• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Heat Game Thread for games December 23- January 4th

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley failed this team for the past 4 years when he refused to get a real center.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Riley failed this team for the past 4 years when he refused to get a real center.
Stop...Riley made the Heat relevant and got us to 4 straight finals and has the Heat with 3 titles. Lebron leaving left him in a horrible position particularly since him and Bosh made the Heat give up so many picks so they could get their 6 year max deals.

We are getting out coached this year. I don't think we are missing a center as much as a decent point guard.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. Small ball worked perfect for those teams because we were able to take advantage by having LBJ at 4 and CB at 5. CB at 5 is the true reason we handled OKC in 5 because Ibaka was a non-factor on defense because he had to live on the perimeter guarding Bosh.

I hate not having a real C but it doesn't annoy me nearly as much as not having a true PG.

I would take a real PG over a C in a heartbeat. This team would be much better with a true PG and have Rio backing up Wade at is natural position which is SG

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also need an SG

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Pat Riley have to step in with Miami Heat? - Sun Sentinel

Pat doesnt need to step in. Every thing is fine. Players just need to get the job done. As Ira pointed out, the collapse for the Heat started in the second quarter last night, not the third quarter - so this whole idea that Spo doesnt make adjustments is false - the problems for the Heat start long before the third quarter/half time - They cant get behind - they most play with the lead at all times until the end, because when adversity strikes, our so called leader in Diva Wade collapses like a little pussy that he has become.

People forget that our best game of late wasnt the one vs Cleveland , it came on December 21st against Boston. We all even mentioned it on the game thread as one of the more complete Heat wins of the season. What makes that night noteworthy, you ask? Diva Wade SAT OUT that night and we won. Dont come at me with that “ It was the Celtics” crap, we are in no position to be belittling opponents this year.

Fact of the matter is, we are probably better off with Diva not playing at all, or at least not starting.

Riles doesnt need to step in and do anything , except maybe tell Spo to change his starting SG because he doesnt have what it takes anymore

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And better and more appreciative fans....

That would then require relocating the team because those type of fans dont exist in this lousy city. You heard of Titletown, USA? This is Bandwagon/fair-weathered city, USA.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of some early-season spunk, the Heat have looked miserable for most of the season. It doesn't seem like Pat Riley has much to lose by shaking things up by the trading deadline. This team is not going anywhere. -- Stuart.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

A: But there isn't much -- with the Heat's current personnel, lack of future draft picks, and cap position -- that he can do. And he's not going to jeopardize the big picture of 2016 free agency. But I can also guarantee that this is not how Riley envisioned the interim. If the Heat are routinely putting up the type of embarrassments they've put together recently, games like Indiana and Houston, you have to wonder if outside players will view the Heat in a different light. Those "hardest-working," "toughest-minded," etc., precepts that the Heat have turned into mantras aren't there right now. If this continues to go in this direction, then the outsiders who say it was all about LeBron James the previous four seasons will put Riley in a position I can't fathom he could tolerate. I do think a Riley Moment could be at hand. He tends to be with the Heat on West Coast trips, especially with the upcoming one including five consecutive days in Los Angeles. Whether he wants to be or not, he's smack in the middle of this right now, because it's his system, his roster, his approach. His problem to fix.

cComments
The Heat are absolutely lost strategically at both ends of the court. In addition, player frustration, focus and energy are a reflection of the coaching as well. This quite good team is essentially lost. Riley absolutely must step in to re-align Spo with player-matching systems and productive...
JOSH22
AT 9:09 AM JANUARY 04, 2015
ADD A COMMENTSEE ALL COMMENTS

Q: How much is on the coach when the players give up? I mean a coach doesn't shoot or dribble, the players have to execute. On the other hand, if the players quit on the coach, what's that say about the respect he commands? Often times, that's when coaches get "reassigned," when the players no longer buy in. -- Martin.

A: Erik Spoelstra isn't going anywhere. Shouldn't go anywhere, except perhaps into a closed-door meeting with Riley, where the two can discuss what Riley has given him, if the pieces fit, and whether they can be molded into something better than what has been on display these past two months. And then Spoelstra has to go back to the drawing board as many times as it takes. What the Heat can't afford at moments like this is stubborn. There is a problem. That demands a solution. Spoelstra and Riley are hard workers. Now is the time for that work.

Q: Nobody seems willing to confront this issue with Dwyane Wade. He's scoring, but not in the third quarters. The Heat will continue to play lousy in the third as long as Wade appears disinterested in scoring. Expecting to make it up in the fourth won't cut it. I'm afraid James Harden was right when he complained that Wade was picked over him in player ratings before last season. This game should have showcased Wade's dominance, but it showed the reverse. Harden puts out on every play. -- Alan.

A: As a captain, more should be expected from Wade. That's part of the deal. It's why he's a captain, while Chris Bosh isn't. And accepting good as good enough can't be tolerated, and shouldn't. I do think that after the past four seasons, Wade is exhausted, perhaps more mentally than physically. But for the Heat to go anywhere from here, they are going to need four-quarter, two-way Wade. I am sure he believes he remains up to the task. But it's about more than scoring. Far more than scoring. Carmelo Anthony and Kobe Bryant score. But their teams are at a place the Heat aren't expected to be . . . but will be if it only is about points for Wade, or anyone else on the team.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Foster, Tyler Ford, Sean Wright your referees for tonight's Heat-Nets, 6 p.m., AmericanAirlines Arena (Sun Sports).

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Everyone sees Riley needs to step up. Wade has been out 7 plus games, Bosh out seven plus games and Bird has been out. You want to know the consistent with this team, who is 14-20? You got it. Your beloved Spolestra. Throw in the point guards if you want, but I guarantee you that our record is not 6 games under 500 when Napier had meaningful minutes which by the way is another coaching decision.

People see that Spolestra's need a life vest from his mentor....

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That would then require relocating the team because those type of fans dont exist in this lousy city. You heard of Titletown, USA? This is Bandwagon/fair-weathered city, USA.
LOL. I was talking about you.......You have celebrated 3 titles and 5 finals with Wade in 11 years and you can't appreciate him. Sad, truly....

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have celebrated 3 titles and 5 finals with Wade in 11 years and you can't appreciate him. Sad, truly....

I celebrated and apperciated that heck out of thise moments when they came - but they came and went - long ago... Those glorious days are LONG behind him - And what I dont apperciate is his stupid, unnecessary antics since

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, the sports world and broadcasting world today in Stuart Scott. This morning, he lot his battle with cancer. Stuart has had multiple surgeries in a short span of days - I know what thats like as a physically disabled individual. Stuart fought the fight until the very bitter end.

So, see - There is a little more to life than a 14-20 basketball team. A little more rough patches in life than some little knee injury. Gain some perspective. We all have it made - especially these diva atheletes.

Life isnt fair and cancer fucking sucks!

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
In other news, the sports world and broadcasting world today in Stuart Scott. This morning, he lot his battle with cancer. Stuart has had multiple surgeries in a short span of days - I know what thats like as a physically disabled individual. Stuart fought the fight until the very bitter end.

So, see - There is a little more to life than a 14-20 basketball team. A little more rough patches in life than some little knee injury. Gain some perspective. We all have it made - especially these diva atheletes.

Life isnt fair and cancer fucking sucks!
We agree for once Paolo. Cancer sucks indeed.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erik Spoelstra says same lineup same players available tonight as Saturday, including Birdman, who is dealing with an ankle issue.

Per Ira Winderman.

So, diva will in fact play tonight but that is no longer a good thing anymore. He should just sit back and watch guys like Birdman and Deng man up and play their asses off for their team even while injured

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Justin Hamilton is expected back at practice this coming week.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A typical non-sell-out crowd at AAArena tonight... lets see what excuse the apologist can come up with tonight

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bone-headed plays already from Diva . At this point in his career, its pointless to double him because he is no longer a threat but smart move by the defense to do it because he is so weak minded that he doesnt know how to handle double teams and pressure anymore

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hassan Whiteside making early impact - Last night was just a bad matchup for him

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ira points out how Birdman and Whiteside going for blocks on every shot as a reason why they get into so much foul trouble