• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners Roadtrip: April 5th - 10th

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cabby was one of my favorite players on the ball club last year just because of how hard nosed and scrappy he was.

I’m happy he’s away from the Seattle Mariners and gets to play regularly and is doing well.

He could’ve easily transitioned over to second base, and we wouldn’t have the toolbox. We’ve got out there right now, who can’t field and can’t hit.

Another perfect example of the Mariners organization, not recognizing baseball talent, and giving a guy a chance to play and let him earn a spot on the ball club versus bringing in all these guys from all around the league and just handing out starting positions to them and they ain’t worth a shit

IMG_9743.png

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote something just like this on a twitter response to Locked in Mariners and the guy tried to bash me. His words:
"You think they don’t want to make a deep playoff run because ownership disappointed them? No. You’re reaching WAY too far."
Locked On Mariners

I obviously sent a rebuttal and so far have had a few heart responses....lol. Not sure why I even follow those two yahoos. They kiss Jerry's ass in the offseason claiming he is a genius but when the year goes bad they act like they knew it was going to be bad all along. then they start over the next offseason.
I pissed them off on Twitter this morning. They are always about well who do you want instead of Scott. I replied an average Joe could win 40 games in the bigs as a manager. Every team wins 60 and loses 60 regardless of talent. Whether you are a good manager is what you do with the 42.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cabby was one of my favorite players on the ball club last year just because of how hard nosed and scrappy he was.

I’m happy he’s away from the Seattle Mariners and gets to play regularly and is doing well.

He could’ve easily transitioned over to second base, and we wouldn’t have the toolbox. We’ve got out there right now, who can’t field and can’t hit.

Another perfect example of the Mariners organization, not recognizing baseball talent, and giving a guy a chance to play and let him earn a spot on the ball club versus bringing in all these guys from all around the league and just handing out starting positions to them and they ain’t worth a shit

View attachment 359296

And right on que, Jose Caballero goes yard and hits his first home run of the season against the Angels just a moment ago !!

Good for him!

Playing for Tampa Bay usually means a real shot at postseason

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert gave up a run. Not much chance M's will break the tie.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan was brilliant until just the past couple mins, and now the M's will find a way to lose.

3 fucking hits in 8 innings is just ridiculous even for these losers.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we DID hang on to that 1-0 lead longer than I thought we would...

just a shame our bats are still anemic.

And to the bottom of the 9th we go...a chance to get swept for certain.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao. seriously, all you can do is laugh at this point.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Cal. Add on about 5 more and I'll feel comfortable.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And right on que, Jose Caballero goes yard and hits his first home run of the season against the Angels just a moment ago !!

Good for him!

Playing for Tampa Bay usually means a real shot at postseason
Right after the trade I read an article that said Jose fit some analytic stat that Rays use and they were really high on him because of that. I will take the Rays evals over the M's any day of the week.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pissed them off on Twitter this morning. They are always about well who do you want instead of Scott. I replied an average Joe could win 40 games in the bigs as a manager. Every team wins 60 and loses 60 regardless of talent. Whether you are a good manager is what you do with the 42.
Love it. And you are correct. I have never seen him actually manage. Managing to me is the little things during a game. Not setting a lineup or pulling a pitcher. It is also motivation. Having your players backs.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 K day for Julioooooo.

4K good for tv's not for hitters.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
France has looked better so far this year...trade him now before he meets a buffet he can't walk by.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 359296
Feels like the same swan song for majority of the players that have left via trade or FA or cut etc.. and ends up doing well some place else. When it comes to trades, other teams likely have much better eyes at evaluating talent than this organization. Chris Taylor is probably one of the few names that stood out the most because to this day, we don't even know who the hell Zach Lee is (he's out of the league btw). In due time, we'll probably forget who Raley is and wish they'd kept Caballero.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Married At First Sight Lol GIF by Lifetime

Avoided the sweep!!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just makes you wonder what the real plan is.

I sense an attempt to move them.
Be like the Pirates. Very low payroll, sign cheap shitty players, sell off talent for prospects than sell them off for more prospects...rinse and repeat for multiple years and stands stay mostly empty 80% of the year but still profiting.