• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners vs Red Sox (June 23-25)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Maurer had some really impressive shit that inning. Almost can't believe that's the same guy.

He has impressive stuff, I think that is the type of role he needs to be in to begin his career. Much along the lines of a Brandon Morrow.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well damn, oh well lets go get the Indians.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ackley fucking sucks. Can he please just go away? His offense is horrible and his defense isn't much better. He's never doing anything in a Seattle Mariners uniform. Z needs to swallow his pride and ship him somewhere else where he might have a chance.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ackley fucking sucks. Can he please just go away? His offense is horrible and his defense isn't much better. He's never doing anything in a Seattle Mariners uniform. Z needs to swallow his pride and ship him somewhere else where he might have a chance.

I tell my wife that while watching every game. He is very good at grounding out to the right side....unless there is a runner on second with no outs and we need to move them over. Then he pops out.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps it's time the Mariners put Logan Morrison back in the OF when Smoak comes back. I'm no fan of Justin Smoak, but to me the lineup would be more dangerous with Smoak at 1B and Morrison in LF than with Morrison at 1B and Ackely in LF.

Ackley literally offers absolutely nothing. He's not a contact hitter (.226 BA), he doesn't draw walks and get on base (.281 OBP), doesn't hit home runs (8 HRs over his last 182 games) and doesn't offer much on defense (0.1 dWAR over the past 182 games).

At least Smoak will probably match Ackley's BA while hitting some home runs and getting on base at a somewhat higher clip.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you are saying, but I actually thing Ackley looks like a Gold Glover compared to what Morrison can do in the OF. You do have to find a way of keeping his bat in the lineup while he is hot, but where? DH him vs righties and find a RH DH to play against lefties (probably Hart when healthy).

I am tired of Ackley and Romero for that matter. Enough infielders in the outfielders. It would be one thing if they could hit, but neither can and both have adventures on every ball. It will be nice getting Saunders back....did I just say that? He has actually helped for the most part this year.

And like I said a few weeks back, Jones is fun and has provided a spark but at some point he has to start hitting line drives into the outfield and not grounders 95% of the time. He should be a huge doubles and triples threat.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like I said a few weeks back, Jones is fun and has provided a spark but at some point he has to start hitting line drives into the outfield and not grounders 95% of the time. He should be a huge doubles and triples threat.

I'd be just as happy with Jones being an Otis Nixon type guy as a Juan Pierre. Right now, I'd like to see him get a few more walks to go with his singles, get that OBP to about .350 or higher.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps it's time the Mariners put Logan Morrison back in the OF when Smoak comes back. I'm no fan of Justin Smoak, but to me the lineup would be more dangerous with Smoak at 1B and Morrison in LF than with Morrison at 1B and Ackely in LF.

Ackley literally offers absolutely nothing. He's not a contact hitter (.226 BA), he doesn't draw walks and get on base (.281 OBP), doesn't hit home runs (8 HRs over his last 182 games) and doesn't offer much on defense (0.1 dWAR over the past 182 games).

At least Smoak will probably match Ackley's BA while hitting some home runs and getting on base at a somewhat higher clip.

Forget the outfield for Morrison, put him at DH when Smoak comes back. Put Andy over in left, Saunders stays in right and Jones in center...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is strong as hell. I'd be stunned if he doesn't hit 25+ HRs eventually. Zunino might come close to that number this year, he's currently on pace for 21.

Zunino is on a power binge. He's looked better at the plate lately but he is still a sucker for the low outside fastball. He's struck out on that pitch about 40 times this year.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear what you are saying, but I actually thing Ackley looks like a Gold Glover compared to what Morrison can do in the OF. You do have to find a way of keeping his bat in the lineup while he is hot, but where? DH him vs righties and find a RH DH to play against lefties (probably Hart when healthy).

I am tired of Ackley and Romero for that matter. Enough infielders in the outfielders. It would be one thing if they could hit, but neither can and both have adventures on every ball. It will be nice getting Saunders back....did I just say that? He has actually helped for the most part this year.

I haven't gotten a chance to see Morrison play in the outfield but is he really that bad? Ackley had those two plays at the wall the other night that were the two most god awful attempts at playing the wall I have ever seen.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
losses like last night are fine

kuma didn't have his best night, and the offense kept fighting

no complaints about losses like that

it's the first time in a long time where i didn't feel the game was over when down at any point in the game, including the 9th.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't gotten a chance to see Morrison play in the outfield but is he really that bad? Ackley had those two plays at the wall the other night that were the two most god awful attempts at playing the wall I have ever seen.

A bit of an exaggeration, but Morrison is not good and they would play him in RF like he has in the past if needed. He can catch what he gets to, but doesn't get to too many out there. Ackley is just an adventure even on routine balls. I just think in pro ball you can actually get an outfielder to play the outfield. I know the M's are against that notion and instead play with the likes of Ackley, Franklin, Romero, and Morrison playing out there and calling it good, but it just kills me inside a little more every day.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp... I'm way late to this party but I am here to take the lumps! You guys handed the Sox their arses for two games and made it a game in Game 3. best of luck the rest of the way!

It's nice to see (even at the expense of the Sox) the M's giving King Felix some run support!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks and now would you be so kind to send us a bat or two for the second half of the season. Ortiz and Napoli would do just fine...lol

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks and now would you be so kind to send us a bat or two for the second half of the season. Ortiz and Napoli would do just fine...lol

haha - you can have any OTHER bat you want.... Just not those two. Sorry!

If you want to also take Drew,Gomes,AJ,Peavy off the sox hands that would be great!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is, Gomes would actually be a good get for us. You can keep the others.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is, Gomes would actually be a good get for us. You can keep the others.

Perhaps a new spot would improve hims offense

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen our DH and corner outfielders? He couldn't be worse. Take care and good luck the rest of the way. I am hoping Lester comes home next season.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen our DH and corner outfielders? He couldn't be worse. Take care and good luck the rest of the way. I am hoping Lester comes home next season.

good point. Yet the Mariners still are finding ways to win!

Thanks!

Yeah, I would not be shocked if the Red Sox don't come to terms with Lester... I am at the point where I just want them to have a fire sale right now