• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Simmons appreciation thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save 14.5 m in cap space.

Payton wants to do things his way this year...

Maybe he goes after my guy, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big big changes are coming and the Broncos we know no longer exist. I wouldn’t be shocked to see a lot of veterans get cut and 2024 is the worst year we’ve had in a while.

But Simmons would get a giant hug from me and I’d babysit his kids on the weekend for free.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2024 is the worst year we have had in awhile? The last 7 years have been brutal. How much worse are you expecting us to get?

I don't think we will see a "ton" of vets cut but we do need to shed money and Sean Payton is ready to do things his way. This will be a tough one on the fanbase and Payton will get a lot of hate for it but I still trust him unlike when McDaniels came in here and changed things around.

As good as Simmons is and a great leader we can't keep sitting still afraid to make moves to make our team better in the long run. We have been doing this for 7 years and it aint working... It sucks either way you look at it.

This is large in part because of the Russell Wilson contract. It all is downhill contract wise from that.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2024 is the worst year we have had in awhile? The last 7 years have been brutal. How much worse are you expecting us to get?

I don't think we will see a "ton" of vets cut but we do need to shed money and Sean Payton is ready to do things his way. This will be a tough one on the fanbase and Payton will get a lot of hate for it but I still trust him unlike when McDaniels came in here and changed things around.
I was saying more along the lines of good players are gonna get cut and a lot of moves people aren't going to like.

The team itself will probably be around the same quality it’s been the last 7 years but without those tried and true players we know and love.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tons of appreciation for Simmons. Great player and class guy to the max. Sad to see him go. Lots of good safety's on the market though which maybe pushed Payton to make the move. Funny that most teams are cutting good safteys and the Patriots are still tagging them.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying more along the lines of good players are gonna get cut and a lot of moves people aren't going to like.

The team itself will probably be around the same quality it’s been the last 7 years but without those tried and true players we know and love.

Yeah. I know what you meant. I just want to say at this point, nothing has really gone our way the last 7 years. I am almost numb to being bad and good things happening to the Chiefs. Honestly, not real excited about this offseason but once it hits and we make some moves I can add some excitement.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tons of appreciation for Simmons. Great player and class guy to the max. Sad to see him go. Lots of good safety's on the market though which maybe pushed Payton to make the move. Funny that most teams are cutting good safteys and the Patriots are still tagging them.

S's are the RB's of defense contract wise.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my all time favorite Bronco plays

Justin Simmons, Broncos legend in my book ... Will Lutz ( "rookie kicker" ) Sean Payton, welcome to Denver

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Luck Justin but, this move had to be made. As bad as we are I think alot of guys will move on now. As critical as I am with FO of late cleaning house was my step one. We need to get younger and cheaper and build this team right.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Luck Justin but, this move had to be made. As bad as we are I think alot of guys will move on now. As critical as I am with FO of late cleaning house was my step one. We need to get younger and cheaper and build this team right.
He was 30? Hardly old. And plenty of other ways to get better or create cap space than remove the leader of the defense and one of the best safeties in the NFL.
Oh BTW, led the team in interceptions.

If this is a Payton move, and I'm betting it is, he's on my hot seat now. You dont rip the heart out of a defense with already suspect depth and coaching and expect to get better.

If its a cap move you now have to find depth in a limited pick draft, when you already need help on a ridiculously anemic offense.

Stupid move. Id shake Simmons hand, tell him he belongs up there next to Atwater and Smith, then slap the bitch out of Payton.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 30? Hardly old. And plenty of other ways to get better or create cap space than remove the leader of the defense and one of the best safeties in the NFL.

If this is a Payton move, and I'm betting it is, he's on my hot seat now. You dont rip the heart out of a defense with already suspect depth and coaching and expect to get better.

If its a cap move you now have to find depth in a limited pick draft, when you already need help on a ridiculously anemic offense.

Stupid move. Id shake Simmons hand, tell him he belongs up there next to Atwater and Smith, then slap the bitch out of Payton.

^^^^THIS

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think last season was Simmon's best season - I'm waiting for other stuff to unfold, but I lean toward your sentiment here. I'm guessing the Broncos might have offered a renegotiation, but Simmons didn't like the terms.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little confused as to why the Broncos didn't trade Simmons and get something in return ..

Would the cap relief been the same had he been traded ??

Perhaps the Broncos wanted Simmons to be able to choose his next team ?? ( unlikely, I think )

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little confused as to why the Broncos didn't trade Simmons and get something in return ..

Would the cap relief been the same had he been traded ??

Perhaps the Broncos wanted Simmons to be able to choose his next team ?? ( unlikely, I think )
A little more cap relief, but nobody will give up anything for a 30 ish safety on the last year of a contract.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little more cap relief, but nobody will give up anything for a 30 ish safety on the last year of a contract.
Agreed - Simmons compensation with the Broncos outgrew his market value - i.e. - no one else in the league will pay him $14 million a year.

• Bullseye
Reactions: LGM

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As good as Simmons is and a great leader we can't keep sitting still afraid to make moves to make our team better in the long run. We have been doing this for 7 years and it aint working... It sucks either way you look at it.

This is large in part because of the Russell Wilson contract. It all is downhill contract wise from that.

Wouldn’t this make sense to be the year to take a flier on a rehab qb like Wilson or mac Jones?