• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mankins Traded to the Bucs

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some interesting stats.......

When comparing all players in the NFL in 2013

C - Ryan Wendell .........gave up most sacks by a center
LG - Logan Mankins.......gave up most sacks by a left guard
LT - Nate Solder............gave up 6th most sacks by a left tackle

I would say that the left side of the Patriots offrensive line needs a make over.

Actually Mankins was 2nd in sacks given up to Brian Winters for sacks given up. His run blocking ranked him 4th in the NFL so I could see this move helping the pass game but really hurting the run game.

So far through the preseason Mankins has been ranked as the 10th best guard in the league so it definitely is an interesting move for the Patriots. I do know they seem to get rid of a player maybe a year or two before production starts going down but making sure they do not get stuck with a bad contract on a declining player.

Marley

Evil Incorporated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved Mankins but he was on the decline. Wright gives them a young, cost controlled TE who's still trending up.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. My favorite foul of Mankins was when he left his stance in a game to punch the opposing player in the nuts! F the 15 yards. You need people like that.

I think the Patriots saw his skills declining too.

Hah!! I do not remember that! Who was it so I can Google...

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising... yet not. Mankins was very cap heavy at a fairly fungible position.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some interesting stats.......

When comparing all players in the NFL in 2013

C - Ryan Wendell .........gave up most sacks by a center
LG - Logan Mankins.......gave up most sacks by a left guard
LT - Nate Solder............gave up 6th most sacks by a left tackle

I would say that the left side of the Patriots offrensive line needs a make over.

Those stats arent always what they say,brady was throwing to a bunch of unknowns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If these stats are true what the HELL is the replacement going to do,i think its another STUPID headscratching move

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. My favorite foul of Mankins was when he left his stance in a game to punch the opposing player in the nuts! F the 15 yards. You need people like that.

I think the Patriots saw his skills declining too.

Thankfully, I'm not the only one that is not surprised. He has been looking old!

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
basically it comes down to things we probably cant see.. hes 32 .. costs a bundle.. he might have BEEN the best on the team.. but at what cost.. maybe BB sees something that would make his play drop a lot in the next season so you have to make hard choices.. football is a business.. its there to be successful and make the most money for the least amount spent... im sure there will be times we scratch our heads and say if only mankins was here.. or mankins might go to the buccs and not fair so well out of the system.. never know..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the cap & age thing,if i find out later that they tried to lock him up long term & he refused then i will be dead wrong

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the cap & age thing,if i find out later that they tried to lock him up long term & he refused then i will be dead wrong

Saw something on the TV this AM that said as much that NE tried to get him to do a similar deal to Wilfork and he refused

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a breath and think about the things that you never see .........like practice every day and how was Mankins looking in practice. How about preseason games? How many times has Brady been sacked when Devey or Kline have been in? How about none..........Fleming has played at LT, not a lot, but some and Solder knows he's heavy hit next year against the cap and he best play his ass off or he'll be gone.

Belichick has historically dumped players just before they shit the bed and he has an uncanny knack for knowing how and where to send them. If Mankins has an outstanding year, you'll never know because you'll have forgotten following the Patriots during the season. If he Mankins sucks, you'll never know, especially if the guys who take his place play decent.

Offensive guard is the least important position on the OL. Center is critical and I hope Stork can get on the field. Tackle is critical, especially the left side because that's Brady's blind side. I don't always drink the BB Kool-Aid, but I think he knows what he's doing in this case and I trust his knowledge.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats are one of the best at turning over the roster. Everyone wailed last year about Welker. Pats were right. They don't get everything right but seldom dump a player that ends up being productive for years. Once the Pats release someone they typically end up in obscurity.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an article on NBC Sports Darin Gantt said about Brady being upset; "After watching all the receivers he knew leave town, and now one of his most trusted blockers, Brady is well within his rights to wonder how the team is better now than it was before the trade for a fourth-round pick and a spare tight end."

What a moron. Do these idiot journalists know anything? A spare tight end? Revoke this guy's license to write.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well second day with the team and the dude catches 4 balls for 46 yards? I know it's one game by back ups.. But maybe just maybe bob knows what he's doing...