• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marvin to retire at the end of the season?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing to see here folks..... I totally believe the previous report (a few weeks ago), that Marvin is coaching long enough to get his son some experience in the profession (you can't teach Marvin Lewis clock management in only 3 seasons). The Brown family might be getting tired of the same old shit, but the biggest move they'll make is to let Marvin coach in a lame duck season. Given our schedule, and the way the NFL works, I fully expect the Bengals will go 9-7 or 10-6 and lose in the first round in the playoffs. This will give Marvin another 2 years.

It's best to just realize that he'll be here until he can get his son a job..... Unfortunately that means we'll have to wait until one of his buddies gets another head job. Someone like Mike Smith, Rex Ryan, or Jim Schwartz.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time we let Marvin coach in a lame-duck year, we were given that 2010 pile of crap team. At the time, I believe the 'lame-duck' thing was his idea..... He was coach of the year in 2009 and I think he thought he might qualify for a marquee position after 2010.

I'll never quite understand what Marvin sold Mikey on that offseason, but it worked for him.