• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Kings at Nashville Predators 12/28/13 | 8:00pm

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Photo from Toronto apparently shows puck crossed the line

YafqZ.png

Looks like a good goal to me, but I can see an argument stating that it isn't over the line. If the puck and the red line are even sharing the same plane by fractions of millimeters it's no goal - it has to entirely be separate from the red line. In this view, I think that argument could be made considering there is a bunch of snow piled up obstructing a clear view of whether or not it crossed the line.

I think in situations like this, a referee should have the option of rescinding their original call. They had views of it going on in the arena and the refs always watch those things; pretty clear in my mind that doubt exists the puck completely crossed the line and maybe a view the referee will see something they missed when they made the original call.

I also feel there should be a "tie goes to the runner" type rule, where if there isn't enough evidence, even on a "goal" call on the ice, it can be overturned and the team just scored on gets it wiped out. The ref shouldn't be dinged either on their ratings charts, they made what they thought was the right call in the heat of the moment.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Scrivens sucks

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S

Not the end of the world, and it's nice to see the annual "December slide" not show up until the last week for once, but the Kings need to win in Chicago and bad Monday night. Not an easy feat either, they have the Kings' number.

Yeah. Going to be tough sledding in Chicago. Not the venue to head into or team to face when you're struggling a bit.

Sucks even more that Bob and Jim won't be calling it since the shitheads at NBC are carrying the game.

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew immediately that puck crossed the line so I wasn't upset at Toronto. Silly Kings losing games.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again Scrivens sucks

I think he has returned to being exactly what he is - a back up - but he and Jones have done a great job in Quick's absence.

However, with Scrivens eating it twice in the last month on GW goals in the last :30 or under (I was at the Calgary game unfortunately) and with Jones getting torched in Dallas for 5 and now having to rebound whoever he plays the next game the first time in his NHL career, this would be a great time for Quick to come back and hold it together. Dumbo or Gnome said they expect him back the first week of January.

Jones has played exceptionally well since his call up, but if he gets the call against Chicago this will be a real test to see how he bounces back and there is extra pressure since the Kings are on the verge of a skid.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has returned to being exactly what he is - a back up - but he and Jones have done a great job in Quick's absence.

However, with Scrivens eating it twice in the last month on GW goals in the last :30 or under (I was at the Calgary game unfortunately) and with Jones getting torched in Dallas for 5 and now having to rebound whoever he plays the next game the first time in his NHL career, this would be a great time for Quick to come back and hold it together. Dumbo or Gnome said they expect him back the first week of January.

Jones has played exceptionally well since his call up, but if he gets the call against Chicago this will be a real test to see how he bounces back and there is extra pressure since the Kings are on the verge of a skid.

The whole team needs to play better in front of them, the last two games they have not played well at all - they need Drew Doughty to be much better and the rest of the defense to pick it up - it's not all goaltending, certainly it can be better these last two games but the whole team needs to play well and bring their A game

I will be glad with Quick comes back though because I know how people are, they're ready to dump him just because the other two guys did so well for about two months, but Quick is the guy and that shouldn't be a question - maybe in the next few weeks once he comes back they might be careful with him but going forward in the future it shouldn't be a question who's the guy

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole team needs to play better in front of them, the last two games they have not played well at all - they need Drew Doughty to be much better and the rest of the defense to pick it up - it's not all goaltending, certainly it can be better these last two games but the whole team needs to play well and bring their A game

The defense was stellar in front of both of them the last 20 games or so, I agree they fell asleep at the wheel against Dallas and Nashville.

I don't think goaltending was the entire issue by any means.

I will be glad with Quick comes back though because I know how people are, they're ready to dump him just because the other two guys did so well for about two months, but Quick is the guy and that shouldn't be a question - maybe in the next few weeks once he comes back they might be careful with him but going forward in the future it shouldn't be a question who's the guy

If people were ready to dump Quick because of how Scrivens and Jones played after a whopping 20 game sample, they are stupid. Quick is a big game goalie who proved it when it mattered and comes up big when needed. These two have a ton left to prove although they have done well overall in his absence.

The contract is a factor too, and most people don't realize that or forget it. It isn't that easy to move a $5.5+ million player, especially one who's signed for the next decade (look at Luongo before he was embraced again by Vanloser) and very rarely has there been a back up goaltender making that much money (Luongo again, and further back Joseph when Hasek retired and unretired but the Wings signed him to that retarded contract in the meantime. I think they had $20 million tied up in Hasek, Joseph and Osgood).

Quick is the guy here and will be for a long time, if anyone thought Jones or Scrivens was going to dethrone him no matter how well they played they need a reality check.