• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Ariaza

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Ariaza. Why is nobody picking this guy up? Punter-San Diego St., draft pick of the Bills. He is suing the women that accused him of that crime and he wasn't even there. Best punting prospect that I've ever seen.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Ariaza. Why is nobody picking this guy up? Punter-San Diego St., draft pick of the Bills. He is suing the women that accused him of that crime and he wasn't even there. Best punting prospect that I've ever seen.

Hi Matt :first:

just joking with you..

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams probably don’t want to deal with the headache even if he was found innocent. The stink is on him and the public‘s perception has already been made. Kind of like OJ.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Police had the accuser make a pretext phone call to Araiza wherein he admitted that they had sex, which he said was consensual, and said that he remained outside afterwards "for the rest of the party."

The girl was 17 at the time, he was 21 ..

The little I have seen of Araiza speak, he comes across to me as a typical, self immersed athlete, showing zero remorse for even being involved in what has become a disastrous incident for those involved ...

Perhaps he doesn't interview well ... and perhaps teams are waiting for this to blow over ...

I'd have a tough time rooting for him to be honest

I've got a low low tolerance for guys who don't respect women

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Police had the accuser make a pretext phone call to Araiza wherein he admitted that they had sex, which he said was consensual, and said that he remained outside afterwards "for the rest of the party."

The girl was 17 at the time, he was 21 ..

The little I have seen of Araiza speak, he comes across to me as a typical, self immersed athlete, showing zero remorse for even being involved in what has become a disastrous incident for those involved ...

Perhaps he doesn't interview well ... and perhaps teams are waiting for this to blow over ...

I'd have a tough time rooting for him to be honest

I've got a low low tolerance for guys who don't respect women
I'm not going to stand up and bang a drum for the guy or anything. I don't know him and haven't even followed this that closely.

But...

She was at a college party. She said she was in college. She was heard telling multiple people she was over 18. Araiza said he thought she was 18.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to stand up and bang a drum for the guy or anything. I don't know him and haven't even followed this that closely.

But...

She was at a college party. She said she was in college. She was heard telling multiple people she was over 18. Araiza said he thought she was 18.
Fair enough ... I just have such a low tolerance for this stuff, and I don't like the way Ariaza comes off in interviews - he's got no remorse and shows no emotion ...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams aren't willing to risk negative media attention over a Punter. Even though he was innocent you still have people out there that will criticize giving him another chance. I do think it will happen but I think it may happen next year and not this year.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while Araiza has been cleared of any possible crimes, he clearly used very poor judgement in how he decided to handle this situation.

apparently Bills management only first found out about this in July, several months after the draft.
of course it all blew up when a lawsuit was filed the day before the final preseason game.
He had already been named starter, and the other punter on the roster had been released earlier in the week.

if he had been upfront with the Bills about this, it's possible they would have stood by him when the allegations came out.
the way he handled it, he basically left them no choice but to cut him and move on.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while Araiza has been cleared of any possible crimes, he clearly used very poor judgement in how he decided to handle this situation.

apparently Bills management only first found out about this in July, several months after the draft.
of course it all blew up when a lawsuit was filed the day before the final preseason game.
He had already been named starter, and the other punter on the roster had been released earlier in the week.

if he had been upfront with the Bills about this, it's possible they would have stood by him when the allegations came out.
the way he handled it, he basically left them no choice but to cut him and move on.

I mean the guy is a heck of a punter but again. I just think the media attention/ possible distraction is just something a team doesn't want to deal with right now. I do think he will eventually sign and maybe his first start will be on a PS but I get it too. He's a Punter, a good one at that but is it worth the media attention? Since he was cleared it should be fine but we all know how the media runs with this stuff.