• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners MiLB Thread

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching a lot of Mariner minor league games lately. I gotta say our overall quality of minor league players seems behind most of the teams they are playing. This seems true at most of the levels. Mariners minor leaguers seem to have a higher frequency of mistakes and poor play than their opponents. Our farm system is a step behind the others. There are a few encouraging bright spots however.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching a lot of Mariner minor league games lately. I gotta say our overall quality of minor league players seems behind most of the teams they are playing. This seems true at most of the levels. Mariners minor leaguers seem to have a higher frequency of mistakes and poor play than their opponents. Our farm system is a step behind the others. There are a few encouraging bright spots however.

Welcome to Mariner baseball, where our ineptitude spans over even the farm teams.

It's like a virus.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to Mariner baseball, where our ineptitude spans over even the farm teams.

It's like a virus.

It really is! It does seem like the Mariners minor league teams are weaker this season than they have been the last few seasons, or at least that is the impression I have personally. Maybe because I have watched a lot more minor league ball than I have in the past. The Mariners just don't have many 4 or 5 tool players, a lot of them are one dimensional all or nothing hitters or players that are simply not all that good. A small percentage of minor leaguers ever make it to the big leagues and I would guess even less for the Mariners at this point.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is! It does seem like the Mariners minor league teams are weaker this season than they have been the last few seasons, or at least that is the impression I have personally. Maybe because I have watched a lot more minor league ball than I have in the past. The Mariners just don't have many 4 or 5 tool players, a lot of them are one dimensional all or nothing hitters or players that are simply not all that good. A small percentage of minor leaguers ever make it to the big leagues and I would guess even less for the Mariners at this point.

I remember a debate we had on here I believe a few years back regarding how the M's system was ranked high and how that meant something. I said then and I say again now, those rankings mean/meant nothing as the last 4 years have proved. My point has nothing to do with how they look now because they do look bad and I don't see that turning around soon, but I have liked what I read on the Aqua Sox.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a debate we had on here I believe a few years back regarding how the M's system was ranked high and how that meant something. I said then and I say again now, those rankings mean/meant nothing as the last 4 years have proved. My point has nothing to do with how they look now because they do look bad and I don't see that turning around soon, but I have liked what I read on the Aqua Sox.
good teams with good farms don't use it solely as something to grow their own talent from the lowest level to the highest. they use a well-stocked farm every bit as much as way to trade for what other teams have developed, or even better, as parts of packages for proven talent already in the majors.

z sucks at ALL of it.

how the fuck is it even possible that he still has a job? (rhetorical question because nintendo)

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember what my stance was then but what I think now is the "rank" itself does not mean anything, all it shows is the perception of the prospects throughout the organization and projecting that those players make an impact on the Major League roster at some point.

The Aqua Sox have looked good, however the real test is for the players that look good to look good again next season.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1