• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Game Thread for Games January 27- February 6

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games in this stretch feature at home vs Bucks and Mavs, Celtics, Pistons, Timberwolves and Spurs

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are healthy in all of those games, I'm going to say we go 3-2 or 4-1

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Reid suggest we call him “ The great wall of Whiteside”

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SB Sunday around the corner and we have games to prepare for - Good thing we dont have the diva anymore that would want to stay back watching the game when the team should be traveling/preparing/playing next opponent

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a stupid move. Just like its been stupid not to play him at all recently - though weve been lucky enough to win those games. Doubtful we get very much of anything in return. We would probably get draft picks we will later get rid of or make no good use of - or get players we will probably get rid of right away or not use at all.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It would be a stupid move. Just like its been stupid not to play him at all recently - though weve been lucky enough to win those games. Doubtful we get very much of anything in return. We would probably get draft picks we will later get rid of or make no good use of - or get players we will probably get rid of right away or not use at all.

Why would it be a stupid move? He is gone after this season and he is not a missing piece. Getting something in return for him (anything) if the organization has decided to move on would not be a bad situation. However, we need to have something else in mind for point guard since would only have Napier and Chalmers who also doubles as our backup SG which does not seem deep enough.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ethan Skolnick was talking about Cole for Gary Neal which would make perfect sense since we don't have a true backup SG

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Brothers, Steve Anderson, Kevin Scott your referees for tonight's Heat-Bucks, 7:30 p.m,, AmericanAirlines Arena (Sun Sports).

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ethan Skolnick was talking about Cole for Gary Neal which would make perfect sense since we don't have a true backup SG

Or a true starting SG

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would it be a stupid move? He is gone after this season and he is not a missing piece. Getting something in return for him (anything) if the organization has decided to move on would not be a bad situation. However, we need to have something else in mind for point guard since would only have Napier and Chalmers who also doubles as our backup SG which does not seem deep enough.

Pretty sure that if the price is right, the Heat would opt to keep him while still trying to add to the team.

Never said he was a missing piece. But has proven to be an important piece - inconsistent as he may be.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could current Miami Heat mix be enough with only minor additions? - Sun Sentinel
ASK IRA: Could current Heat mix be enough with only minor additions?
"Ask Ira" is a daily feature of the Sun Sentinel.
By Ira Winderman
South Florida Sun Sentinel
contact the reporter Shabazz Napier Miami Heat Basketball James Ennis Chris Bosh Dwyane Wade Luol Deng

Could subtle additions be enough for Heat?
Have Heat given young pieces enough opportunity?
Is Napier a better option than Cole?

Q: Moving forward, even if he's not Anthony Davis, I'm convinced Hassan Whiteside will give the Heat what they need from the center position. With that said, point guard becomes the glaring position of need in the starting lineup. I wrote to you before the season that Mario Chalmers will be exposed with LeBron James not here. I hope Pat Riley goes all in this summer on unrestricted free agent Goran Dragic. Mike Conley is unrestricted in 2016, but I don’t think he'll leave Memphis if Marc Gasol stays. I'm hearing Houston may want Dragic back. The Lakers, too. Phoenix has Isaiah Thomas waiting in the wings to take his place. -- Rich, West Palm Beach.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

A: The problem is the Heat will not have cap space this coming offseason, unless Luol Deng and/or Dwyane Wade opt out, with neither expected. So you're talking something closer to the midlevel than Dragic money. But what Riley will have to decide is whether a core of Chris Bosh, Whiteside, Deng and Wade is enough to just continue to add yearly mid-level pieces. Of course a trade is another possibility. Depending on how the balance of this season plays out, it could be curious to see how committed the Heat remain to Bosh going forward.

Q: I'd like to see James Ennis get more time to see what he's about. I'm afraid that I don't really see us as very good at developing young talent. The Shabazz Napier, Andre Dawkins, Tyler Johnson and Ennis looks haven't been encouraging. Shouldn't this be part of Erik Spoelstra reinventing himself? -- Michael, Oviedo.

A: Or could it be that the players themselves haven't been that encouraging? The past couple of weeks, it was clear that Spoelstra committed to taking looks at Ennis and Napier. Then he backed off Ennis. Now it could be decision time with Napier. That's what happens when you're trying to win, too.

Q: Norris Cole should be playing ahead of Napier. -- Zachary.

A: Based on NBA-level ability, I agree. Cole, at this stage, helps you more than Napier. But this, again, is part of also trying to develop talent and maximizing draft pieces. Cole is a better defender, a better shooter and I'm not quite sold that Napier's playmaking gives him that much of an advantage. But I also believe it was essentially to give Napier another extended run before committing to a rotation going forward.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WIth the emergence of Whiteside, the Heat are a true and competent SG away from being true contenders again

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade is the best shooting guard in the east. What's the heat record without him again?

Why do you engage? If it were a rational heat poster where you could have a discussion, I would get it. But no rational heat post would be saying this crap. He doesn't even address the true Heat need (PG).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you engage? If it were a rational heat poster where you could have a discussion, I would get it. But no rational heat post would be saying this crap. He doesn't even address the true Heat need (PG).

Taking him off ignore was a bad move. He lasted 2 days. He will return to my ignore list before the game tonight

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Andersen (elbow) didn't go through shootaround. Questionable. Deng (calf) is doubtful.

Per Ira Winderman.

Tough to lose to important players just when you have some momentum building. Hopefully they can recover well enough for the game.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade is the best shooting guard in the east. What's the heat record without him again?

Yet, thankfully, didnt get into the AS game so that more deserving players can get in. And our record without him doesnt matter, just like even our record with him doesn’t matter - what matter is reality and reality is we are 20-24

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cannot avoid the injury bug.

This is beyond frustrating.

When did Deng get hurt?