• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL, what the hell's been up with the past week

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I understand why it would be tough to pick a hometown team growing up in Florida in the early '80s, but I respectfully disagree. He may not get to see any Braves games in person, but he sure as hell isn't seeing any Phillies games either. Choosing to like the Phillies because they were good in the early '80s is no different to me than growing up in Utah in the late '90s and liking the Yankees because they were good. And even if you settled on the Phils, I don't like how you became a Marlins fan, and then became a D-Backs fan, and conveniently got to see both teams win a World Series (joking). Then you moved to PA and looped back to the Phillies. And I'm confused on how the Red Sox got thrown into the mix.

I will conclude this post by saying that you are a grown man, Caligula, and you can follow/root for whatever team(s) you want to. You obviously don't need my approval to like a team. I disagree with which teams you chose to like, but thankfully you are now a Phillies fan-and that's all that matters.

I had a buddy back in AZ that lived and died with the Sox. I found it fascinating as there wasn't any hard core baseball fans in Florida. So, after the 2003 season, watching my buddy, yet again, agonize over a disappointing season, I decided to follow the Sox for a full season. They won the world series that year.

I sent an email to my friend that said:

I don't know what you've been complaining about this entire time, but that was fun. Looking forward to them winning it again next year!

He replied:

Oh, fuck you man. You don't even know! There have been entire generations of Sox fans that haven't seen this. You'll probably never see it again in your life time.

I sent him a reminder of that in 2007. He responded with something along the lines of "why didn't you start following this team 20 years ago?!"

We joke that I should rent my sports following services out to teams like the Cubs, Pirates, Indians, and the Detroit Lions.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a buddy back in AZ that lived and died with the Sox. I found it fascinating as there wasn't any hard core baseball fans in Florida. So, after the 2003 season, watching my buddy, yet again, agonize over a disappointing season, I decided to follow the Sox for a full season. They won the world series that year.

I sent an email to my friend that said:

I don't know what you've been complaining about this entire time, but that was fun. Looking forward to them winning it again next year!

He replied:

Oh, fuck you man. You don't even know! There have been entire generations of Sox fans that haven't seen this. You'll probably never see it again in your life time.

I sent him a reminder of that in 2007. He responded with something along the lines of "why didn't you start following this team 20 years ago?!"

We joke that I should rent my sports following services out to teams like the Cubs, Pirates, Indians, and the Detroit Lions.

Lol that's funny. Why didn't your magical powers work on this great 2013 Phillies team???

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol that's funny. Why didn't your magical powers work on this great 2013 Phillies team???

I can only do so much. The 2008 world series win and the 2009 word series appearance was my gift to the Philly fan base. After that, Reuben went full retard.

When I move to the Seattle area in the next 5-10 year, Looks for a resurgence in the Mariners and Trailblazers.

Unless the Royals finally break down and return my calls.