• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Game Thread for games for week of December 16-21

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Still can and should get a win tomorrow - I said this would be a bounce back week for the Heat. A 2-2 week after the weeks we have previously had, would certainly qualify as a bounce back week.

But , just hope the heat dont make a guy by the name of Kelly go off on them on Sunday.

And as I have said previously, you know the east is pretty bad when the Heat continue to struggle as they have and yet still hold the 7th seed, albeit by the slimest of margins. If they can just put a couple of wins together they can move up easily in the standings.

Oh, and last night I mentioned our record being great in the 4th quarter -- it meant nothing at the end -- just like it means absolutely NOTHING and makes NO difference if a game is played on the road or home - especially when it comes to the Heat.

But, at least they were competitive - if we didnt run the offense through diva so much late in the game, we probably would have won.
Yes you once again jinxed us....so let me get this straight. Your definition of a bounce back week thus far is going 1-2 with 2 consecutive home losses against Utah and Washington. LOL.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If were able to beat Boston & Philadelphia, we would be one game off my prediction after the west coast road trip. I said 15-14 heading into the Cleveland game but looking like 14-15 if we win the next 2

Not terrible considering all the injuries
I am not confident in the Boston game. Hope we can beat the Sixers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about which heat team show up. I think we beat Philadelphia no matter what. As for Boston if it's the team that showed up last night or Tuesday in Brooklyn we would win. If it's the team who showed up Sunday vs Chicago or Wednesday vs utah we lose

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you once again jinxed us....so let me get this straight. Your definition of a bounce back week thus far is going 1-2 with 2 consecutive home losses against Utah and Washington. LOL.
[/QUOTE

Its not a bounce back week just yet - thats why I said it could be if we win tomorrow, as we most certainly should.

Reading comprehension is still an issue for you

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/QUOTE

Its not a bounce back week just yet - thats why I said it could be if we win tomorrow, as we most certainly should.

Reading comprehension is still an issue for you

We are favored at home, by 1 point.

Can we win? Of course.
Can we lose? Easily.

Our roster has 2 potential difference makers and with Bosh out, opponents basically just have to try to contain Wade.

I honestly have no problem if we end up bottom 10, because we aren't going anywhere and I'd hate to see the Cavs end up getting a nice young player with our draft pick.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Spooner, Kevin Cutler, Kane Fitzgerald your referees for tonight's Heat-Celtics, 6 p.m., AmericanAirlines Arena (Sun Sports

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our roster has 2 potential difference makers and with Bosh out, opponents basically just have to try to contain Wade.

With Bosh out we have no difference makers - its easy to contain Wade
I honestly have no problem if we end up bottom 10, because we aren't going anywhere and I'd hate to see the Cavs end up getting a nice young player with our draft pick.

We wont be bottom 10 - We will make the playoffs no problem. Boston was already out of the picture, but most certainly out of it now without Rondo and the Nets could trade away Williams and Plumelee. They will still have Joe Johnson but Williams is the guy that gets them going.

Again, we will make the playoffs.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Mario Chalmers is a magician: He has a good game once every five or so and then disappears, poof! He shoots an occasional three, misses a ton of shots, very inconsistent and poof he is a starter! How does he do it? -- Stone, Miami.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

A: Because the Heat's other options at point guard are Norris Cole and Shabazz Napier? The Heat arguably have the worst rotation at point guard in the league. So Erik Spoelstra has to try something. The reality is that Chalmers seemingly was playing well in his combo role off the bench, and essentially is remaining in such a role, coming out early in favor of Cole and then re-entering before the end of the first quarter in place of Dwyane Wade. When you think about it, the Heat have already demoted Napier to the D-League and demoted Cole from the starting lineup. It's as if they know what they don't have. The solution would be a D-and-three guard the Heat could play alongside Wade, since Wade lacks the quickness at his age to play point guard defensively. But Wade essentially has emerged as the Heat's offensive point guard, the way he has taken over getting the Heat into offense.

Q: The best trade option would be Norris Cole and whatever it takes for Dion Waiters. LeBron James gets to play with a point guard he likes, and we get a strong back up for Dwyane Wade so he can take days off (and not have to do 42 points on a nightly basis.) -- Nelson, Kendall.

A: Works for me. But I'm not sure it would work for the Cavaliers, who realize that Mike Miller, with his injuries, is not exactly a fulltime player.

Q: Although at the time it was generally considered another masterful job by Pat Riley, did Riles make a bad thing worse by signing Chris Bosh and Josh McRoberts long term? When LeBron left, did we miss an opportunity to build a new foundation? -- Steve, Miami.

A: No, I like that he limited the long-term commitment to just two players, so there still is plenty of flexibility. And I think the Bosh-McRoberts pairing is intriguing, one that had precious little time on the court before the two were sidelined, McRoberts now likely for the season. As long as the two can make it work next season, I think it is a pairing that could prove intriguing to free agents, as well. Bosh has the look of a player whose game could age well.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bosh out we have no difference makers - its easy to contain Wade

We wont be bottom 10 - We will make the playoffs no problem. Boston was already out of the picture, but most certainly out of it now without Rondo and the Nets could trade away Williams and Plumelee. They will still have Joe Johnson but Williams is the guy that gets them going.

Again, we will make the playoffs.

I never implied we won't make them.
Regardless of your chatter about Wade, when he's healthy, he's still an near elite type player.

My point was I would be ok with not making them because we lose the pick.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre Dawkins recalled

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A supposed “knee contusion” for Diva Wade could cause him to SIT OUT another tonight
Birdman to play despite ankle injury. And Whiteside out due to some toenail issue

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hope the home crowd pulls whomever is out there to victory....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB and McRob officially inactive

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the home crowd pulls whomever is out there to victory....

Our weak ass crowd aint about that life

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wade out tonight. Could get ugly. 6 straight home loss?! 8 of 9 losses at home. Some much for Heat Nation.....wonder what the crowds start looking like in January if this poor play at home continues. Hard to believe we could be so bad at home.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starters vs the Celtics: Norris Cole, Mario Chalmers, Luol Deng, Shawne Williams & Chris Andersen.

So, Diva Wade SITTING OUT another game, at least thats how it looks to start with - doubtful he comes off the bench, as shouldve always been the case since game 1 this season

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe we could be so bad at home.

Why so hard to believe? What is so special about “home” especially in Miami considering our fans? Heat nation dissolved when we lost in the finals and Queen James left - only the FEW, select, hardcore remain and like I said - its only FEW

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diva Wade, in fact, out - wont play at all

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Don't be so hard on our fans. The Heat have built significant loyalty and base since 2006. The fans have been coming to the games and supporting this team. They have averaged 19,000 plus at home.