• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Gordon appreciation thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really enjoyed Gordon as a Bronco... Until this year... He was a disaster this year.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon to me was a lot like Jamaal Charles, when he was good, he was damn good, but when he fumbled, there was no one you hated more.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon to me was a lot like Jamaal Charles, when he was good, he was damn good, but when he fumbled, there was no one you hated more.

Good comparison. I don't wish bad on Melvin like so many fans have given him but at 3-7 and a struggling RB who wasn't going to be re-signed next year. Probably a scapegoat for not firing Hackett today like we should have.

You know it is bad when we cut Melvin given Javonte is on IR. Chase Edmonds just rolled his ankle and the other RB we have on the active roster is injury prone.

Latavius Murray!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Edmonds out 2-6 weeks with a high ankle sprain. Maybe Mike Boone is coming back? Or we just roll with Mack and Ozigbo.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to rob another teams PS.

I don’t hate Melvin, but right now it feels great to unload some of the steaming load.

Amazon Broncos GIF by NFL On Prime Video

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Gordon would have gotten a salute from me. but this year he gets a wave with my back turn away.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time there was some accountability. Dude had the butteriest of butterfingers.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw them in concert at Anaheim Stadium in 73 or 74. Great show - no fumbles. It was during their bust-up Guitars and drums encore period.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw them in concert at Anaheim Stadium in 73 or 74. Great show - no fumbles. It was during their bust-up Guitars and drums encore period.
Jealous. Ever see the Dead or get a miracle?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jealous. Ever see the Dead or get a miracle?
I saw the Grateful Dead in Santa Barbara in 75 - was stopped by the cops and searched because we were in a yellow van - which was the mode of conveyance for fugitive Patty Hearst. The Grateful Dead was the only concert I've been to where no one ended up in the stadium concert seat they started in.

I saw the Rolling Stones in RFK stadium in Washington DC in 72 - I think that was the best concert experience I ever had.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Grateful Dead in Santa Barbara in 75 - was stopped by the cops and searched because we were in a yellow van - which was the mode of conveyance for fugitive Patty Hearst. The Grateful Dead was the only concert I've been to where no one ended up in the stadium concert seat they started in.

I saw the Rolling Stones in RFK stadium in Washington DC in 72 - I think that was the best concert experience I ever had.

What was the reason for the eclectic mix of venues?

grateful dead GIF
grateful dead turtles GIF
grateful dead jerry GIF
maze blackhead GIF
Grateful Dead Deadhead GIF by crossfitsoulmiami

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
timing is weird IMO... so, you have this wonderkid Williams, but you want to save him for later, so you split carries with melvin Gordon, and Williams never gets comfortable and gets hurt(not saying his injury was because of coaching- just kind of inferring it)...

then here comes Mike boone... he looks decent... but coaching doesnt have confidence in him, so lets ride Melvin until he croaks... even if he sucks...
Mike boone goes down...

Lets sign Lat Murray... Because he is a veteran runner... Hey melvin, you now have competition... but lets still keep status quo...

lets trade for Chase edmonds- he is a receiver... so we dont need to use Melvin as a receiver any more... and with murray being a bowing ball, we just dont have any use for Gordon... because he sucks...

But hey, he always sucked this season, and now we as a team suck and will not make the playoffs... Lets make Gordon the scapegoat and get rid of him now... even though we the coaching staff kept him over better options... and got those better options injured because they didnt get enough game touches...

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
timing is weird IMO... so, you have this wonderkid Williams, but you want to save him for later, so you split carries with melvin Gordon, and Williams never gets comfortable and gets hurt(not saying his injury was because of coaching- just kind of inferring it)...

then here comes Mike boone... he looks decent... but coaching doesnt have confidence in him, so lets ride Melvin until he croaks... even if he sucks...
Mike boone goes down...

Lets sign Lat Murray... Because he is a veteran runner... Hey melvin, you now have competition... but lets still keep status quo...

lets trade for Chase edmonds- he is a receiver... so we dont need to use Melvin as a receiver any more... and with murray being a bowing ball, we just dont have any use for Gordon... because he sucks...

But hey, he always sucked this season, and now we as a team suck and will not make the playoffs... Lets make Gordon the scapegoat and get rid of him now... even though we the coaching staff kept him over better options... and got those better options injured because they didnt get enough game touches...
Third and goal from the 2. Handoff (and subsequent fumble) to Gordon. Over and over again.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.