• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayweather v. Maidana

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got give credit to Floyd he fought that bot toe to toe and was out weighed by 18 pounds.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks ...In boxing you have to beat the champ to a pulp to get the decision. It's just the way it works.

It's like what happens to the strike zone on a 3 and 0 count. There is a built in advantage.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, what? Floyd won fairly easily. There's no way anybody could have give Maidana more than 1 round between 6 and 11. I thought they were all one-sided for Floyd. Marcos won 1 and 5. 2, 3, 4, and 12 were tossups.

I gave Floyd 2 and 4. That makes it 116-112 Mayweather. I could see a draw if you favored raw power over accuracy in the close rounds (and again, this would require giving Marcos EVERY close round), but I really thought 6-11 were all standard Money rounds. Indeed, all three judges gave Money 5 of those 6 rounds. And Floyd won on two+ of the three cards for 9 of the 12 rounds (lost 1, 5, and 12). Every major press outlet (AP, ESPN, CBS, Yahoo, NYT, etc.) I've seen has scored it for Floyd.

When you hit at an efficiency rate that's twice your opponent with as many power shots and much defense, you're gonna get the nod. Anything else would have been a robbery.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, what? Floyd won fairly easily. There's no way anybody could have give Maidana more than 1 round between 6 and 11. I thought they were all one-sided for Floyd. Marcos won 1 and 5. 2, 3, 4, and 12 were tossups.

I gave Floyd 2 and 4. That makes it 116-112 Mayweather. I could see a draw if you favored raw power over accuracy in the close rounds (and again, this would require giving Marcos EVERY close round), but I really thought 6-11 were all standard Money rounds. Indeed, all three judges gave Money 5 of those 6 rounds. And Floyd won on two+ of the three cards for 9 of the 12 rounds (lost 1, 5, and 12). Every major press outlet (AP, ESPN, CBS, Yahoo, NYT, etc.) I've seen has scored it for Floyd.

When you hit at an efficiency rate that's twice your opponent with as many power shots and much defense, you're gonna get the nod. Anything else would have been a robbery.

You do realize if you gave Marcos one round between 6 & 11 and all of those tossups round that you said were tossups that he win the fight 115-113 right?

As Kellerman said, Pacman look better against Bradley than Floyd looked last night

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks ...In boxing you have to beat the champ to a pulp to get the decision. It's just the way it works.

It's like what happens to the strike zone on a 3 and 0 count. There is a built in advantage.

I agree which is why I said the only way for Floyd to ever lose is if he is knocked out

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge Mayweather fan but I feel like a lose is coming. He's getting older and I feel like someone will finally beat him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well there's only 2 matches left in his career

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize if you gave Marcos one round between 6 & 11 and all of those tossups round that you said were tossups that he win the fight 115-113 right?

As Kellerman said, Pacman look better against Bradley than Floyd looked last night

Marcos didn't win any rounds between 6 & 11 on my card. I think it's preposterous that all the judges gave Maidana a round somewhere there, and the lunacy of it was evident by the fact none of them could agree which round it was.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had it a draw. Maidana won 5 of the first 6 rounds and he won round 8. I gave Mayweather the benefit of the doubt on a lot of the close rounds because that's what I figured the judges would do.

What if Maidana got to use the gloves he wanted to use instead of the ones Mayweather forced him to use? If they have a rematch, I hope Maidana's allowed to wear his usual gloves.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge Mayweather fan but I feel like a lose is coming. He's getting older and I feel like someone will finally beat him.

My guess it's either Pac-Man, Canelo or Ruslan..

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess it's either Pac-Man, Canelo or Ruslan..

Wow did you see the Canelo fight it was a clinic.....No way. Canelo doesen't have the tools to beat Mayweather. I think the only fighter who has a legitimate shot at beating Mayweather is Garcia I would love to see him fight Matthysse. Maybe they meet at 147. IMO no way Maddina won that fight at best it was a draw. As far as the gloves go There was an official from the Atlantic Boxing Commission that said the gloves were a no go what else do you want? TMT have proven to be a shrewd business machine in no way are they ever going to enter any fight at a disadvantage. Not in uniform apparel/gloves nor on the facial end.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure that rule still applies in boxing anymore. In recent fight's we've seen this historically correct trend kind of debunked; most notably in the 1st fight between Pacman and the Bradley fight. No way in a million years did Bradley win that fight.:gaah: I'm not even a Pac fan but lets be real gesh.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow did you see the Canelo fight it was a clinic.....No way. Canelo doesen't have the tools to beat Mayweather. I think the only fighter who has a legitimate shot at beating Mayweather is Garcia I would love to see him fight Matthysse. Maybe they meet at 147. IMO no way Maddina won that fight at best it was a draw. As far as the gloves go There was an official from the Atlantic Boxing Commission that said the gloves were a no go what else do you want? TMT have proven to be a shrewd business machine in no way are they ever going to enter any fight at a disadvantage. Not in uniform apparel/gloves nor on the facial end.

Why would the Atlantic Boxing Commission care? The Nevada State Athletic Commission approved a pair of MX gloves that Maidana wanted to use, but Mayweather continued to object. NSAC earlier rejected a pair of MX gloves, but a second set brought by the Maidana team were approved. Unfortunately, Floyd refused to fight with approved gloves.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/the-money-team-complains-about-maidana-s-gloves--but-nac-rules-one-pair-ok-for-the-fight-034750847.html

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow did you see the Canelo fight it was a clinic.....No way. Canelo doesen't have the tools to beat Mayweather. I think the only fighter who has a legitimate shot at beating Mayweather is Garcia I would love to see him fight Matthysse.

Garcia has no shot at beating Floyd.. I stated that Canelo could evolve and eventually beat Mayweather due to his age.. Ruslan has the ability as well due to his knock out potential..

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia has no shot at beating Floyd.. I stated that Canelo could evolve and eventually beat Mayweather due to his age.. Ruslan has the ability as well due to his knock out potential..

Well at that point Mayweather would be 45 or 50 then whats the point of taking that fight. Then he's asking to be beaten.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Atlantic Boxing Commission care? The Nevada State Athletic Commission approved a pair of MX gloves that Maidana wanted to use, but Mayweather continued to object. NSAC earlier rejected a pair of MX gloves, but a second set brought by the Maidana team were approved. Unfortunately, Floyd refused to fight with approved gloves.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxin...ules-one-pair-ok-for-the-fight-034750847.html

Okay maybe that's fair, but devils advocate they fought with the same gloves so neither fighter was at a disadvantage....wait a minute he out weighed Mayweather by close to 20 pounds, think it was an eighteen pound difference. I think it would be easier for you to say I just don't like Mayweather so I'm going to put anything he' does or omits to do under a find tooth come and over analyze it to discredit him. They fault mano a mano what more do we want ? :puzzled:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the issue with the gloves? Mayweather always has to needle his opponents with this nonsense. Pac with his "drug use" (which was so true that Floyd, who has plenty of money to pay a legal team, wants to settle the defamation suit that came after) and now using his leverage to force a pair of approved gloves off his opponent? This is why he'll always be the least respected elite fighter of all time.

Floyd v Maidana again? No thanks. Floyd says he'd do it if "that's what the fans want." Really? If you actually care about that, Floyd, it's pretty clear what the fans want. Your next match would be Pacman.