• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mets Are Worth $2Billion

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets are worth $2.05 billion, which includes it’s 65 percent stake in SNY, according to a new report (Bloomberg).
The total value of the team makes it the fourth most valuable organization after the Yankees ($3.28 billion), Dodgers ($2.1 billion) and Red Sox ($2.06 billion).

Metsblog | Latest News, Rumors and Opinion about the Mets

Fourth highest and yet the cheapest owners in baseball, solid.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, the Wilpons are not cheap. They may be complete jackasses that don't know how to run a team but they have handed out some insane contracts in the past. We just rid ourselves of the Jason Bay contract that was what $17 million per for 4 years? Johan had a monster contract. We got Beltran for a max contract when he was the hottest free agent in baseball. Idiots, yes. Cheap, nah.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, the Wilpons are not cheap. They may be complete jackasses that don't know how to run a team but they have handed out some insane contracts in the past. We just rid ourselves of the Jason Bay contract that was what $17 million per for 4 years? Johan had a monster contract. We got Beltran for a max contract when he was the hottest free agent in baseball. Idiots, yes. Cheap, nah.

Lately they have been on the cheaper side. I just want them to start spending and making this team better.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they were cheap because they got robbed blind (idiots). Now their finances appear to be in order so they should be able to spend, again tons of money coming off the books. If nothing else we can match our payroll from last year and still field a exponentially more competitive team.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with that 40million off the books, they said they're still looking to bring payroll down this year. So not expecting them to make the moves we need to make thisteam better.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with that 40million off the books, they said they're still looking to bring payroll down this year. So not expecting them to make the moves we need to make thisteam better.

Where did you see they're bringing payroll down? I read earlier in the year they planned on having a payroll between $80-100 million next season. Considering they were around $80 million last year and have Bay, Johan and Frank Francisco all coming off the books I'd say they're in line to spend a decent amount this winter.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read they wanted a payroll about where they had it last year. I agree for the most part they arent cheap but like where they invest their personal money they have no idea how to invest their baseball money. How did these guys get rich again?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you see they're bringing payroll down? I read earlier in the year they planned on having a payroll between $80-100 million next season. Considering they were around $80 million last year and have Bay, Johan and Frank Francisco all coming off the books I'd say they're in line to spend a decent amount this winter.

It was reported weeks ago that they still plan to bring it down below 80million. I hope it's wrong and they do actually spend.