• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking 4 something to be excited about. Any new rumours?

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Doob, leadership is something he does provide. The Bolts may miss it but they have Marty to fill those shoes. Vinny is still very talented, maybe the change in teams will return his drive.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Doob, leadership is something he does provide. The Bolts may miss it but they have Marty to fill those shoes. Vinny is still very talented, maybe the change in teams will return his drive.

I think it's one of those situations where the Lightning had to move on and will probably be a better team because of it while the Flyers added a missing component which should make them a better team as well. This is one of those situation where it seems as if everyone is better off than last year.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sayin' I can't criticize any of the parties in how they handled the Lacavalier situation. Lightning needed to get rid of Vinny (he was making too much money), also with the Lighting going younger Vinny didn't fit in anymore and needed to go to a team where he could once again be a leader. I think the Flyers needed an experienced leader and got that. It's sort of a win-win for everyone.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, I Shall Return, Vinny was never the same after that shot by Matt Cooke. But Doobee can now root against Cooke for he has signed with the Oilers. I still think Shanahan missed the call on Cooke when he stepped on Karlsson's ankle and severed his Achilles tendon.

Last edited by a moderator:

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolt it's a shame too, Cooke really ended what could have been a really brilliant career. I really believe that Vinny is quite a special & talented player. A truly not selfish player. Cooke will get what he dishes out eventually. What goes around, comes around. Vinny has done a lot for our Tamp Bay area. I love what he does for All Childrens Hospital. May God bless Vinny, I miss him already. Good man.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow , just looked it up and as near as I can tell Vinny is a - 120 for his career. Thats awful , I had no idea it was that bad. It was the early years he was so bad though.
Bolt you need to remember Vinny had a lot of bad ownership groups in tampa for most of his career. Really other then Bulin the lightning have never really had a great goaltender. I see Vinny doing well in philly but he was never the same player after matt cooke hurt his shoulder. Vinny used to have a really hard shot and really quick hands and he lost a step after matt cooke hurt him.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect your opinion but I still don't see where Murray would fit in? He's a 5th or 6th defenseman at best and with our top 4 projected to feature Hedman, Salo, Carle and Gudas, that leaves Brewer and Aulie as our 5th and 6th defenseman. In my opinion Brewer all-around is better than Murray and Aulie is essentially a young Douglas Murray type who will continuously get better as shown last year. My question is, when they gonna announce the captain of the Bolts?

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its coming Danny, and my guess is Stamkos in an attempt to keep him here. Making the playoffs is the biggest priority for him though. A player of his caliber wants to go down in history as a great playoff player. He played well in 2011, but has not been back since.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's either Stamkos or St.Louis but whose it to be? I don't know, I think giving the 'C' to Stamkos at this point make not change that much regarding his future. Stamkos in my opinion is going to want to be a part of a winning team, that is the big selling point and I think this team is close to being one once the youth has developed in a couple years time. I think St.Louis should be the 'C' but i'm only giving him a slight edge over Stamkos. I just think for all the work his put forth for this organization, he deserves wear to the 'C'. The reason i'm only giving him a slight edge over Stamkos is because your going to give Marty the 'C' and then in 2 or 3 years, your going to give It Stamkos to wear for the long term, you might as well give it Stammer know but in saying that I have the upmost respect for Marty. He's been through thick and thin, he's show 100% class throughout it all both on and off the ice and I just think with all the youth coming to Tampa, what a perfect Captain to look up to.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right Danny its a tossup and I'd have no problem with either one they are both deserving.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny, I agree completely with your post. Marty is such a talented, hard working player and is so down to earth about it. Definitely not an arrogant player! He is a natural mentor. However, like Bolt, I am definitely good with either choice.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to post in red when following one of Bolt's posts. We'd look patriotic! :)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would for sure make Martin St Louis the captain. No disrespect to Stamkos who is obviously one of the top players in the league, but Martin St Louis has been with the organization for a long time, was a major factor in their Cup run, and even led the league in scoring last season. Not to mention how great he works with the younger players on the team. I think Martin St Louis should've actually been the captain over Vinny Lacavalier all these years. St Louis for sure my choice to be the new captain of the Lightning, it honestly seems like the obvious choice even tho they got a player like Stamkos.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shall return, ever since I found out I could post in color I've been doing it. Not because it stands out but I just like it and I chose Blue for the color of the Bolts. Try Red.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hum not bad, Or this,or this, Or green is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shall return, ever since I found out I could post in color I've been doing it. Not because it stands out but I just like it and I chose Blue for the color of the Bolts. Try Red.

Hum not bad, Or this,or this, Or green is nice.

I personally like the blue font better. I would just stick to the blue font, it's part of the Lightning's color scheme so it works.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bolt, I love the colour in the posts & love the reason you chose Lightning blue! I wasn't picking on it, rather just making a statement that I always forget about posting in colour. I usually remember after I finish posting. :doh:

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that looks pretty cool doobee

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Had some trouble at first but I felt I got the hang of it as I kept working on it.