• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Metta World Peace joining New York Knicks

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,868.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metta World Peace, who cleared waivers late Sunday afternoon after being amnestied by the Los Angeles Lakers, has found a new landing spot.

World Peace said Monday that he was joining the New York Knicks because he wants to win.

"I don't care if I'm starting, or sweeping the floors. You hear me? I want to win," he said.

The two came to terms on a two-year deal with the first year guaranteed, a league source told ESPNNewYork.com's Ian Begley.

The deal is worth approximately $1.6 million per season with a player option for Year 2, the source said, adding that the Knicks used the remainder of their mini-midlevel exception to sign the former Laker.

Source: ESPN New York

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its about 14 years to late.... Should have drafted him. Stupid Knicks Management.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its about 14 years to late.... Should have drafted him. Stupid Knicks Management.

When it comes to stupidity the Knicks needn't worry. The Hawks trump them every time. We virtually traded Josh Smith for Paul Millsap

:doh::L

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to stupidity the Knicks needn't worry. The Hawks trump them every time. We virtually traded Josh Smith for Paul Millsap

:doh::L

Sprewell for Keith Van Horn.

Traded For Eddy Curry giving up 1st round draft picks
Traded for Stephon Marbury giving up 2 first round picks.
Traded for Andrea Bargnani who was about to be bought and and traded yet another first round draft pick

More Knick incompetence Let young talent like Jeremy Lin and Landry Fields walk but sign Kidd and Camby and Wallace and now world peace.

Buy out Billups to sign Tyson Chandler when Howard and CP3 were going to be FA the next year. Then you dont have a buyout for Amare.

There is a reason the Knicks havent won a championship since the 70s..... and Dolan is the main reason.... Big shocker that both the Rangers and Knicks have had more failure then success since he has owned the teams.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like this move. It pretty much guarantees Melo will be playing the four and it's not a good fit for him and it kills me when commentators say he excels at the four. He does not! With the exception of his scoring, everything else is pretty much the same and the style he plays, he is better at the three. It's no wonder the Knicks are almost at the bottom of the league in rebounds.

Orange-and-Blue

Go Broncos!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does excel at the 4. He also doesnt normally cover the 4 on the defensive end regardless of where he plays. Artest will probably be guarding the 4 on the defensive end when on the floor together. When they are not on the floor together than Amare will be and defend the 4.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare Melo's stats when he plays the 4 and the 3 and tell me there is a huge difference. There is not. Again, if he rebounded well, I'd understand the move but the Knicks are almost dead last in that category.

Damntoni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see how Woodson is going to preach defense when we only picked up Artest.