• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners 2023 - 2024 offseason thread

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There plan isn’t bad but two things

1. I hate the idea of signing the Japanese pitcher for $15 million, when $10 extra could get you a bonafide Cy Young pitcher in Snell

2. Getting Brown and Cronenworth doesn’t seem bad, but that causes some serious issues because the lineup would have a lot lefties and as we saw in September they are all in on the LH/RH lineup. Not sure how Rojas could be the infield utility player in that scenario and I really am uncomfortable having Dylan Moore being the outfield utility player.
I thought the Cronenworth cost was a bit high. He is the kind of guy you can sign in free agency. The cost for Brown was minimal, but is he a difference maker? The plan would be for a bunch of platoon guys with a couple of core players in the middle. I don't see it stretching the lineup. I see the same issues with it as we have had the last couple of years.

And the money for the foreign pitcher sounded a bit crazy to me. I think there are better options for that kind of money.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first trade of the offseason...and no Mariners in sight.

White Sox acquired RHP Michael Soroka, LHP Jared Shuster, INF Nicky Lopez, INF Braden Shewmake and RHP Riley Gowens from the Braves for LHP Aaron Bummer.
Soroka is the biggest name in the trade, though he’s not the guy commanding the five-for-one. In fact, there was some speculation that the Braves might non-tender him as a result of the forearm injury he suffered in September. The 2019 NL Rookie of the Year runner-up pitched just 39 innings from 2020-22 because of a pair of Achilles tears. He did manage to make 23 starts last season and he was successful in Triple-A, but he had a 6.40 ERA in 32 1/3 major league innings. It’s definitely worth taking a shot on him for the White Sox, as he’s only due about $3 million in arbitration. If Soroka can remain healthy, he might yet settle in as a No. 3 starter.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Rainier

The Hiroshima Carp are also signing UTL Jake Scheiner. No MLB experience but the 28-year-old hit 30 HR in AAA Tacoma this season.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy to trade for.
Atlanta braves..
Ss vaughn grissolm.2b/ss

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Cronenworth cost was a bit high. He is the kind of guy you can sign in free agency. The cost for Brown was minimal, but is he a difference maker? The plan would be for a bunch of platoon guys with a couple of core players in the middle. I don't see it stretching the lineup. I see the same issues with it as we have had the last couple of years.

And the money for the foreign pitcher sounded a bit crazy to me. I think there are better options for that kind of money.
I think the Cronenworth deal is high with sending Gabby Gonzalez especially if Seattle is taking on his salary but if they aren’t going to sign a star then they have to trade some top prospects. Just from numbers the dude has been real good, except last year he seems like he would a much, much better version of Rojas at 2nd. Just to me, Cronenworth seems like he should be the super utility guy. Not sure if you remember who Ben Zobrist was, but use him like the Rays and Cubs did. I don’t know much about Brown but he appears to be a much better Canzone meaning he can play COF and 1B against righties. But just like Cronenworth, it is kind of a platoon thing again and IMO, we saw down the stretch how stupid platoons are.

I’m just not a fan of spending that much on a guy who’s never pitched an inning in the MLB. It’s no different than the Korean OF that keeps getting linked to them. They are at the point in the rebuild where they should be trying to win a World Series, not have a hole in the lineup or staff waiting for the guy to figure out the MLB. Kim from the Padres would be a great addition now, but he struggled in his first year. Basically it was like Kelenic last spring, I love the guy, but the team can’t pin their WS hopes on a well below average MLB player to become good. I’m sick of the Mariners needed X, Y and Z to go right so they can make the playoffs. A good baseball team has X, Y and Z go bad. Ray and Kelenic going down was X, Y going wrong but running out Pollack and Wong everyday, giving LaStella any AB’s, then giving O’Keefe, Moore and Haggerty countless important AB’s in the playoff stretch is irresponsible IMO

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I yi yi..sodo mogo .
Imanaga..
I was there..back in.september.then realized.
Why.have.2..guys.that.are.
Munoz.
So.
My.pitchers..list..1st..
Don't think.about..bull..pen.
Let Jedi take care of it..

Ohtani.
Snell..
Yamamoto..
Jordan Montgomery.
It goes on ..
But mariners will.
Need..a.starter..even.if..
Hancock starts...

I don't want.to say..this again..
Woo..is a bull..pen.guy..
I would base my bull..pen.
On..not.a starter...
His strength would not..
Hold up .all year. As a starter....till they built him.
Up anyway .
That would take at least..
The rest.of.2024..

If ya want to.trade.a bull
Pen guy . trade topa

Bull.pen
Woo.
Campbell.
Topa.
LHp.

Speier..LHP
Brash...

Closer .
Monuz..
Jensen..
Berroa
Adcock..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mariners are going.
To put.re-search...into.it.
So..like..imanaga/monuz.
They won't go there.

Who sucks is the medias..
Lack.of research..
And.thinking..only.big.market
Teams..have.a chance .
That.is so wrong..
If.mariners..can.pay..othani.
They can pay..anyone.else.
As well..
Offload..the .poor..
Ole mariners .70s..bull

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.n.y.pist..why.a short.deal..
Why not a 1.year deal..
For this year connected.
To .a contract.for.next.year.
And beyond..

You are .getting.creative..
But need .to fit the situation..ok .ya get .
C.grade..for being.
Creative..

Imagination..well..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners .have.the money.
To do whatever they.want.
Pitching..hitting..
Don't fool .yourself .
Seattle.is the 10 biggest.
Sports Market..so they..can.
Afford..anyone..
Even if they overpay..
They just
Have.to get it passed.stanton..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah .Seattle..need not.take.
A back.seat..to.anyone.
In baseball..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad..soto mojo...thought..iminaga.
A bull pen guy .
But..
He and Snell would fit best.
Then maybe..
Snell..shooting himself.in.
The foot..a bit..by winning.
A cye young ..
Imanaga.may.be the fav

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one hand sodo.mojo..
You hit 9n good stuff..
But by the end of the article

Show yourself..a d.ame..
DA..
The mariners.need not .
Give.any..pitching..

For a bat..

Gurriel .jr.free agent..

Better .to not say anything..and be and thought.
A DA.
Than open your..mouth.
And remove..all..doubt.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocker alert!!!!

Daniel Kramer

@DKramer_

The Shohei Ohtani sweepstakes have been mostly quiet, and in Seattle, it's reflective of what’s taking place behind the scenes.According to industry sources, signing Ohtani doesn’t appear to be within the Mariners’ realistic agenda this offseason.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cronenworth deal is high with sending Gabby Gonzalez especially if Seattle is taking on his salary but if they aren’t going to sign a star then they have to trade some top prospects. Just from numbers the dude has been real good, except last year he seems like he would a much, much better version of Rojas at 2nd. Just to me, Cronenworth seems like he should be the super utility guy. Not sure if you remember who Ben Zobrist was, but use him like the Rays and Cubs did. I don’t know much about Brown but he appears to be a much better Canzone meaning he can play COF and 1B against righties. But just like Cronenworth, it is kind of a platoon thing again and IMO, we saw down the stretch how stupid platoons are.

I’m just not a fan of spending that much on a guy who’s never pitched an inning in the MLB. It’s no different than the Korean OF that keeps getting linked to them. They are at the point in the rebuild where they should be trying to win a World Series, not have a hole in the lineup or staff waiting for the guy to figure out the MLB. Kim from the Padres would be a great addition now, but he struggled in his first year. Basically it was like Kelenic last spring, I love the guy, but the team can’t pin their WS hopes on a well below average MLB player to become good. I’m sick of the Mariners needed X, Y and Z to go right so they can make the playoffs. A good baseball team has X, Y and Z go bad. Ray and Kelenic going down was X, Y going wrong but running out Pollack and Wong everyday, giving LaStella any AB’s, then giving O’Keefe, Moore and Haggerty countless important AB’s in the playoff stretch is irresponsible IMO
Ben Zobrist the guy who was very religious and his wife cheated on him with their pastor. Now that is testing faith.

Back to Cronenworth, he lacks power, hits under .240, and still K's in the mid 100's. Why would anyone give up a top 5 prospect plus two others for that? I mean Jerry would of course, but a huge pass for me.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every media .every one of them..
Are saying ..here .have.
Garbage .for your team .

I have this to.say..no..take.it for
your team..
Before I stuff.it down.your.throat..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the mariners don't do something..
Right.here..
By by..profits...
Cuz the stadium.will.be empty..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Zobrist the guy who was very religious and his wife cheated on him with their pastor. Now that is testing faith.

Back to Cronenworth, he lacks power, hits under .240, and still K's in the mid 100's. Why would anyone give up a top 5 prospect plus two others for that? I mean Jerry would of course, but a huge pass for me.
This is part of.my point..
Any thing.seattle.is..
Involved..with..
They have to pay double .
And there grama .for garbage..
Its bs...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside .from. othani .whitch.
Would.create..diff.sutuation.

.gurriel .jr..would do.
Market.is.like.14m

Just. Win.him.in.free.agents
Even if ya have.to.pay.extra.
Same with amed Rosario.
Market.value..6m..and some.change.

That alone would go far.
At verry least.
Rosario a better Moore.

If ya pay..bellinger..
He will.come.here.not N.Y..yankees.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Sherman

@Joelsherman1
·
1h

Source: The Braves traded Nick Anderson to the Royals. The Yankees were interested in the righty reliever both last offseason when he was a free agent and again now as Atlanta was moving a player it was unlikely to tender a contract.