• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melker karrlsson

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think this kid is going to be a 25-30 goal guy down the road

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think this kid is going to be a 25-30 goal guy down the road

LMAO say whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?? This guy only has like 35 goals TOTAL in 8 years in the Swedish Elite League... No way in hell he ever his 15-20 mark. Hes also 25 and isnt exactly a "kid"

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd be thrilled if he just becomes a consistent 15 goal 2nd/3rd line tweener.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im with Cmon. If he even keeps on as a top 9 forward of any sort, that would be a great find. He wasnt really on anyone's radar prior to the summer, so getting a top 9 forward for 'free' for be real nice. This doubly true given the clear aging of the big two (one has 3 goals in over 30 games, the other got hurt for the first time in several years, as older players are prone to do), not to mention the regression of Hertl.

To stay competitive, the sharks had to get some other guys stepping it up. Karlsson has been one of those guys for sure as has Wingels, Pickles and Pavs among others.

The bright spot is that if the sharks can win some games without Jumbo and with an absentee Marleau, Imagine what they could do with a few very good top 6 forwards or top 4 D that they could get in trade for those guys. Seems clear to me that they are ready to go and that the sharks can still compete for a playoff spot with them.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Toronto, Boston, Ottawa, Philly, NJ, and even small market teams like Florida and Columbus seem to be possible destinations. Particularly toronto and Boston have very high expectations to make the playoffs and both are on the bubble. You gotta think they are looking to shake up their rosters while adding a key piece that can help them make it into the postseason.

If they are willing to waive the NTC's and dougie is able to wheel and deal well, he could land a very nice package likely with a top 6 young forward, a top 4 defenseman and a top pick for jumbo or patty. Something like Kadri+Franson+1st rounder from toronto for patty. I know it's not likely, but given the team's ability to overcome Jumbo and Patty's disappearence, it only sends a signal that moving them could allow the sharks to compete in the long term while not falling off too too much in the short term.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would add Tennyson as one of the guys stepping up as well. For a guy who was struggling at both ends in the AHL his play with the big club as been pretty good. It's a small sample size but if he continues to play at this level that's a huge boost to the 3rd pairing. The Sharks just need to find someone for the left side on that pairing or hope Mueller starts playing to his abilities. If they can do that the defense will be set for a long time to come.

I don't see either Marleau or Thornton waiving anytime during this season. And I certainly don't see either of them being willing to go to the shit show that is Toronto. If they move I see it being more of an offseason thing. Yzerman is a huge fan of Marleau and he'd make a lot of sense on that Tampa team. As far as Thornton goes look for competitive teams in need of a scoring line center. Detroit, Nashville, maybe St. Louis come to mind off hand.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marleau & Thornton to Tampa for Tyler Johnson & a pick...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
None of you guys thought Wingels could be a 20 goal guy either. The elite league is not known for high scoring so his stats there Are fairly irrelevant

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
None of you guys thought Wingels could be a 20 goal guy either. The elite league is not known for high scoring so his stats there Are fairly irrelevant

can't argue with this. I figured wingels to be Torrey Mitchell v. 2.0. I have been extremely pleasantly surprised by his steady improvement every year. He;s really emerged beautifully.

I also agree about the SEL. Its a different form of hockey, but he also wasnt exactly lighting it up in the A either. 5G, 10 pts in 20 games is hardly scary. His NHL game has been head and shoulders higher. I think alot of credit also has to go to Shep, but I dont expect Karlsson to keep up remotely the pace that he has. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see him evaporate, but if he can stay a top 9 forward, it would be a steal.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
can't argue with this. I figured wingels to be Torrey Mitchell v. 2.0. I have been extremely pleasantly surprised by his steady improvement every year. He;s really emerged beautifully.

I also agree about the SEL. Its a different form of hockey, but he also wasnt exactly lighting it up in the A either. 5G, 10 pts in 20 games is hardly scary. His NHL game has been head and shoulders higher. I think alot of credit also has to go to Shep, but I dont expect Karlsson to keep up remotely the pace that he has. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see him evaporate, but if he can stay a top 9 forward, it would be a steal.

The thing about the SEL is it the closet league in Europe that plays a similar style to the North American game, also most Swedish players come over later and tend to have a more complete game, I'm sure his "A" numbers reflect that being that Sommner is good at ruining players lol

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's really hard to gauge the Sommer effect on players. Usually when good players head to Worcester they will start off really well and then after a few weeks with Sommer their play completely dies off. He's good at teaching fundamentals which is probably why he's kept his job so long but he is terrible, and I mean terrible, when it comes to getting his players to execute offensive and defensive schemes.

Something else to consider about Karlsson is this is his first year on NA ice. That may have a little to do with his low production in Worcester.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

None of us?