ira stated before, the games against Orlando & Charlotte are more important than the Clippers game due to end of the year tiebreakers

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Zarba, Nick Buchert, Marat Kogut your referees for tonight's Heat-Magic, 7 p.m., Amway Center (Sun Sports)

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASK IRA: Can Heat afford to wait on Bosh-McRoberts tandem?
"Ask Ira" is a daily feature of the Sun Sentinel.
By Ira Winderman,
South Florida Sun Sentinel
contact the reporter Miami HeatChris BoshBasketballChris AndersenJosh McRobertsUdonis HaslemPat Riley

Is it worth the wait to see what McRoberts and Bosh can deliver together as starters?
Has Chris Andersen hit a wall, the Birdman no longer taking flight?
Could Shabazz Napier soon be the Heat's starting point guard?
Q: Couldn't we start Udonis Haslem at the five for his rebounding and defense and move Chris Bosh back to the four? I think it would really help on the defensive end of the floor. I understand that Pat Riley wants to maximize our cap space for 2016, but if we keep playing this inconsistent, nobody will want to come here to team with a 32-year-old Chris Bosh and Josh McRoberts as our starting frontcourt. -- Daniel.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

A: The problem with starting Haslem, who I agree might have helped with the Heat's defensive rotations and rebounding against the Clippers, is it is not part of the vision of eventually getting McRoberts alongside Bosh. Until the Heat, and the rest of the league, see what the Heat have with that combination, everything else is moot. By making those the only two players on the roster whose contracts extend beyond the 2016 offseason, Riley basically has gone all-in on their possibilities. If McRoberts-Bosh doesn't work, then the entire plan going forward would be dealt a major setback. That is why Erik Spoelstra has been trying to up McRoberts' minutes. He needs to see how that works before he considering a Plan B or beyond.

Q: Although I am a big fan of the Birdman, this year he has appeared to be a detriment to the Heat. He seems slow, his timing off. His ballhandling has been sloppy. And he hasn't been anywhere near the boards. I tend not to be critical, but I am just not seeing good basketball. Am I wrong? Am I missing something? If he is still injured, he should sit. -- Bruce.

A: Your observation is correct. And that's the risk of paying a player for past service. It's a concern with the way the Heat brought back both Chris Andersen and Udonis Haslem. Yes, loyalty goes a long way with this franchise, but this also is what happens when the plan is to take care of a player down the line for previous financial sacrifice. Birdman was the Heat's lone option for rim deterrence against Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan on Thursday night, and that clearly did not work very well against the Clippers. It will be interesting to see if the Heat try to pace Andersen in a bid to keep him fresh for the games when he is needed most. The reality is there are many questions with the Heat's power rotation, from Haslem and Andersen, to exact what Justin Hamilton actually can provide.

Q: OK, we probably will not win 50 games this season. Patience is necessary. In my perception, when we play with Shabazz Napier on the court, the team shows something different, despite turnovers, something Norris Cole can't add. At this early stage, is there not enough for a starting job and 30 minutes a game at least? -- Rafael, Chapeco, SC, Brazil.

A: I think the Heat might be gravitating toward that possibility. But I also think they still want to get a definitive read on exactly what Norris Cole is, or isn't, capable of achieving. And I think they would like the rest of the league to take note, as well. Look, I've long said an NBA team needs three point guards, and with LeBron James gone as facilitator, that is as true as ever for the Heat. But the question becomes whether Cole could deal with potentially being third-string at the position.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people in here have said certain guys on this team should be cut because they are useless i.e. Shannon Brown, who showed some good stuff the other night when the Heat were already dead. But, I think the guy the Heat really need to get rid of at this point is Chris Birdman Andersen - he looks slower and older - He is a liability out there on both ends of the floor. Just not providing the same spark he used to. He is this years Shane Battier. It would benefit the Heat if they cut him real soon and fill that roster spot some other way - it will do them a lot of help to get rid of him before even thinking of getting rid of anyone else on the roster.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norris Cole doubtful for tonight. Diva Wade already declared out with persisting vaginal aches

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wade plays tomorrow.

He's been practicing a lot lately and I think the Heat doesn't think it is smart to bring him on the 1st leg of a back to back set....Not smart to test your hammy in a B2B set. Bring back tomorrow and they only have 3 games next week including 4 days off between the Golden State & Knicks game

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birdman has been bad this year. Hope the guy can turn it around. All Battier jokes aside. The guy was a perfect fit for this team for 2 years. Good defense. Hit the three. Then last year it looked like he aged 5 years over one offseason. It happens in sports. He reminded me of that boxer that went just one fight to many. I hope that isnt Andersen because we gave him a 2 year contract. So be it.