• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Game Thread for January 20th-25th

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is Spolestra's job to make adjustments, proper rotations and help this talented team win and contend. He needs to improve on the -200 plus in the 2nd half of games.

And its up to the players on the court to execute - if they dont, all the work the coaching staff puts and all the work the front office puts will just go to waste

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And its up to the players on the court to execute - if they dont, all the work the coaching staff puts and all the work the front office puts will just go to waste

So the players somehow mysteriously and miraculously execute in the first half and 4th quarter, but lay an egg and all of sudden fail to execute in the 3rd quarter after halftime adjustments by the coaching staff?:wtf2: :scratch::scratch: A good sign that we won the third quarter finally, but that just barely gets us under -215 in the 2nd half for the year...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the players somehow mysteriously and miraculously execute in the first half and 4th quarter, but lay an egg and all of sudden fail to execute in the 3rd quarter after halftime adjustments by the coaching staff? A good sign that we won the third quarter finally, but that just barely gets us under -215 in the 2nd half for the year...

I dont think you even know the definition of the word “adjustments” Based on post from you and the other idiots in here - you only complain about lack of adjustments when the team is losing/lost - You make absolutely no mention of it when they win.

In fact as I stated a few games ago, this board is rather quiet when the Heat win because you have little to go on and complain about. Further proof that this whole lack of adjustments and subing crap is just some lame excuse you use when they lose to make the coaching staff the scapegoat while giving the players a pass.

It looks even worst when you fail to give credit to the coaching staff when it is due.

And, if you actually open your eyes - Outside of Whiteside playing more, and recently Napier over Cole, which wont last for too long - Because as was the case today, Napier was unimpressive. Look at his box score from today - And, he didnt really do much of the little things.

Fact of the matter is, the coaching staff is doing all the right stuff as usual, the only difference is the players doing a better job at executing.

The fact that the players execute in one half and fail to do so in another is more about them than the coaches - And vise versa.

Last, I said this before and will again since I have yet to see it - you, like the other idiots in here have been quick to jump on Spo and the staff when things have gone bad but have yet to give them an ounce of props when theyve done well.

Speaks to your stupidity and ignorance.

I wont say “ Heat fans” I will instead say “heat followers” since the people who follow our teams cant really be called fans - But come playoff time - regardless of how far we get, all these regular season stats will be forgotten.

And another thing to point out your ignorance - last year, you and the other idiots belittled the regular season because we could get away with some things - now you are complaining about those things?

Have perspective.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW we won or tied every quarter tonight

Yet some idiot in here said we had to lead into the 4th by a certain margin in order to win the game - we didnt lead by that amount and still won.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet some idiot in here said we had to lead into the 4th by a certain margin in order to win the game - we didnt lead by that amount and still won.

we actually by more than the margin I suggested:lame:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyway if we beat Milwaukee on tuesday, we will just be 1 L behind them

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Funny...that Paolo, the man who criticizes the man who won Miami 3 Championships is calling others idiots even as the man who won him those championships and who has maintained the Heat relevant in his 11 plus seasons is ostracized by the one calls other idiots. Yet, he defends a coach consistently who while being a great technician has clearly been at fault for not adjusting quick enough this year. He is adjusting better and getting a better feel for the game so I give him credit, but come on....we could have been doing so much better.

Also, you are fool to think that this season is the same as the last four. The last four was all about the playoffs. This season is about positioning for the playoffs and the regular season is so much more important. I now see why you like Spolestra so much...you both deal strictly in black and white.

In any event, the good news is as BKS says...if we can beat the Bucks Tuesday at home, we will be one game out of 6 and would have won 3 in a row. Let's hope we can keep the momentum going.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the start of the season I thought 5th was the best case scenario for this team but none of us could've imagine the Hawks being this good so now 6th is our best case scenario.

My dream scenario is 6th with a match-up against Toronto or Washington

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
At the start of the season I thought 5th was the best case scenario for this team but none of us could've imagine the Hawks being this good so now 6th is our best case scenario.

My dream scenario is 6th with a match-up against Toronto or Washington

:agree: Thought we would win 40 to 44 and likely compete for a 5th through 7th seed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Thought we would win 40 to 44 and likely compete for a 5th through 7th seed.

If we stay healthy we could have a really good 2nd half IMO. We only have 12 games left against the West and 8 of those 12 are in Miami.

Depending on health and how we enter the AS break, I can still see us around 43-45 wins.

We are currently in a stretch of our schedule all way through the March 11th where we're not playing many teams who are clearly better than us. The only teams who we play IMO that are clearly better than us from now until March 11th are the Mavs, Spurs, Cavs, Hawks, Wizards, & Suns. That is 6 games in roughly the next 2 months where we play a team that is obviously better than us.

We can do some good things if we stay healthy

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami Heat Eastern Conference breakdown for NBA playoffs - Sun Sentinel