• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mezsaros Torn Achilles

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we LTIR Mezz and have his money come off the cap?
I dont mind the other teams matching i would just like to push the price up for them to match so they have less cap room to work with.

yep

dont see the flyers trying an offer sheet again.. the only team that i can think of that used an offer sheet just to up someone's salary, was when the sharks did it to the hawks on hjallmarsson to get niemi.. the flyers wont do it just for shits.. seems to be an unspoken rule amongst GMs that you dont offer sheet someone when you know they can and will match

scares me a little, but i think going in to the season as is, is the right play.. every thing/one is too expensive otherwise.. if coiaoviaousdifaoivjov-co is willing to sign a 1 year contract i might do that.. same goes for rozival or foster if they're < 3mil

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep

dont see the flyers trying an offer sheet again.. the only team that i can think of that used an offer sheet just to up someone's salary, was when the sharks did it to the hawks on hjallmarsson to get niemi.. the flyers wont do it just for shits.. seems to be an unspoken rule amongst GMs that you dont offer sheet someone when you know they can and will match

scares me a little, but i think going in to the season as is, is the right play.. every thing/one is too expensive otherwise.. if coiaoviaousdifaoivjov-co is willing to sign a 1 year contract i might do that.. same goes for rozival or foster if they're < 3mil

Rozival is a good idea but i still like manning until he proves me wrong.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pronger and Mesz will both go to LTIR. Problem is that they cant do it until the season starts. Til then we carry the cap hit.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pronger and Mesz will both go to LTIR. Problem is that they cant do it until the season starts. Til then we carry the cap hit.

still allowed to go 10% over the cap though (almost 78 mil) and the flyers are only at like 68 mil

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Eklund says we are eyeing PK FWIW

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Eklund says we are eyeing PK FWIW

unlikely i think.. if we're talking to the habs its probably about kaberle or one of the older vets that could actually be had cheap

I like it and think we can get him at a fair price.

strongly disagree. no way the habs give him up for anything short of schenn or couturier +

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather try out a guy like Manning instead of those three guys you named, i thought he played pretty well for his short time he was with the big club. I was just thinking Homer might make an offer to some RFA like a delZotto for instance and maybe steal him or at worst push up the price on the Rags or Subban i dont see how we can lose by just making an offer.

I actually said earlier in the thread that I thought MAB & Manning were ready to play the 5/6 roles. I just meant that I'd rather sign a physical FA on the cheap then auction off the future to trade for some big name D-man since I doubt they'd see more then 3rd pairing minutes anyway.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaberle is...interesting

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually said earlier in the thread that I thought MAB & Manning were ready to play the 5/6 roles. I just meant that I'd rather sign a physical FA on the cheap then auction off the future to trade for some big name D-man since I doubt they'd see more then 3rd pairing minutes anyway.

I'd definitely like to see what they have there before signing another guy like lilja. What if one or two of them improve to the point of being a solid dman now you have options at the deadline if needed. Make a move later in the year would be my play unless they can steal a guy like murray.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For whatever reason, the FLyers have always wanted Kaberle. Since back in the original Lindros trade rumors, his name would come up. I don't really like him, but that seems legitimate. And he is a proven NHL defenseman. If they can get him for little off the roster, that is good with me.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason, the FLyers have always wanted Kaberle. Since back in the original Lindros trade rumors, his name would come up. I don't really like him, but that seems legitimate. And he is a proven NHL defenseman. If they can get him for little off the roster, that is good with me.

he's been very suspect defensively, and is pretty much just a situational OFD these days, but the flyers could use it.. and they way he's been playing the past couple years, i dont see it taking much more than a 3rd round pick

anybody have his contract stats handy? capgeek is blocked for me

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.25 hit over the next 2 years.

save the money for next years FA's. If anything go with a younger carlo c#$%%###$io but what if a guy like Manning ends up just as good then you're spinning your wheels for nothing.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kaberle's price is low, I go that route. That is unless we can snag PK. :)

I take Kaberle over Colaicavo (Winged that, did I spell it right?), Rozival, and palying 2 of our young guys.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol good point PR.

"The nickname “Glass Carlo” isn’t a very kind one but it unfortunately has been a pretty truthful one over the last few seasons. Over the last three seasons Colaiacovo has played in 64, 65 and 67 games. From concussion-like symptoms to hamstring injuries, to wrist injuries and the infamous “lower-body” injury, Colaiacovo has experienced it all"

The Arguments For and Against Carlo Colaiacovo | FrozenNotes.com

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is any team that can get a defenseman hurt it's us so colocalv (sp) is a must sign.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.....knowing our luck he'd blow an ACL on opening night. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash