• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luke McCaffrey

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy may well have been part of the winning team if not for a freakish punt that hit a SF player on the foot giving the ball to KC at the 15.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've come around sty. Although I do believe McLaurin can be a good #1, I think as a number two he would be a nightmare for opposing defenses.
You mean like every other good #1 WR becoming a nightmare for defenses if they were moved to the #2 WR.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy has been to an NFC title game and and superbowl which he lost in OT . His luster should be intact . As long as he has good supporting players he can win a superbowl
He had arguably the best overall supporting cast in the NFL last year. Top tier OT, top tier TE, excellent tandem of WRs, the best all purpose RB. Top tier edge rusher, LBs n a decent secondary.

The supporting cast was fine.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty solid trio.

There are some available WR's that want to be traded if you really want a #1.
It's a bit premature already penciling Luke in as the team's #3 WR.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now i am not giving up a 2nd rounder and paying 20 mil also . . the bengals can get a 3rd just by letting him walk so i dont see a deal . simply sign him as a FA next year at that price and keep the pick . same with auyiuk . this is a rebuilding year , an assessment year , not a superbowl run year
Next year the price to sign him as a FA goes up! He'll be the #1 FA WR on the market.
My question to you is... what does "a rebuilding year, an assessment year" mean to you? Aim for (insert number here) or aim to win them all?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year the price to sign him as a FA goes up! He'll be the #1 FA WR on the market.
My question to you is... what does "a rebuilding year, an assessment year" mean to you? Aim for (insert number here) or aim to win them all?
I don’t think the price includes a draft pick or picks in addition to paying him . I suggest we look at his FA teammate boyd this year . As of now Tee is a one year rental and giving up a 2nd rounder or more as. A rental is bad business

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this legit?
If so...
Brock Purdy will either sign for a below market new contract after this season or they are planning to let him go! Interesting!
The Niners won't let Purdy go--He's the first Niner QB to make the Pro Bowl in 20 years (and he did it in his 1st full season as a starter). He was 4th in MVP voting. He'll end up signing something at market level for Qbs or maybe a little under.

From what the local Niner writers are saying, the team didn't get the offers it was looking for before/during the draft, so they are most likely going to try and run it back this year with both Deebo and Aiyuk, with an eye to trading Deebo after the 2024 season (with an outside shot at a trade happening after June 1 this year--doubtful).

Deebo is great with the ball in his hands (near top of the league), but he is someone that must usually be schemed open. He isn't a WR that can routinely be lined up on the outside and beat corners in man/man coverage on routes up the field. I think the Niners will be lucky to get a 2nd rd pick for him--his market will be smaller than a lot of fans would expect. Aiyuk, OTOH, the team will try and resign and keep him over Deebo.

Last edited:

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy has been to an NFC title game and and superbowl which he lost in OT . His luster should be intact . As long as he has good supporting players he can win a superbowl
wish we could find a qb half as good.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners won't let Purdy go--He's the first Niner QB to make the Pro Bowl in 20 years (and he did it in his 1st full season as a starter). He was 4th in MVP voting. He'll end up signing something at market level for Qbs or maybe a little under.

From what the local Niner writers are saying, the team didn't get the offers it was looking for before/during the draft, so they are most likely going to try and run it back this year with both Deebo and Aiyuk, with an eye to trading Deebo after the 2024 season.

Deebo is great with the ball in his hands (near top of the league), but he is someone that must usually be schemed open. He isn't a WR that can routinely be lined up on the outside and beat corners in man/man coverage on routes up the field. I think the Niners will be lucky to get a 2nd rd pick for him--his market will be smaller than a lot of fans would expect. Aiyuk, OTOH, the team will try and resign and keep him over Deebo.
Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how they finally work this all out. If Lynch can pull it off, (keeping all three) he's the lead dog for executive of the year!
Btw; If Brock Purdy is focusing on a new contract it would do him well to hire Kirk Cousins' representative.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TM is only a WR1 on this team. Being extremely generous, there are approximately half (16) of the teams in the league where he'd instantly become their WR2. Being not so generous that number balloons to 25 teams (not including new draftees)

Global web icon
The Game Day
https://thegameday.com/nfl/power-rankings/wr

NFL Wide Receiver Power Rankings 2024 | Top 50 WRs Ranked

You're givin ol' Fred n his opinion a much wider berth than I am. I know its supposed to be a banner year for WR in the draft n all. Which I guess is the reason 3 dudes who haven't played a down in the NFL are listed among the 28 best WRs in the NFL. OK, Fred. you keep on doin you. Then there's guys like Drake London, Michael Pittman n Garrett Wilson listed.. I guess they really look the part to Fred, but I'm not seeing them having done something Terry Mac can't do. Don't get me wrong, I like the 3 WRs I just named n think a case could be made that they as well as Terry Mac have been hurt by shitty QB play. But be that as it may. Where ol' Freddy has TM ranked is a #1 WR spot.

I'm not against the Skins getting a WR better suited to be a #1 moreso than Terry Mac. Looking at the team as a whole though. Thedre are multiple positions on boty sides of tyhe ball that need for more addressing than acquiring a top tier WR.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're givin ol' Fred n his opinion a much wider berth than I am. I know its supposed to be a banner year for WR in the draft n all. Which I guess is the reason 3 dudes who haven't played a down in the NFL are listed among the 28 best WRs in the NFL. OK, Fred. you keep on doin you. Then there's guys like Drake London, Michael Pittman n Garrett Wilson listed.. I guess they really look the part to Fred, but I'm not seeing them having done something Terry Mac can't do. Don't get me wrong, I like the 3 WRs I just named n think a case could be made that they as well as Terry Mac have been hurt by shitty QB play. But be that as it may. Where ol' Freddy has TM ranked is a #1 WR spot.

I'm not against the Skins getting a WR better suited to be a #1 moreso than Terry Mac. Looking at the team as a whole though. Thedre are multiple positions on boty sides of tyhe ball that need for more addressing than acquiring a top tier WR.
OK, let's hear from you on which of the 28 WR1s above him on this list (excluding new draftees) he would supplant as that team's WR1. Trust me, I tried and even when I gave all tie-breakers to Terry, or incorporated a bit of hometown favoritism, I still can't honestly rank him above a mid-grade WR1 ( in that 15, 16, 17 range). That's just me though, I'll wait for your ranking.
SN: it also might be fun to hear from our fellow posters on this topic and how they rank him in relation to other WR1s in the league.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, let's hear from you on which of the 28 WR1s above him on this list (excluding new draftees) he would supplant as that team's WR1. Trust me, I tried and even when I gave all tie-breakers to Terry, or incorporated a bit of hometown favoritism, I still can't honestly rank him above a mid-grade WR1 ( in that 15, 16, 17 range). That's just me though, I'll wait for your ranking.
SN: it also might be fun to hear from our fellow posters on this topic and how they rank him in relation to other WR1s in the league.
I initially had him ranked higher than I do now. I've kinda come around to your view on this Sty. However, I am really interested to see what he looks like with a QB such as Daniels this year.

Without checking I am sure there are some WRs above him that don't have a franchise QB either. I'm going to reserve my final opinion on TM until after this year.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I initially had him ranked higher than I do now. I've kinda come around to your view on this Sty. However, I am really interested to see what he looks like with a QB such as Daniels this year.

Without checking I am sure there are some WRs above him that don't have a franchise QB either. I'm going to reserve my final opinion on TM until after this year.
finally having a gm good at his job is great.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved his approach to FA. 1 year deals until he can fill those spots with draft picks.

Guys like Wagner were needed in that locker room.

Draft is TBD.
if wagner has a good year,i see him staying another before getting into coaching here hopefully.