• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Gordon appreciation thread

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in the US Army in 72. Otherwise, I was an air-conditioned gypsy.
GIF by The Who

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
timing is weird IMO... so, you have this wonderkid Williams, but you want to save him for later, so you split carries with melvin Gordon, and Williams never gets comfortable and gets hurt(not saying his injury was because of coaching- just kind of inferring it)...

then here comes Mike boone... he looks decent... but coaching doesnt have confidence in him, so lets ride Melvin until he croaks... even if he sucks...
Mike boone goes down...

Lets sign Lat Murray... Because he is a veteran runner... Hey melvin, you now have competition... but lets still keep status quo...

lets trade for Chase edmonds- he is a receiver... so we dont need to use Melvin as a receiver any more... and with murray being a bowing ball, we just dont have any use for Gordon... because he sucks...

But hey, he always sucked this season, and now we as a team suck and will not make the playoffs... Lets make Gordon the scapegoat and get rid of him now... even though we the coaching staff kept him over better options... and got those better options injured because they didnt get enough game touches...
Not sure I agree that using someone less increases their risk of injury. Math doesn't add up.

HOWEVER

I would definitely infer that our camps and training staff created the conditions for injuries throughout the season just based on injury observations.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Grateful Dead in Santa Barbara in 75 - was stopped by the cops and searched because we were in a yellow van - which was the mode of conveyance for fugitive Patty Hearst. The Grateful Dead was the only concert I've been to where no one ended up in the stadium concert seat they started in.

I saw the Rolling Stones in RFK stadium in Washington DC in 72 - I think that was the best concert experience I ever had.
How much acid did you drop?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rooted hard for MG. In the last, though, it irritated me that when he stuck his nose into contact he was so careless with ball security.

I wanted to see this from him. 1669237224244.png

Never happened and he got what he deserved.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting about Hackett keeping his job. We're so quick to call for heads to roll (the line starts behind me), but we rarely stop to think how this affects his health, the health (and welfare in a football state like Colorado) of his family, or what being unemployed means to his kids. Much less uprooting them to follow their father's dreams. Hackett could stop working and be fine with his payout. But his kids live with it too.

Speaking as a military brat I knew friendships could be short lived, or I'd have to move across the country every few years. I never worried about moving from my dad losing his job, or had the scrutiny of going to school the Monday(s) after a terrible loss.

So this Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for all of you and the friendships we've made. Im thankful for the memories of those we've lost like SSJ, Furby, and others. Im thankful that we don't live under the scrutiny Hackett and his family deal with, much less guys who truly seem to care like Melvin, Chubb, and others no longer in Denver.

I'm thankful for the health of my family, friends, and being able to state my opinions freely because of the efforts of those like my father, Mingo, and many others. Even when my opinions, though asinine or volatile, are 100% correct. :D

Happy Thanksgiving all.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting about Hackett keeping his job. We're so quick to call for heads to roll (the line starts behind me), but we rarely stop to think how this affects his health, the health (and welfare in a football state like Colorado) of his family, or what being unemployed means to his kids. Much less uprooting them to follow their father's dreams. Hackett could stop working and be fine with his payout. But his kids live with it too.

Speaking as a military brat I knew friendships could be short lived, or I'd have to move across the country every few years. I never worried about moving from my dad losing his job, or had the scrutiny of going to school the Monday(s) after a terrible loss.

So this Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for all of you and the friendships we've made. Im thankful for the memories of those we've lost like SSJ, Furby, and others. Im thankful that we don't live under the scrutiny Hackett and his family deal with, much less guys who truly seem to care like Melvin, Chubb, and others no longer in Denver.

I'm thankful for the health of my family, friends, and being able to state my opinions freely because of the efforts of those like my father, Mingo, and many others. Even when my opinions, though asinine or volatile, are 100% correct. :D

Happy Thanksgiving all.
Great post.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my abused brethren.

Reactions: LGM

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melvin now a member of the ……
Come Here Lets Go GIF by DICK'S Sporting Goods