• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat week 3 Game Thread

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No reason for Bosh to attempt a 3 at any point but since they seem content on losing, what the fuck ...
He is just trying to pad his stats. 4 garbage rebounds in this quarter will make his numbers look respectful.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, it is good that we have a back-to-back coming up - the more games we have in less time, the better -- keep these guys busy with having to get ready for games and not giving them too much time to relax as only bad things happen when this team has that luxury.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better worry...nothing given with this team. Wade is not getting younger. They need to win games early. 1-2 in the division. Celtics blowing it against the Cavs.......

What is there to worry about? Seriously how stupid are you?

They have been missing 2-3 guys who would be a part of the daily rotation in basically every game this year.

It's a loss and you move the fuck on.

Losing this game without Wade, McBob, & Granger doesn't mean they're going to go 1-3 next week.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Chalmers with a stupid foul....that boy has displaced aggression...Bosh with another garbage rebound....8 boards..

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What is there to worry about? Seriously how stupid are you?

They have been missing 2-3 guys who would be a part of the daily rotation in basically every game this year.

It's a loss and you move the fuck on.

Losing this game without Wade, McBob, & Granger doesn't mean they're going to go 1-3 next week.
Check back with me at year end and at week's end. Name calling and relying on Granger to be your savior? Really......We lost to the Pacers with Wade and McRoberts at home.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all you guys so worry about these early season losses meaning the Heat will barely make the playoffs, Toronto last year went 7-13 through 20 games.....Manage to finish with 48 wins and a 3 seed.

The overreaction on this board is ridiculous.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ok.....let's see what happens. Hope you are right. Cavs with 40 from Lebron take lead late in Boston.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check back with me at year end and at week's end. Name calling and relying on Granger to be your savior? Really......We lost to the Pacers with Wade and McRoberts at home.

It's not about being a savior. Granger even if his offense isn't there is a solid man to man defender and will help out.

He's way better than Ennis who is absolutely trash.

You guys are so freaking dramatic. This is a new team learning a new offense who's been together for about a month and a half.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's make a bet since you're so confident the Heat go 1-3 next week and end the week under .500

If they're under .500 next sunday night, I stop posting on this board for a week.

If they're over .500 next sunday night, you stop posting on this board for a week.

Deal?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Let's make a bet since you're so confident the Heat go 1-3 next week and end the week under .500

If they're under .500 next sunday night, I stop posting on this board for a week.

If they're over .500 next sunday night, you stop posting on this board for a week.

Deal?
Deal!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always have to remember that part of bk’s screenname has the #89 - probably the year you were born? Obviously still a very young kid with a lot to learn - so I guess your ignorance should be understandable and excused - and probably explains why you have to resort to name calling and bashing when you disagree or dislike the opinion of another... Just childish shit... but I will have to remember the #89 every time you post to excuse your ignorance and name calling habits.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably will stop posting this board for a while

Too many dramatic drama queens on this board that doesn't take into consideration anything

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I probably will stop posting this board for a while

Too many dramatic drama queens on this board that doesn't take into consideration anything
Drama queens....LOL. You do realize that we are 2-4 in our last six games and we have been outscored in the 2nd half of our last 7 and this is with McRoberts getting more minutes than he did when we started out 3-0. Coaching suspect, defense suspect, PG play poor, and inability to play against a big man is showing. Plenty of time left in the season, but many of us who deep down knew that our team would be middle of the road in East were just hoping that we were wrong after the nice 3-0 and 5-2 start with a couple of quality wins.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drama queens....LOL. You do realize that we are 2-4 in our last six games and we have been outscored in the 2nd half of our last 7 and this is with McRoberts getting more minutes than he did when we started out 3-0. Coaching suspect, defense suspect, PG play poor, and inability to play against a big man is showing. Plenty of time left in the season, but many of us who who deep down knew that our team would be middle of the road in East were just hoping that we were wrong after the nice 3-0 and 5-2 start with a couple of quality wins.

This team is nothing special, good or bad.
We'll have our good nights and we'll have plenty of bad.
At the end of the day/ season we will have relived 2008-10.

All the players who aren't playing do bring something.
But are they huge difference makers? No way.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bks no posting on the boards for a “while”? things should be a lot better now - and if that time is extended, even better. Gotta leave the children at home.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clown that likes to accuse people of “overreacting” mentioned that we shouldn’t worry because the Heat havent been at full strength this season. Wade sat out only his first game last night. McRoberts missed a few and Granger hasnt played yet... Outside of not having Granger at all - We have been fairly healthy. And even with some guys missing, we got off to a 3-0 start before our recent inconsistencies. So, lets not make injuries an excuse now. Its just been a matter of a lack of mental focus on our players part - Nothing to do with coaching. Like I said last night - you cant not give the coaches as much credit as you gave the players for the 3-0 start, unless you can give the players equal blame for the recent slide.

We have to take care of the ball better. Move the ball more - and get better at FTs. Spo said how they can only focus on so much at practice. What they need to do in practice is focus on the things that arent working: ball control, rebounding, better ball movement and FTs... and yeah he claims they didnt work on it the other day before they shot it well - but thats no excuse.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland taking care of ATL a night after the Heat gave them the game

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls getting destroyed by Indy at home.

Bulls stuck on 74 points with under 5 to go

Indy can be a pain in the ass on most nights due to their defense

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not pretty, but not unexpected. Nobody should be surprised that Dwyane Wade is out, too many back to games and minutes. -- Chet.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

A: And that's the balance the Heat are going to have to take with Wade this season, to sit him whenever he is injured, no matter the opponent or the schedule. A 32-year-old player can be prone to injury. What the Heat have to do is protect against anything that becomes protracted. But that said, it sure would have been helpful to have something more in support behind Wade than a former point guard (Mario Chalmers), a neophyte swingman who's not ready (James Ennis) or a journeyman who does not appear to be inspiring any trust (Shannon Brown). This is where the offseason losses of Ray Allen, Shane Battier and even James Jones take a toll. The Heat need more at the position than Wade and a prayer. Depth, quality depth, is essentially when you're talking about a safety net behind an older player. The risk now is to start approaching it with the view that a slightly hobbled Wade is better than the alternatives. That's a recipe for disaster. What seemingly is needed (or was needed during the offseason) is better alternatives.

Q: I don't see the Heat buying into Erik Spoelstra's defensive schemes. I just don't see it. I have seen enough games this year. The effort and hustle is not there on a consistent basis. I don't see anything that convinces me things will change. -- Stuart.

A: Oh, it will change, because anything less will not be tolerated, cannot be accepted. When you have a roster that lacks anything in the way of rim deterrence beyond a 36-year-old backup center in Chris Andersen, the only way to make the defense work is through lockstep cohesion and effort. While Spoelstra is less likely to bench a player for an offensive slump, anything less than the required maximum will not be tolerated on defense. And while there are several newcomers, there also are enough returning players in place to set the tone. This has become a ball-movement league, which also makes it a defensive-movement league. The teams that don't rotate smartly and aggressively get left behind, as was the case with the Heat on Friday night in Atlanta.

Q: We have seen it for years under coach Spoelstra. How much does sporadic minutes lead to an inconsistent performance and lack of confidence in players? -- Stone, Miami.

A: While I agree that players have to have the confidence to be able to play through struggles, I think that pertains more to veterans with a proven body of work, or those who have been in a similar role for an extended period. In other words, I have no issue if Spoelstra cuts back on Norris Cole's minutes during a game, with Cole still making the transition from instant-energy reserve to starter, or, for that matter, Spoelstra pulling the plug quickly on the James Ennis experiment as a starter on Friday night. What matters more is allowing a player such as Luol Deng to play through struggles, with Deng finally gaining traction in the second half against the Hawks after an uneven start in Atlanta.