• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Mavs @ Warriors

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crawford will easily be part of the 10 man rotation. There is a catch however:

Crawford is a very streaky player. Jackson will give him an opportunity each game to try to see if he can provide any sort of spark off the bench. Especially when play halts to a grind in the playoffs, Crawford is really the only player on our team who can create his own offense. He's quick off the dribble, he creates separation, he's good at driving to the rim and he's also a very good freethrow shooter.

You have to live with his ill-advised shots sometimes. He'll definitely be a part of the rotation. At least for the first half of games.

Huh? Curry can't create his own offense??

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After re-reading what I wrote, I understand it didn't come off exactly the way it sounded in my head. What I meant was Crawford is really the only guy you can simply clear a side for and let him try to just get a bucket. Curry usually needs a screen in order to create some separation. He has a good handle and is capable, but at the same time we've seen him get bottled up by bigger defenders. Lee is capable as well. Barnes at this point is not.

What I was trying to say is Crawford has a unique skill set that will allow Jackson to at least try him out to spark the team when the team is struggling. Last night we saw what happened with the second unit against the Clips. We'll need a guy who can create his own, when everyone else is off.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After re-reading what I wrote, I understand it didn't come off exactly the way it sounded in my head. What I meant was Crawford is really the only guy you can simply clear a side for and let him try to just get a bucket. Curry usually needs a screen in order to create some separation. He has a good handle and is capable, but at the same time we've seen him get bottled up by bigger defenders. Lee is capable as well. Barnes at this point is not.
What I was trying to say is Crawford has a unique skill set that will allow Jackson to at least try him out to spark the team when the team is struggling. Last night we saw what happened with the second unit against the Clips. We'll need a guy who can create his own, when everyone else is off.

We disagree. I love Barnes' quickness and explosiveness when going to the basket.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We disagree. I love Barnes' quickness and explosiveness when going to the basket.

I think Barnes' skill set makes him ideal to be a guy to create his own offense. I agree that he has quickness and explosiveness. Putting that into motion is a totally different scenario.

Barnes is not as aggressive as I would like him to be. Far too often he settles for outside shots, when he has a clear athletic advantage against his defender. He also is a bit predictable in his drives. He goes left 90% of the time. It's still only his second year, so I still have high hopes for him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Barnes' skill set makes him ideal to be a guy to create his own offense. I agree that he has quickness and explosiveness. Putting that into motion is a totally different scenario.

Barnes is not as aggressive as I would like him to be. Far too often he settles for outside shots, when he has a clear athletic advantage against his defender. He also is a bit predictable in his drives. He goes left 90% of the time. It's still only his second year, so I still have high hopes for him.

Agree. When his shot is falling it looks smooth but too often it is not. My thought on him is he does have the game to create his own shot though but I wonder if he's been told to defer to some of the other guys.

mylie10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the Suns grab a spot. They are perhaps the best story in the NBA this year.
Looks like they're in a slide now. And now Aldridge is hurt for Portland.

Hopefully Curry gets better quick. Was limping to much last night. He needs some time off.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they're in a slide now. And now Aldridge is hurt for Portland.

Hopefully Curry gets better quick. Was limping to much last night. He needs some time off.

Curry is so fragile, I'm surprised he's held up physically as well as he has this far