• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

marshall to the Jets

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I don't pat attention to the talking heads either. That was for Leo who thinks they know way way more then any of us do.
Well that was stupid. I believe the contrary......just like you to be wrong again

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, crap, I go on vacation for a week and all hell brakes loose... Now everything has been said that needed to be said...

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Brandon wasn't gonna get better........maybe not a fast fall but he is gonna decline. With that said he was still a great player hopefully A.J. moves up and takes the next step and makes the kid better

Gonna get better as in................health wise?

As a bear,you know he was gonna have two more good years left in him...........As a jet?.............Not so much.
That offense is gonna kill him.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a bear,you know he was gonna have two more good years left in him...........As a jet?.............Not so much.

I cant see him getting killed more than he was here. He just took too many hits going up to get everything.

Side note, Andre Johnson given approval to seek Trade from Houston.

Last edited:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait...I'm just trying to wrap my head around your logic...
  1. Jay Cutler sucks- we should get rid of him... you've said that enough. Fine, your opinion.
  2. Marshall should not have been dealt...cause it would leave another hole to fill (true, agreed another hole) This is what you have said in the past week. Can't fault you. opinions and stuff.
But if you think #1 is true... then why would Marshall be good for two more years in Chicago (assuming Jay stays)
and If you think #2 is true... then why would he "not so much" have two good years left as a Jet?

Can you explain this please?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see him getting killed more than he was here. He just took too many hits going up to get everything.

Side note, Andre Johnson given approval to seek Trade from Houston.

I should have furthered my comment to "the jets are gonna kill his stats"..........my bad.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...I'm just trying to wrap my head around your logic...
  1. Jay Cutler sucks- we should get rid of him... you've said that enough. Fine, your opinion.
  2. Marshall should not have been dealt...cause it would leave another hole to fill (true, agreed another hole) This is what you have said in the past week. Can't fault you. opinions and stuff.
But if you think #1 is true... then why would Marshall be good for two more years in Chicago (assuming Jay stays)
and If you think #2 is true... then why would he "not so much" have two good years left as a Jet?

Can you explain this please?

He`d have atleast two good years left in him with the right qb..........Sheesh,as bad as I would like to see jay hoof it out of here,i`d rather have him than Geno or Michael.

They are the bottom of the barrel.........

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Andre Johnson has been cut........I wonder what the chances would be that we try and sign him.

Don`t know what salary he would commend,but he definetly could take BM`s place.
BM is the better wr and AJ is kinda on the down hill side,but he would defenitley take a double coverage off of Alshon I would think.
Then our no.1 pick would narrow it down a little more to a qb if one falls or definetley a d-lineman.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need to draft a QB in the first rd

I wouldn`t count on it.........if one of those two so happen to fall to 7,I think they`d be willing to pull the trigger.
Especially being they`ve been discussing his future since the coaches and front office has been put into place.
I`d tend to think if they thought Jay was a bright future,they`d came out and said it.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Now that Andre Johnson has been cut........I wonder what the chances would be that we try and sign him.

Don`t know what salary he would commend,but he definetly could take BM`s place.
BM is the better wr and AJ is kinda on the down hill side,but he would defenitley take a double coverage off of Alshon I would think.
Then our no.1 pick would narrow it down a little more to a qb if one falls or definetley a d-lineman.

He's 33. He makes no sense for the Bears except at a bargain basement price he won't take. And Johnson knows his window is closing, he wants a shot to win a Super Bowl now.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn`t count on it.........if one of those two so happen to fall to 7,I think they`d be willing to pull the trigger.
Especially being they`ve been discussing his future since the coaches and front office has been put into place.
I`d tend to think if they thought Jay was a bright future,they`d came out and said it.

That seems to be the general thought...but another perspective is: If you want the chance to explore getting out of the large contract. Regardless of what they thought of Jay personally, good or bad...I think it is/was smart to explore options as a new management group- Or doing exactly what they said they would do all along. Learning all they could. (this would include trade possibilities)

This idea that Fox/Pace didn't give him a "vote of confidence" isn't that big of a deal to me. *I'm curious what they say on the subject on Thursday- when it's official.
They DID hire former Jay supporters: Loggains, Pace.
They DID resign a non-threatening backup QB in Clausen- who IMO doesn't pose a threat to the starting position. (would be different if they signed a bridge QB like Sanchez, Hoyer, or got Foles, Cassel, Bradford- guys that are now known to have been on the trade block)
They are talking to a former WR in Eddie Royal who had his best season w/Jay as his QB.

Long and Slauson both had interviews/twitter statements backing Cutler this week. *I love Long's comments on twitter. He's awesome.

This all tells me they aren't going to draft a first round QB. (plus with all other needs) They might get a mid round project...and that would be okay by me, but Jay's here for now.