• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners Trade OF Kyle Lewis to Diamondbacks

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am thinking good guy with how good he was with kids and stuff. I am not sure pouting is even really went on. It was a toxic relationship with him and I want a real reason why. Maybe Jerry just hates dudes named Kyle, I don’t know. He won the ROTY then something went nuclear with him and the front office.
Ya he was good with the fans. Real likable, but he didn't like Jerry and vice versant seemed. The one thing I know was there were times he said he was hurt and I think they questioned it then there were times he said he wasn't hurt but they treated him as if he was. A lot of mistrust.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a backup catcher that is more than just an audition. We need someone who will stick, so I like this move. I hope it works out. Raliegh can't catch 130-140 games a year if we want him to continue duplicating the power he showed this year. I'd rather see him catch maybe 100 and DH another 35. I hope Hummel can catch the other 60 games. If the pitchers like him, his defense and pitch framing are decent, and he is at least league average in throwing out baserunners, then, hell yeah. I'll take it. If he gives us all that, then whatever offense he provides will just be a bonus.
The writer that covers the team said when he is catching it is like throwing a ball into the ocean. I honestly am not smart enough to know what that means.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writer that covers the team said when he is catching it is like throwing a ball into the ocean. I honestly am not smart enough to know what that means.
Is that suppose to mean like it is so smooth? I’ve never heard that expression let alone in baseball.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that suppose to mean like it is so smooth? I’ve never heard that expression let alone in baseball.
I seriously don't know if that is a positive or negative comment? I know he is just learning the catching gig but plays corner infield and corner outfield. Crazy comment.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure it's referencing equates to a positive comment as in: You just cannot miss when you are throwing the ball to him. It is a compliment like he swallows the ball up as the ocean swallows up most anything it chooses.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure it's referencing equates to a positive comment as in: You just cannot miss when you are throwing the ball to him. It is a compliment like he swallows the ball up as the ocean swallows up most anything it chooses.
You could be right. That is as good of an explanation that I have...which is none.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the actual message. Maybe it clarifies it. I am just to dense.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems a weird as f quote though. Why not just use a simple. That quote kind of is like saying that girl has a great personality. Could mean anything

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems a weird as f quote though. Why not just use a simple. That quote kind of is like saying that girl has a great personality. Could mean anything
Yea I am with both you guys and baffled at that terminology.

Its a bizarre slang reference, that I personally have never heard used in any sports related talk.

he appears + speed running for a catcher also ( as is Big Dumper ) it will be nice having a couple backstops that do not act as a log jam on the base paths.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a backup catcher that is more than just an audition. We need someone who will stick, so I like this move. I hope it works out. Raliegh can't catch 130-140 games a year if we want him to continue duplicating the power he showed this year. I'd rather see him catch maybe 100 and DH another 35. I hope Hummel can catch the other 60 games. If the pitchers like him, his defense and pitch framing are decent, and he is at least league average in throwing out baserunners, then, hell yeah. I'll take it. If he gives us all that, then whatever offense he provides will just be a bonus.
Can your DH move to the field without forcing the pitcher to hit? Tough to plan on Raleigh's rest being at DH without 3 C's on the roster (maybe we will carry 3).

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can your DH move to the field without forcing the pitcher to hit? Tough to plan on Raleigh's rest being at DH without 3 C's on the roster (maybe we will carry 3).
I think Hummel makes them keep 3. Murphy is the backup going into spring.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Mariners will carry three catchers* on the MLB roster. On the 40-man roster, yes, but not the MLB roster. If Murphy has a strong spring then Hummel is probably going to Tacoma, where he will wait for either wait for Murphy or Raleigh to get hurt. Probably not the best choice of words, but it's accurate. Catching is the most injury-challenged position on the diamond.

* RIP, John Marzano, my all-time favorite #3 catcher.