• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Mavs @ Warriors

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loving the highlight of Iguodala's block-run the floor-monster rebound jam on the other end.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 turnovers tonight, which is high, but it shows how focusing on one stat can be misleading.

It's fun to watch this team again, kind of how it was before Iguodala and O'Neal were out.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good win that gave the starters some time off tonight. This team is now a legit 11 deep, so they should be relatively fresh come playoff time.

Off to LA to put a little beat down on the Clips.

I'd say 9.5 deep. Speights isn't legit and Crawford only half so.

Still, 9.5 deep is plenty.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win tomorrow over the clips and Portland loss against the spurs. brings us 3 games within the 3rd seed and half a game behind for 5th seed!

Unlikely. Not on their court. Of course, I won't be at Staples this time to jinx them as I was on Halloween.

Still, they got a shot because of the blowout tonight it won't be a usual back-to-back.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say 9.5 deep. Speights isn't legit and Crawford only half so.

Still, 9.5 deep is plenty.

I have to disagree on Crawford, with Blake there he's is now exactly what you need him to be, instant offense off the bench at the 2 vs the other team's bench.

You're right about Speights though. I'd say 10 deep.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlikely. Not on their court. Of course, I won't be at Staples this time to jinx them as I was on Halloween.

Still, they got a shot because of the blowout tonight it won't be a usual back-to-back.

I guess we should just give then no use of playing..

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the Suns grab a spot. They are perhaps the best story in the NBA this year.

Me too. I've been to both Warrior games down in Phoenix and that dude Dragic is really something. He's a quicker, better-shooting version of Manu Ginobili.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree on Crawford, with Blake there he's is now exactly what you need him to be, instant offense off the bench at the 2 vs the other team's bench.

Speights has substantially upped his game from early in the season. If Jackson needs to go to him, I think that he has enough confidence in Speights to do so rather than shrinking the rotation.

Anyway, whether 10 or 11 deep, that allows for far more energy on a per player basis at the defensive end. Because of that, I'm starting to become bullish on their chances of advancing deep into the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speights has substantially upped his game from early in the season. If Jackson needs to go to him, I think that he has enough confidence in Speights to do so rather than shrinking the rotation.
Anyway, whether 10 or 11 deep, that allows for far more energy on a per player basis at the defensive end. Because of that, I'm starting to become bullish on their chances of advancing deep into the playoffs.

Speights now fills the important role of bench cheerleader that Bazemore used to have.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? So once the playoffs begin you think Crawford will be part of a 10 man rotation?

I'd bet they go to 9 guys and he'll be the odd guy out.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? So once the playoffs begin you think Crawford will be part of a 10 man rotation?

I'd bet they go to 9 guys and he'll be the odd guy out.

I think Crawford will easily be part of the 10 man rotation. There is a catch however:

Crawford is a very streaky player. Jackson will give him an opportunity each game to try to see if he can provide any sort of spark off the bench. Especially when play halts to a grind in the playoffs, Crawford is really the only player on our team who can create his own offense. He's quick off the dribble, he creates separation, he's good at driving to the rim and he's also a very good freethrow shooter.

You have to live with his ill-advised shots sometimes. He'll definitely be a part of the rotation. At least for the first half of games.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crawford will easily be part of the 10 man rotation. There is a catch however:

Crawford is a very streaky player. Jackson will give him an opportunity each game to try to see if he can provide any sort of spark off the bench. Especially when play halts to a grind in the playoffs, Crawford is really the only player on our team who can create his own offense. He's quick off the dribble, he creates separation, he's good at driving to the rim and he's also a very good freethrow shooter.

You have to live with his ill-advised shots sometimes. He'll definitely be a part of the rotation. At least for the first half of games.

Curry and Lee come to mind, as does Barnes.