• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus Mariota Named Titans Starting Quarterback

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota is the best thing to happen to Tenn next to Tee Martin @HammerDown

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an ESPN article that said Mariota fixed his drop back footwork that the QB coaches were expecting to fix during camp in the break between OTAs and camp. I don't know how he'll do in the NFL but I do know he's doing the right things and his coaches and teammates are talking about it a LOT.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would have waited until training camp was over before I announced this though I do think Mariota's the right choice for the #1 QB with the Titans.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota vs. Winston week 1 if Winston starts.

If Winston starts. LOL. Winston is a stud. He can play at this level already. The arm and the head.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an ESPN article that said Mariota fixed his drop back footwork that the QB coaches were expecting to fix during camp in the break between OTAs and camp. I don't know how he'll do in the NFL but I do know he's doing the right things and his coaches and teammates are talking about it a LOT.

Even though i like Mettenberger more and want him to start i do have to say Mariota has won me over. Mariota has a killer work ethic and if the coaches point out any flaw he corrects them quickly. One of Mariota's teammates was very impressed by the fact that he already memorized the whole playbook. A vet QB was amazed when in OTA's Mariota came in and made no mistakes and needed no pointers basically looking like he'd been doing it for years. Mariota constantly strives to do better and be the best he can. Also he had the best TD/INT ratio in college history with 105TD/14INT and through three days of camp he has not had any turnovers/interceptions so he is good there. Mariota very well could be the franchise QB the team needs. We fans are skeptical but hoping everything works out well.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when the Cowboys used to decide the depth chart based on pedigree and salary as compared to earning the job through competition...seldom ends well...

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when the Cowboys used to decide the depth chart based on pedigree and salary as compared to earning the job through competition...seldom ends well...

Correct. Also had Seattle followed this formula Russell Wilson would've never played and Flynn would've been QB. Teams make big mistakes when they put salary first over talent.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl on a platter?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota vs. Winston week 1 if Winston starts.

Wow that is interesting.

Pretty sure Winston's been named the starter already too.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, everyone is excited and I started taking notice when Paul Kuharsky (who had been vocally critical of the pick) started being impressed with Mariota.

Mariota has Whisenhunt to work with and that can only be a positive but if the OL implodes again and there's a complete lack of consistency in the run game, he's doomed in Nashville.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that is interesting.

Pretty sure Winston's been named the starter already too.

No way in the world would I start either one before the bye week. Let Winston sit Week 1 (at the very least) and allow him to get a feel for what's happening.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, everyone is excited and I started taking notice when Paul Kuharsky (who had been vocally critical of the pick) started being impressed with Mariota.

Mariota has Whisenhunt to work with and that can only be a positive but if the OL implodes again and there's a complete lack of consistency in the run game, he's doomed in Nashville.
i Concur only 2 QBs make it in Tn Brady and Mariota Brady SB wins Marioata maybe 1

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i Concur only 2 QBs make it in Tn Brady and Mariota

Sonny, I hope and pray your boy is out there Week 1 for the Pats. If he is, I predict he's benched or retired by the bye.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, I hope and pray your boy is out there Week 1 for the Pats. If he is, I predict he's benched or retired by the bye.
I think he is gone. belichick pulls the strings Hammer

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in the world would I start either one before the bye week. Let Winston sit Week 1 (at the very least) and allow him to get a feel for what's happening.

Yeah I probably would wait a few weeks on both guys too. But this is the modern NFL. These kids are expected to start almost immediately out of the gates....and lately it seems to be working out for the most part.

It's a hell of a lot easier to play QB in this league now than it has ever been before and the player's are coming out of college with more experience.

Just to give an example: Joe Montana in his entire college career passed the ball 515 times. Marriota had more than double that. Matt Ryan had 100 more pass attempts his senior year of college than Montana had in his entire college career.

The idea of sitting a kid on the bench for that first year is probably a thing of the past.

...and one of the reasons I do think that they like to start out with the rookies like this is what if Mettenburger looked good out of the gate for the Titans? It would be hard to bench him if he is playing solidly and would really put the coaching staff in quite the pickle knowing they want to get Marriata the experience this year.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I probably would wait a few weeks on both guys too. But this is the modern NFL. These kids are expected to start almost immediately out of the gates....and lately it seems to be working out for the most part.

It's a hell of a lot easier to play QB in this league now than it has ever been before and the player's are coming out of college with more experience.

Just to give an example: Joe Montana in his entire college career passed the ball 515 times. Marriota had more than double that. Matt Ryan had 100 more pass attempts his senior year of college than Montana had in his entire college career.

The idea of sitting a kid on the bench for that first year is probably a thing of the past.

...and one of the reasons I do think that they like to start out with the rookies like this is what if Mettenburger looked good out of the gate for the Titans? It would be hard to bench him if he is playing solidly and would really put the coaching staff in quite the pickle knowing they want to get Marriata the experience this year.

I'd love to see Mettenberger going play for Sexy Wrexy in Buffalo.