• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins - Baltimore Ravens Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is trash. Tannehill is garbage. Season is done. Get rid of coaches and QB.

Of course, the biggest idiot of them all would say Tannehill is garbage and ask for the coach and QB to be gone. See you on the Heat board soon - so you can entertain me with your nonsense there as per usual

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg, almost comically pathetic....Dumerville by himself has 4 flippin sacks!! How on earth did this team manage to come oh so close to beating Denver?!!! Just like the Dolphins we're so used to watching.....world beaters one week, Southern Baptist Church University the next. I truly cannot wait until this team finally becomes relevant again.....if it ever happens.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under NO circumstances are there games in the NFL, or sports, that a team SHOULD have won. A team either wins a game or loses , whatever the result - it will be because they did everything to earn that result.

No game is decided until the clock hitz zero. To have the opposite mentality is what causes things like this to happen

I respectfully disagree, no offense. We SHOULD have beaten GB.....we SHOULD have beaten Detroit.....and we SHOULD have beaten Denver. But you ARE right, when you play 'not to lose' , rather than 'play to win', THIS is the type of team you become. However you want to say it, this team is nowhere close to playoff caliber. NOT EVEN CLOSE......

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, again, contrary to popular belief - The Fins dont control their own destiny, especially now - Much like last season. They wont get it done on their own, so they will need lots of help now.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree, no offense. We SHOULD have beaten GB.....we SHOULD have beaten Detroit.....and we SHOULD have beaten Denver. But you ARE right, when you play 'not to lose' , rather than 'play to win', THIS is the type of team you become. However you want to say it, this team is nowhere close to playoff caliber. NOT EVEN CLOSE......

I don't disagree but the lack of quality depth and a myriad of injuries in the secondary and oline have hurt them more. I think that it's fixable in the offseason. LB'ers need to be upgraded too!!! I would draft a QB later in the draft as it wouldn't hurt to have some competition.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, again, contrary to popular belief - The Fins dont control their own destiny, especially now - Much like last season. They wont get it done on their own, so they will need lots of help now.

Here's what pisses me off so badly: Before this team started playing inspiring football (somewhere around the GB game), I was completely convinced this team would find a way to let their fanbase down yet AGAIN. But then, they really started playing 'big boy football', and I started to 'believe' (the SAME damn mistake I end up making EVERY DAMN SEASON)......but like frickin ALWAYS, this team reverts back to 'dumpster fire Dolphins' , just like they are accustomed to doing EVERY DAMNN SEASON. I'm so completely tired of being optimistic about this unbelievably dysfunctional franchise year in, year out. It really IS the culture here......this team will just CONTINUE to bathe in mediocrity until we find the RIGHT quarterback, the RIGHT head coach, the RIGHT general manager. I cannot say for sure we have ANY of the 3.....I'm done watching till next year. This team will get smoked in Foxboro, and the rest will not matter. So damn deflating......

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's over Paolo they are decimated in the secondary and oline is not good enough without Albert. I hate giving up but in reality it's better to fall behind the group and get better draft position. They will be better next year I'm confident of that. A few coaches may lose their job but I'm not sure it's all on them with the nature of the injuries this year. The GM needs another year to build the depth. At the same time I wouldn't be pissed if some changes are made just as long as it doesn't set the team back. Tanny should stay not his fault for everything he had guys in his face most of the game...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Miller only atompted 9 rushes, 13 total for the Fins - Again, like I said earlier, they got pass happy for no reason and it cost them. They made THEMSELVES one-dimensional and played into the Ravens hands

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Miller only atompted 9 rushes, 13 total for the Fins - Again, like I said earlier, they got pass happy for no reason and it cost them. They made THEMSELVES one-dimensional and played into the Ravens hands

Agreed on that to start the 3rd quarter they passed nd should have been more balanced. Didn't help that they were called for oline down field every play...as that killed their drives a few times.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's over Paolo they are decimated in the secondary and oline is not good enough without Albert. I hate giving up but in reality it's better to fall behind the group and get better draft position. They will be better next year I'm confident of that. A few coaches may lose their job but I'm not sure it's all on them with the nature of the injuries this year. The GM needs another year to build the depth. At the same time I wouldn't be pissed if some changes are made just as long as it doesn't set the team back. Tanny should stay not his fault for everything he had guys in his face most of the game...

I wouldn't think twice, Joe should most definitely be canned-right or wrong. Had he won EITHER game last year (Jets or Bills), all might be fine. Couple last year with some ABSOLUTELY horrendous coaching decisions THIS season, and its an absolute 'no brainer'. Joe must go.....take Coyle with you. Elevate Lazor to head coach, find a REAL defensive coordinator, give Hicky another year. Stick a fork in this year, its over done. Anybody and everyone should be open for a trade, including Wake. I would send Wallace on his way, either via a trade or an outright release. Hartline also has been non-existent all year long.....this team has A LOT of big decisions to make by next year. First and foremost, Philbin is NOT the answer. Next coach please....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lazor isn't ready to be a head coach so if you can Philbin a new guy may can Lazor which would be a shame as he made strides this year. If Albert doesn't go down I think they would have been even better.

I'm not impressed with Wallace's effort. They haven't had time to throw deep often but when they do he's not running or even going for it. I'd give him one more year because they have other needs unless they go WR first round but I doubt it.

I really have to think about what's the most important position as Taylor, Davis and Aikens should improve next year so CB isn't brutal and oline could really use a stud G but MLB seems huge as that would solidify the D. I guess you go best LB or olineman in first round unless a major talent falls to you. The other rounds fill in the other needs...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off congratulations to the Ravens. They made enough plays to win. The two areas that have been hit by injuries to the Fins the most are the Oline & the secondary. The Ravens exploited those areas of weakness. The Fins will need to win the next three games now to have any chance to get to the playoffs. If the Fins beat the Pats, I could see them winning the next two after & having a chance. Otherwise, it will be all about the upcoming draft & free agency. I like what Hickey did in the draft and free agency which leads me to believe the Fins will keep adding the right talent going forward. If the Fins can't overcome their injuries and win next week on the road then they just aren't ready for the playoffs this year.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe next season they can make playoffs. Strength and deepen O line and get secondary help will be key. Need more RB depth as well and maybe someone teach Lazor to stretch the field a bit in his play calling. Still outside chance they can win division, that looks to be only way they get in, wildcard is out

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they threw the long ball out completely when Albert went down. Simply not enough time to let the routes get open. Tanny said that by the time he had to throw he could only find his 3rd progression or dump off as the rush came too quickly.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe next season they can make playoffs. Strength and deepen O line and get secondary help will be key. Need more RB depth as well and maybe someone teach Lazor to stretch the field a bit in his play calling. Still outside chance they can win division, that looks to be only way they get in, wildcard is out

I don't put 'lack of the deep ball" on Lazor....its pretty much all on Tannehill. Why continue to force the issue when its painfully obvious you've got a quarterback that is unable to connect on a deep route-regardless of how open his receiver might be. Hopefully, as Tannehill continues to progress with his accuracy(he's made HUGE strides in that department, IMO), he will also improve his clearly pathetic deep pass. But honestly, Lazor is to be commended for calling plays that enhance Tannehills abilities/strengths.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lazor isn't ready to be a head coach so if you can Philbin a new guy may can Lazor which would be a shame as he made strides this year. If Albert doesn't go down I think they would have been even better.

I'm not impressed with Wallace's effort. They haven't had time to throw deep often but when they do he's not running or even going for it. I'd give him one more year because they have other needs unless they go WR first round but I doubt it.

I really have to think about what's the most important position as Taylor, Davis and Aikens should improve next year so CB isn't brutal and oline could really use a stud G but MLB seems huge as that would solidify the D. I guess you go best LB or olineman in first round unless a major talent falls to you. The other rounds fill in the other needs...

I just don't know Flyer....I mean, there are A LOT of guys both on ESPN and FOX that continue to say that Bill Lazor will be the next big thing when it comes to head coaches. If Joe gets canned, I would rather see Lazor promoted to head coach than to have yet ANOTHER guy brought in that CLEARLY is not ready for the job. IF they DO fire Joe(which should be an absolute MUST if they lose next wknd-which I'm predicting is ALL New England, 42-20), either bring in a LEGITIMATE head coach-Gruden, Cowher, Harbaugh- or give the job to Lazor. Just don't fire Philbin and bring in another Tony Sparano clone for another 3 yrs of laughable football in South Florida. I went on a substantial rant earlier, most of it was continued frustration over seemingly ENDLESS EFFING MEDIOCRITY. After cooling off a little bit, I will always bleed aqua and orange.....but its very obvious things NEED to change in Miami. Being close to great is a really dubious frickin honor, and I'm worn out with being 'close'. Either Ross needs to put guys in place to FINALLY turn this damn team around or sell the ****ing team to someone who will.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at most successful coaches like BB or Carroll they've all failed in their first go around. Do we give a guy like Philbin one more year to let everyone get more comfortable or keep the two step going? I do see a lot of errors but I also see improvement in a lot of areas. Very hard call with only knowing so much as a fan. I still believe either way they will be better next year it's inevitable unless they blow it all up that would be insane. It is closer than in the past no doubt about it...

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am i the only one who thought the Flacco fumble was actually a fumble? To me that was they key to the game. We caused a turnover at the goaline and got the ball back, only would have been down 1pt. instead they score next play and thats the game. Flaccos arm was not going forward from throwing the ball, he was hit and pushed back which makes his arm look like its going forward.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know but I bet that if that was Tanny it would have been a fumble. They were all over the Fins on the BS calls. I also forgot the push off by smith on a big 3rd down conversion. The ravens got a lot of big plays from calls. I don't normally bring this up but it was blatant yesterday...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am i the only one who thought the Flacco fumble was actually a fumble? To me that was they key to the game. We caused a turnover at the goaline and got the ball back, only would have been down 1pt. instead they score next play and thats the game. Flaccos arm was not going forward from throwing the ball, he was hit and pushed back which makes his arm look like its going forward.

I have seen other teams get that call & it was ruled a fumble. In fact I've seen fumble calls where the QB's arm looked even more in a passing motion. The Fins would have had to be up more that a touchdown throughout the game to overcome the calls that they got on their own home field. I don't blame the loss on the refs though but it sure didn't help. The Fins had some key dropped passes. The defense needed to stop some key drives & didn't make it happen. Especially against the pass. I think the Fins need another shutdown corner. They have other needs also but that's their top need along with RT. J James played very well at RT before Albert's injury but the team needs more depth at RT in case James needs to play LT again. The Fins will need to bounce back & play their best game of the year on Sunday or they will get steamrolled by the Pats.