• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Metsies @ Cubbies 6/3-6/5

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets open a three-game series against the Cubs in Chicago on Tuesday at 8:05 p.m.

Zack Wheeler (2-5, 4.31 ERA) gets the start for the Mets, opposed by Jake Arrieta (1-1, 3.20 ERA) for Chicago

Currently 28-29, 3rd in the NL East.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets-go-Mets-2010.gif

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHICAGO...(6/3)-- Here are the lineups for the Mets' 8:05 p.m. ET series opener Tuesday against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field, which is celebrating its 100th anniversary.

i

Matt den Dekker, cf
Daniel Murphy, 2b
David Wright, 3b
Curtis Granderson, rf
Chris Young, lf
Lucas Duda, 1b
Wilmer Flores, ss
Travis d'Arnaud, c
Zack Wheeler, rhp

EmilioBonifacio, 2b
Junior Lake, cf
Anthony Rizzo, 1b
Starlin Castro, ss
Luis Valbuena, 3b
Nate Schierholtz, rf
Chris Coghlan, lf
John Baker, c
Jake Arrieta, rhp

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Wheeler can give us another solid outing

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2: Another inexcusable loss on TC's head.

Wheeler pitched his butt off and gets zero run support......ugghhhhh.

• Please dump Chris Young ASAP (why he was even starting is a mystery)....give the AB's to Campbell or Abreu... and please call up Brown +/or Capt. Kirk.

• T d'A is not a big league catcher at this point.... give the AB's to Recker.....
and please call up Plawecki +/or Teagarden.

FIRE COLLINS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss :L

Tough?? Not even close!

Tough doesn't describe how impotent & anemic these a-holes are w/ runners in scoring position time and time again...or how frustrating it is to watch when they aren't able to turn a routine double play in crucial times of a game..(like in the bottom of the 9th tonight)

It's not tough at all.....It's Friggin Pathetic and Pitiful.

Just when you think they might be figuring out how to harness a little momentum....it all goes to shit...and against an inferior team no less...:gaah:

:lame:

Collins isn't the guy to get them to the next level....I hope Sandy realizes that and mitigates further damage, and soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough?? Not even close!

Tough doesn't describe how impotent & anemic these a-holes are w/ runners in scoring position time and time again...or how frustrating it is to watch when they aren't able to turn a routine double play in crucial times of a game..(like in the bottom of the 9th tonight)

It's not tough at all.....It's Friggin Pathetic and Pitiful.

Just when you think they might be figuring out how to harness a little momentum....it all goes to shit...and against an inferior team no less...:gaah:

:lame:

Collins isn't the guy to get them to the next level....I hope Sandy realizes that and mitigates further damage, and soon.

Well hey, glad you elaborated on my post! Haha

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHICAGO -- The Captain did not mince words after he botched a potential double-play ball in the bottom of the ninth, capping a frustrating game in which the Mets squandered chance after chance at the plate.
"We gave this away," David Wright said after a walk-off 2-1 loss to the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night at Wrigley Field. "Obviously not being able to get that lead runner in the ninth. And then we had numerous chances to what felt like kind of put that team away. We couldn't do it. Any time you get that many runners in scoring position and you only come away with one [run], that kind of gets the momentum back on their side."

The Mets are last in the double-play component of the Defensive Runs Saved statistic by a wide margin, ESPN Stats & Information's Mark Simon noted.

"It just bounced a little more than I thought and it got me in the heel, so I couldn't field it cleanly," Wright said. "It was just one of those ones where you're thinking two right off the bat. ... I'm not sure if we get both outs, but we definitely get the out at second. I wish I could have caught it cleanly."

Scott Rice surrendered a leadoff single to Anthony Rizzo. Starlin Castro then sent a potential double-play grounder to third base. Wright could not handle it cleanly and had to settle for the out at first base. With Rizzo on second, Luis Valbuena struck out. Nate Schierholtz then delivered a two-out, walk-off RBI single to right field.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!!!!

CHICAGO -- The Mets have summoned Andrew Brown from Triple-A Las Vegas in order to restore the bench to its customary five players.

He will travel to Chicago on Wednesday, but will not be activated until Thursday's series finale. The Mets will play with an extra bullpen arm for one more game.

Brown went 2-for-2 off the bench in Tuesday's 6-5 Pacific Coast League loss to Reno. That raised his average to .359 with 13 homers and 31 RBIs in 142 Triple-A at-bats this season.

Brown opened the season with the Mets. He was demoted April 21 when the Mets added Bobby Abreu. Brown hit .185 with one homer and five RBIs in the 27 early season at-bats in the majors

:clap: :clap2::clap: :clap2: :clap:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets either need one of their lackluster bats to step up or they need to acquire a serious bat. Chris Young is on a 1 year deal, next year if they are serious about contending they need a world class hitter in the outfield. It is unacceptable to lose lastnight's game.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3