• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a fun draft.. think it will be a very competetive season

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a totally irrelevant note, I really wish Beanie Wells was playing somewhere.

Having Beanie and Cecil on my team is something that I would not be able to resist. :rollseyes:

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some how this year i managed to avoid matthews.. maybe to my detriment but every year i get him every eyar i hope.. and every year he fails me.. so this year i dont pick him and watch he will get the best year for him.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some how this year i managed to avoid matthews.. maybe to my detriment but every year i get him every eyar i hope.. and every year he fails me.. so this year i dont pick him and watch he will get the best year for him.

I hope you're right! :nod:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been suggested that people should be able to trade with the Drone team. I propose the following rule change (which requires unanimous B-League approval, as any post-draft rule should):

The Drone has a separate trading deadline of September 18. To trade with the Drone, you propose the trade on the board. If 6 of the 10 other owners post that they approve the trade, the Drone must accept it. If, before there are 6 approvals, any games are played involving the affected players, or any injuries occur, then the count resets to zero. Approval is based solely on whether you think a trade is of reasonably equal value and leaves the drone with at least a slightly more balanced and effective team; approval shouldn't be withheld for purely strategic reasons. Lobbying for or against a trade with the Drone will get you a stern look. Just propose, and approve, or not.​

(The reason for the early deadline is that the Drone can't protect its own interests. if the Drone turns out to be a 5-1 juggernaut, there's a strong incentive for the whole league to back a bad trade with an 0-6 team.)

So up or down vote on the rule (before anybody proposes any trades). Gotta be unanimous for the rule to go into effect.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming my post in the other thread doesn't count, I vote yes.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, ok with me.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i propose that Wil of everything football actually runs the Drone team if Wil has time..

why not show yourself in both leagues until the Drone is actually replaced....

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no, Drone is Drone. How else will we know if we're better than the "experts?"

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Wil was a football drone(in the terminator sense) anyway. You might as well just run it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no, Drone is Drone. How else will we know if we're better than the "experts?"

If that is the intent wouldn't allowing trades decided by the league be counterproductive?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been suggested that people should be able to trade with the Drone team. I propose the following rule change (which requires unanimous B-League approval, as any post-draft rule should):
The Drone has a separate trading deadline of September 18. To trade with the Drone, you propose the trade on the board. If 6 of the 10 other owners post that they approve the trade, the Drone must accept it. If, before there are 6 approvals, any games are played involving the affected players, or any injuries occur, then the count resets to zero. Approval is based solely on whether you think a trade is of reasonably equal value and leaves the drone with at least a slightly more balanced and effective team; approval shouldn't be withheld for purely strategic reasons. Lobbying for or against a trade with the Drone will get you a stern look. Just propose, and approve, or not.​
(The reason for the early deadline is that the Drone can't protect its own interests. if the Drone turns out to be a 5-1 juggernaut, there's a strong incentive for the whole league to back a bad trade with an 0-6 team.)

So up or down vote on the rule (before anybody proposes any trades). Gotta be unanimous for the rule to go into effect.

I'm good with this rule.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team in the B league.
QB: Tom Brady
RB: Matt Forte
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: James Jones
TE: Vernon Davis
Flex Montee Ball
D/ST 49ers
K: Steve Hauschka
Bench: Ben Roethlsberger
Bench: Golden Tate
Bench: Micheal Floyd
Bench: Kendal Wright
Bench: Robert Turbin

Not thrilled with my starting receivers and may shuffle that around. Also my starting running backs both have the same bye week and I do not have two starters to replace them both, so that's not good.

Looking at other teams, it strikes me that there is a lot of parity in this league.

Trying to follow this thread I some times find it confusing since some members are in two leagues.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing someone lol.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing someone lol.

I think he forgot to include Foster. For his sake, I hope it's not ominous foreshadowing.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team in the B league.
QB: Tom Brady
RB: Matt Forte
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: James Jones
TE: Vernon Davis
Flex Montee Ball
D/ST 49ers
K: Steve Hauschka
Bench: Ben Roethlsberger
Bench: Golden Tate
Bench: Micheal Floyd
Bench: Kendal Wright
Bench: Robert Turbin

Not thrilled with my starting receivers and may shuffle that around. Also my starting running backs both have the same bye week and I do not have two starters to replace them both, so that's not good.

Looking at other teams, it strikes me that there is a lot of parity in this league.

Trying to follow this thread I some times find it confusing since some members are in two leagues.

I'm willing to look at a trade with you if you're interested.