• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners Trade OF Kyle Lewis to Diamondbacks

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis' knees are toast and this guy Hummel has a high OBP.

More of a cleaning house type of move for me and a bummer that Lewis couldn't stay healthy.

A healthy Lewis teamed up with Rodiriguez and Teoscar would have been awesome, oh well.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screen Shot 2022-11-17 at 5.30.13 PM.png

Although, he did rake in AAA the last two years.

Not a bad flyer for Lewis considering his health history.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was actually posted earlier on the other thread and this was my post in it regarding the new player we got. Basically not much of a return.

And as I added on the other thread, he is a Portland kid keeping Dipoto's streak of adding local kids.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lame. I'm more sad than mad because this guy should have been a superstar for us. What a waste.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s sad is Kyle Lewis came back raking last year. If the Astros didn’t go head hunting after he hit a couple of bombs off them, he would have been just fine at least offensively.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even imagine having a healthy Lewis with a young Jrod. That would be like something that happens to other teams.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone ever give a real reason for why he was out so long because of a concussion?

But ya, you got to feel for the kid. He was a Julio type guy until his first knee surgery in the minors. He seems like a really good guy so he probably wouldn’t, but I’d love for him to do a tell all about him and the front office drama. Cause a GM doesn’t all but say he thinks one of his stars is faking how hurt he is without some legitimate blow up behind closed doors.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think his knees are toast..or he would have retired...
Knees can take a while to heal..Seattle does not have that time...Arizona..does..

He can run like the wind..see him against the dodgers...that will make you a believer..

You tube it

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would tell his story...

And leave the drama...out .

Wazzu..but you can ask.......lololo

Resource..the injuries...some say..it takes a year..some say..2..I know he is doing his best..

It's just the injurie..takes time..as much or more..than ...tj

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone ever give a real reason for why he was out so long because of a concussion?

But ya, you got to feel for the kid. He was a Julio type guy until his first knee surgery in the minors. He seems like a really good guy so he probably wouldn’t, but I’d love for him to do a tell all about him and the front office drama. Cause a GM doesn’t all but say he thinks one of his stars is faking how hurt he is without some legitimate blow up behind closed doors.
Not sure how good of a guy he is. He pouted over being sent down when he couldn't it or run, he wouldn't report when sent down, he wouldn't/didn't play the field when Servais said he was going to the last time sent down, then refused their rehab and did his own thing. Maybe he is a nice guy, but he doesn't sound like a team guy. Sad it ended this way, but it was time.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a backup catcher that is more than just an audition. We need someone who will stick, so I like this move. I hope it works out. Raliegh can't catch 130-140 games a year if we want him to continue duplicating the power he showed this year. I'd rather see him catch maybe 100 and DH another 35. I hope Hummel can catch the other 60 games. If the pitchers like him, his defense and pitch framing are decent, and he is at least league average in throwing out baserunners, then, hell yeah. I'll take it. If he gives us all that, then whatever offense he provides will just be a bonus.

Last edited:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw how Ketel Marte blossomed when he went to Arizona. The ballpark dimensions and dead air obviously contributed to his increased offensive output. I think Lewis will experience the same effect although maybe to a lesser degree. I think this time next year we should expect it to look like we lost this trade. But the reality is, Lewis was derailed here. The thick air and ballpark dimensions here were more than he could overcome. It wasn't going to happen for him here. I wish him the best. I hope he lights up the National League.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how good of a guy he is. He pouted over being sent down when he couldn't it or run, he wouldn't report when sent down, he wouldn't/didn't play the field when Servais said he was going to the last time sent down, then refused their rehab and did his own thing. Maybe he is a nice guy, but he doesn't sound like a team guy. Sad it ended this way, but it was time.
I guess I am thinking good guy with how good he was with kids and stuff. I am not sure pouting is even really went on. It was a toxic relationship with him and I want a real reason why. Maybe Jerry just hates dudes named Kyle, I don’t know. He won the ROTY then something went nuclear with him and the front office.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw how Ketel Marte blossomed when he went to Arizona. The ballpark dimensions and dead air obviously contributed to his increased offensive output. I think Lewis will experience the same effect although maybe to a lesser degree. I think this time next year we should expect it to look like we lost this trade. But the reality is, Lewis was derailed here. The thick air and ballpark dimensions here were more than he could overcome. It wasn't going to happen for him here. I wish him the best. I hope he lights up the National League.
I think Marte and Lewis are in two completely different scenarios. Marte was still developing. Lewis has done his developing just the question is he able to A. Get his knee healthy (is it even able to be 100) B and if he then can he evolve his game. His game was athleticism and it showed with the different between Tacoma and Seattle, in the PCL you can hit moon shots with just your upper body.