• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners Vs Red Sox 6/14 - 6/17

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man didn't see a 1-0 victory in the forecast for Seattle against Boston, but I'll take it.

I got a good feeling with Leake tomorrow. Dunno why, but I think he's due for a sexy start. Had a rough May, but he's been dialed in decently in June... I just... I got a feeling here. Don't let me down, Mike!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every game decided by 1 run... Incredible series... This is championship baseball we're witnessing...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO... There is still two more games and this one is not over... It's like you all are looking for a reason to, "BOO" your team...

Love all the "rainbows" I received from this quote chain... We're up 2-1!!!!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leblanc reminds me of Jaimie Moyer more and more each start. Just pin point location and pounding that low outside corner vs righties. And I thought Servais handled pulling him perfectly. I’ll give him credit for that since I blast him other times.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... NWinAZ… Continue to be pessimistic... It's your MO... It's a shame that you call yourself a M's fan...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leblanc reminds me of Jaimie Moyer more and more each start. Just pin point location and pounding that low outside corner vs righties. And I thought Servais handled pulling him perfectly. I’ll give him credit for that since I blast him other times.

He played it right tonight for sure. I'd like to think that Servais is improving at managing the bullpen. He still makes a lot of head scratching moves (or non moves) though.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... NWinAZ… Continue to be pessimistic... It's your MO... It's a shame that you call yourself a M's fan...
Nah, hes a Yankee fan, I dont know why he still posts here so frequently.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love all the "rainbows" I received from this quote chain... We're up 2-1!!!!
By 'all the rainbows' you mean the single one you got? Yeah, that's harsh ass shit right there. How'd you survive that? :noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, because everyone has to fan the way you do or it's not legit?

I'll guarantee you he's happy about these last two wins. Anyone that is an actual fan is.

When will some of you stop trying to tell others how to think and how to deal with the last 41 years of misery? If he, or anyone else wants skepticism with their fandom why on earth should it change anything in your world enough to keep bashing them for it? I mean this is a fraction of what we see on the hawks board every single year, hell even the year they won it all. There were fans still bitching all the way through the end. I'll guarantee you if they make a legit playoff run you aren't going to see that same stuff from NW, or any of the others (myself included) who have carried this misery around for all of those 41 years.

Enjoy the ride.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. I'll guarantee you if they make a legit playoff run you aren't going to see that same stuff from NW, or any of the others (myself included) who have carried this misery around for all of those 41 years.

Enjoy the ride.

This team is 21 games above .500 halfway through June and our best competition for a post season spot is 8 games behind us and just put 4 more players on the DL.

This is a legit playoff run, so feel free to lay off the pessimism and maybe "Enjoy the ride."

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By 'all the rainbows' you mean the single one you got? Yeah, that's harsh ass shit right there. How'd you survive that? :noidea:

"Quote Chain" is the key verbiage in that quote...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, because everyone has to fan the way you do or it's not legit?

I'll guarantee you he's happy about these last two wins. Anyone that is an actual fan is.

When will some of you stop trying to tell others how to think and how to deal with the last 41 years of misery? If he, or anyone else wants skepticism with their fandom why on earth should it change anything in your world enough to keep bashing them for it? I mean this is a fraction of what we see on the hawks board every single year, hell even the year they won it all. There were fans still bitching all the way through the end. I'll guarantee you if they make a legit playoff run you aren't going to see that same stuff from NW, or any of the others (myself included) who have carried this misery around for all of those 41 years.

Enjoy the ride.

No one's telling anyone how to think... I can call out constant criticism, negativity about the team... Just like you calling me out for trying to remain positive... It's a message board...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy to think that I said at the start of this 13 game stretch if the M's went 7-6 it would be a win. But with starting 5-1 after 6 games it almost feels like going 7-6 would be a disappointment. It's hard to believe how well the Mariners are playing right now, it's been a long time.

Which makes it a blast and a fun time to be a Mariner fan right now... Night in and night out, Mariner baseball has come to life...

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it...why would you, or anyone else rag on NWinAZ, or any other poster on this board for putting their thoughts out here? If anyone has a problem with anything someone posts on here or if it bugs you that much then just don't read their posts and/or block them. I know I bitch (vent) about lots of stuff on here and I also post positive things about stuff on here that others might not like or get pissed off about or don't agree with, but I think that's the whole idea of this board and it's various threads. Sharing different ideas, thoughts, impressions, and venting feelings etc. makes this board what it is. If one of us does not like or agree with what one of us posts, then just deal with it and do not pass YOUR personal judgement on that poster. One of the many things I like about this board is reading other's thoughts and ideas about anything to do with the Mariners and baseball in general and I also enjoy being able to share (vent) my thoughts and ideas with others.
With all this BS being said: HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL DADS and GO MARINERS!! :thumb:

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the hell has this board turned into a bunch of bitchassness?

Go M's!!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is 21 games above .500 halfway through June and our best competition for a post season spot is 8 games behind us and just put 4 more players on the DL.

This is a legit playoff run, so feel free to lay off the pessimism and maybe "Enjoy the ride."
You really aren't that stupid. I just know it.

I could sit here and list team after team that had 8 game leads in June that didn't make the playoffs, but is that really necessary? :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it...why would you, or anyone else rag on NWinAZ, or any other poster on this board for putting their thoughts out here? If anyone has a problem with anything someone posts on here or if it bugs you that much then just don't read their posts and/or block them. I know I bitch (vent) about lots of stuff on here and I also post positive things about stuff on here that others might not like or get pissed off about or don't agree with, but I think that's the whole idea of this board and it's various threads. Sharing different ideas, thoughts, impressions, and venting feelings etc. makes this board what it is. If one of us does not like or agree with what one of us posts, then just deal with it and do not pass YOUR personal judgement on that poster. One of the many things I like about this board is reading other's thoughts and ideas about anything to do with the Mariners and baseball in general and I also enjoy being able to share (vent) my thoughts and ideas with others.
With all this BS being said: HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL DADS and GO MARINERS!! :thumb:
latest

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one's telling anyone how to think... I can call out constant criticism, negativity about the team... Just like you calling me out for trying to remain positive... It's a message board...
No.

You are completely and entirely wrong. And THIS is the point.

Show me where I've criticized you, or anyone else for being positive. I'll wait right here....

I want you to be positive and have said as much. I want anyone to entirely be in and enjoy things to the fullest of their will. It's your ride to take. Take it.

I criticize the team, or it's players. I'll criticize some of you that rise to the level of harassing NW or anyone else PERSONALLY.

That's the point. Let people be fans any way they wish. Debate their ideas or their views. THAT'S what a board is about. Attacking them/us/anyone for being 'negative' when you don't think they should is not productive and is not in any way the same as what they are doing.

This team had the best record in the history of the game. One of the greatest teams in all of the history of baseball. And they still couldn't reach the WS.

Long term fans of this team have seen and been through a lot. More so than any other fan base of any other ML team. When you add in the ownership over most of that history and the things they have done it's really easy to understand (or should be) why it might take far more time than other teams to accept it might be a good year. They've been literally beaten into this point for 41 years.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

You are completely and entirely wrong. And THIS is the point.

Show me where I've criticized you, or anyone else for being positive. I'll wait right here....

I want you to be positive and have said as much. I want anyone to entirely be in and enjoy things to the fullest of their will. It's your ride to take. Take it.

I criticize the team, or it's players. I'll criticize some of you that rise to the level of harassing NW or anyone else PERSONALLY.

That's the point. Let people be fans any way they wish. Debate their ideas or their views. THAT'S what a board is about. Attacking them/us/anyone for being 'negative' when you don't think they should is not productive and is not in any way the same as what they are doing.

This team had the best record in the history of the game. One of the greatest teams in all of the history of baseball. And they still couldn't reach the WS.

Long term fans of this team have seen and been through a lot. More so than any other fan base of any other ML team. When you add in the ownership over most of that history and the things they have done it's really easy to understand (or should be) why it might take far more time than other teams to accept it might be a good year. They've been literally beaten into this point for 41 years.

Its like the stupid ass shit thats going on with National Anthem in the NFL, if it bothers you fucking ignore it.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ichiro Hoping To Make Mariners' Roster In 2019

By Connor Byrne | June 16, 2018 at 10:34pm CDT

• Although he shifted from the diamond to a front office role with the Marinerslast month, Ichiro Suzuki intends to earn a roster spot with the team in 2019, Pete Abraham of the Boston Globe reports. Given that the future Hall of Famer has struggled in recent seasons (a productive 2016 with Miami notwithstanding) and will be 45 when next spring rolls around, accomplishing his goal seems like a long shot. But with the Mariners scheduled to open next season with a series against the A’s in Ichiro’s homeland of Japan, it’s worth a try.