• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks 11/27/13 | 10:30pm

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
third_jersey_logo.jpg
vs.
photo.jpg

at

20130709-sap-center-header.jpg

Game Time: 10:30pm EST/7:30pm PST - FS-West​

KINGS (16-6-3) at SHARKS (15-3-5)

TV: FS-W; CSN-CA

Last 10: Los Angeles 7-0-3; San Jose 5-2-3

Season series: It's the second of five meetings between the Los Angeles Kings and San Jose Sharks. The Kings won 4-3 in overtime at Staples Center on Oct. 30, but L.A. has lost its past six regular-season visits to SAP Center.

Big story: The Sharks and Kings enter the game tied for second in the Pacific Division with 35 points, though San Jose has played two fewer games. Both have games in hand on the first-place Anaheim Ducks.

Team Scope:

Kings: L.A. brings a four-game road winning streak to the Bay area after a tying goal late in regulation and an overtime goal by Anze Kopitar enabled the Kings to steal a 3-2 victory against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday. The Kings won despite giving the Canucks eight power plays thanks to the continued brilliance of backup goaltender Ben Scrivens, who is 5-0-2 in seven starts since taking over after starter Jonathan Quick was injured two weeks ago.

"We're going through a stretch where our big guy's out, and we've got to try and keep our head above it while we do, and that's what Ben's done," coach Darryl Sutter said.

Sharks: San Jose comes in after a three-day break following a 2-1 victory against the New Jersey Devils on Saturday. The Sharks scored both of their goals against the Devils in the first period; they've outscored their opponents 32-12 in the opening 20 minutes this season.

Though his team is 2-for-2 during a five-game homestand and 5-1-1 in its past seven games overall, coach Todd McLellan is concerned enough about his special teams to have devoted extensive time to both during the break. The Sharks are 13th on the power play and 16th on the penalty kill, but both units have been slumping.

"Players just have to be reminded that these are the things we do, this is how we do them," McLellan said Tuesday, according to the San Jose Mercury News. "If the other team can beat us at it, then we'll adjust. But right now, that's not the case. We're beating ourselves in some of those situations."

Who's hot: Scrivens has allowed nine goals in his seven starts since Quick was injured. Kopitar has four points in L.A.'s past four games, including the OT winner against the Canucks. … Sharks captain Joe Thornton has five assists in the past five games. Tyler Kennedy has points in three consecutive games and scored the game-winner against New Jersey.

Injury report: Quick (groin strain) won't be back until late next month. The Kings are also without forwards Matt Frattin and Trevor Lewis (lower body) as well as defenseman Matt Greene (upper body). … The only two players the Sharks are missing are a pair of long-term absentees, forwards Adam Burish (back surgery) and Raffi Torres (knee).

Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks - 11/27/2013

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings Sharks is always a wild game, thinking much of the same tomorrow.

Hope the Kings grit it out and get a win heading into the TG break. Of course I would be happy with a 5-0 butt kicking too, seems like it's been a while since the Kings dished out a game like that.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings Sharks is always a wild game, thinking much of the same tomorrow.

Hope the Kings grit it out and get a win heading into the TG break. Of course I would be happy with a 5-0 butt kicking too, seems like it's been a while since the Kings dished out a game like that.

Kings haven't won a game in San Jose since Game 5 of the 2011 playoffs, so they've lost eight in a row there, the Kings for the psyche need to get a win there tomorrow night - I know the Kings are a good team mentally but getting a win in San Jose would be huge, knowing you can actually win there

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings haven't won a game in San Jose since Game 5 of the 2011 playoffs, so they've lost eight in a row there, the Kings for the psyche need to get a win there tomorrow night - I know the Kings are a good team mentally but getting a win in San Jose would be huge, knowing you can actually win there

Sounds to me like the old "law of averages" is about to catch up with the Sharks. The Kings are overdue for a win up there.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More ammo for my 5-0 drubbing, the Kings are due. I would absolutely LOVE to see that happen and send those fans home severely unhappy.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's move in to 1st place in the Division folks...SharK Dinner sounds good to me :10:

GO KINGS GO!!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More ammo for my 5-0 drubbing, the Kings are due. I would absolutely LOVE to see that happen and send those fans home severely unhappy.

:laugh3: keep dreaming!

Gonna be one hell of a game! bring on the pain pills, ice packs, and bandages after this epic match.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: keep dreaming!

Gonna be one hell of a game! bring on the pain pills, ice packs, and bandages after this epic match.

Yeah, those types of games don't happen too often with a team who is solid. SJ is good, as are the Kings, so I don't expect a blowout either way although it would be nice if LA put one on them.

Having our company Thanksgiving pot luck at the office and then I am out of here. Picking up the crumb snatchers, hitting the grocery store for final items for tomorrow's festivities and then getting things done so I can enjoy the game tonight.

Kings are due for a win in NoCal.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers won....Come on Kings make it an LA night for me...Shark dinner instead of turkey!

GO KINGS GO :yahoo::yahoo:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Kings Go!!!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carts scores 18 seconds into the game!!! 1-0 Kings!!

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA! Beat LA... Beat LA... Beat LA.. Beat L.. Carter scores.. Silence.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Sharks have renamed the "tank" from the HP Pavilion to the SAP Center. Is that in honor of their fans?

Ox

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings lead 1-0 after one period, let's try to limit the shots on goal by the Sharks and get more offensive zone time boys!

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky to get out of that period with a lead. After such a strong start the Kings let the Sharks dictate the play for most of the period. Gotta start taking the body some more and handle the puck better. When you have the puck on your stick in your own end you have to clear the blue line.

Ox

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks tie it at 1-1 - come on Kings, regroup here!