• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat week 3 Game Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude don't jump off a bridge.

8 games in and we have some impressive wins with only one bad loss.

We'll be fine.

It is a LONG SEASON and bad losses happen.

Last year the team that went to the finals were defeated by the Sixers.

It's not a big deal. Guys couldn't hit their shots tonight. It happens.

Bosh, Deng, & Chalmers would take those looks they had every game.

No need to sweat it. It is stupid to make win predictions so early in the season. You really don't know much about teams until we are 20-25 games into the season.

The Cavs are going to be a top 2 seed. Nobody every said differently.

Toronto has a favorable schedule and are currently on a 7 game homestand in November. Our schedule this month is actually pretty tough. We play several playoffs teams and play 4 B2B sets in this month.

If we can finish the month at 10-6 or better considering who we played, the injuries, & the numbers of back to backs we had this month I will be happy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it looks bad that we lose to Indiana but this is a tough team who play hard for your coach and they still have a damn good defensive team.

Last week they took WSH to OT in WSH and lost to them by 7 in Indy a few days later.

When West & Hill comes back they will start winning a lot more games. This team doesn't get blown out and is always in games

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our schedule in December is much more favorable including a 7 game home stand.

Don't jump off the bridge guys.....There's only 74 games left in the season

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No jumping off a bridge...just being realistic. Still hopeful, but we need strong performances every night from Bosh to be competitive given the lack of rebounding. Still don't get Spolestra......Haslem played awesome Sunday and barely gets burn where we struggled on the boards against an offensive challenged team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No jumping off a bridge...just being realistic. Still hopeful, but we need strong performances every night from Bosh to be competitive given the lack of rebounding. Still don't get Spolestra......Haslem played awesome Sunday and barely gets burn where we struggled on the boards against an offensive challenged team.

You do realize there is no player in the league who has a strong performance every single night right? Not even MJ in his prime. Let's be realistic here

I agree about UD. I would have given him at least 10 minutes tonight....he's been good in limited minutes in the first 2 games

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first month of the season we have played or are going to play the following teams

Washington
Toronto
Charlotte 2X
Dallas
Atlanta
Houston
Clippers
GSW
Brooklyn

That is more than half of our games in the first month against teams who made the playoffs last year and I didn't even include Indy because of the roster overhaul they had.

It's a tough schedule. I would glady take 10-6 on November 30th

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say miami finishes with a better record then the Cavs. I seriously hope we see Riley make a move for a center by January and hope we make a posh for Ray Allen.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say miami finishes with a better record then the Cavs. I seriously hope we see Riley make a move for a center by January and hope we make a posh for Ray Allen.

Miami is not finishing with a better record than the Cavs....Let's not get delusional.

This is not a 55 win team.

Cleveland at minimium will be around 55 wins IMO.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Miami is not finishing with a better record than the Cavs....Let's not get delusional.

This is not a 55 win team.

Cleveland at minimium will be around 55 wins IMO.
We agree for once!! LOL. If things go very well, we get home court in first round. If not and we have some injuries, we could be an 8th seed or miss the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as long as Wade plaay 70+ games we'll be a top 4 seed. I think this is a 46-49 win basketball team if Wade stays healthy and players improve over the course of the year.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not just about him playing 70 + games which he should unless severly injured but he needs to be solid in those games. He didnt start well at all last night. It was pretty much a mistake to have him out there in the 4th quarter. He was a liability.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you're an idiot. Miami doesn't break 60 last night if not for wade. Spo went away from him after the 1st quarter for whatever reason. There's no reason why wade only had 1 or 2 shot attempts in the 2nd & 3rd quarters after his hot start. Spo 7 years in and still doesn't know how to feed the hot hand.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was close and could have been won by miami, the turning point was Chalmers stupid offensive foul. He does those type of fouls all the time. i see him as a dirty cheap player.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe if we were actually a decent rebounding team. I don't think Cleveland is as good as people think, though.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Maybe if we were actually a decent rebounding team. I don't think Cleveland is as good as people think, though.
Has much to do with our bigs besides Bosh being hurt (Haslem and Hamilton) or coming in out of shape and now needing to work themselves into shape after the off-season and the big contract.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who told Mario Chalmers he can take the final shot over Dwyane Wade? He blew the game. He is not the hero for the Miami Heat. This is the second time they've laid an egg against a team they should have beaten easily. -- Joe.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

A: Mario Chalmers did not blow the game against the Pacers. No single player blows a game on a night a team is 8 of 18 from the foul line and outrebounded 53-28. Now, did he have to go for the contact on his late drive, when he likely could have finished without embellishment? That is a reasonable question. But there also is a need to get over your final point; there is no team that this Heat roster should expect to beat easily. Unless they play their game, with great ball movement and greater effort, they can be beaten by anyone, as Wednesday showed. Take Friday in Atlanta. An argument could be made that Atlanta might not have the one-two punch the Heat have in Wade and Chris Bosh, but if the Heat play there like they did Wednesday, they are going to have a tough, tough time trying to win.

cComments
@Josh22 Crazy man, you see exactly all the same things I myself see. If you know you have an extra small lineup in the game, why not just have all 5 guys crash the boards? And yes, they were not correctly prepared mentally for the dogfight that would ensue. That is directly to blame on coaching...
GARRETTKALL
AT 6:14 PM NOVEMBER 13, 2014
ADD A COMMENTSEE ALL COMMENTS

Q: I think we can quiet all that talk about Wade. He looked like the player from last year in that he didn't have it when needed? -- Faye.

A: I think the worst thing that happened for the Heat was that it came so easily for Wade in the first quarter, so easily that the Heat got back to the type of one-on-one play this roster cannot afford. Then Wade scored only one point over the second and third periods combined. But he also stepped up with a late 3-pointer and hardly was the culprit for the loss. What he wasn't this time was a facilitator, with only three assists.

Q: Pathetic performance from the Heat players. There was very little energy and ball movement. And the rebounding effort was non-existent. -- Steve.

A: The rebounding you might have to live with, with this roster (although this might have been a game for a bit more Udonis Haslem, who has had his moments against the Pacers). What you can't get away from is the energy and ball movement. When you do that, you effectively take Luol Deng and all of his off-the-ball movement out of the game. That's what happened Wednesday. As the ball movement goes, so goes Deng.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you're an idiot.

Ah, yes - the name calling has begun early. Have really missed it.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Washington, David Jones, JT Orr your referees for tonight's Heat-Hawks, 7:30 p.m., Philips Arena (Sun Sports)