• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Loki for Ruutu??

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou makes it sound as if we got a tough guy....

Funny...I thought we needed offensive skilled scorers rather than more blue collar

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Apparently Carolina is eating some of his salary, how much has not yet been revealed

That makes significantly more sense than the trade described when it happened. Guys like Ruutu are a dime a dozen and he's the highest paid out of all of them.

I'm still annoyed because Lou picked up a Pete player (low skill, tries hard) when he should be leaving Pete behind.

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Will wait and see how much Carolina picks up in terms of money before I completely trash this deal

But regardless, the last player we needed was another 3rd liner.

Not surprised we didn't land Vanek or Moulson, but this trade adds no value to this club.

I'm more aggravated with not moving a few defensemen. Now Larrson stays in the AHL the rest of the season?

What the hell is Lou thinking?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We'll see what the salary retained is. I would be surprised if it was more than $1M/ season, really surprised, but we'll see.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Want further proof how much we got hosed in this deal? We are battling Carolina for a playoff spot and they swing this deal with us? Gee don't do us any favors!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
HFboards is reporting 20% retained by Carolina, so it's about a $1M savings I think.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got prison-fucked on this deal. This means no Vanek,no Cammalieri and probably no playoffs. Lou GTFO ffs.

Out of moribund curiosity how does this deal effect any of those other possibilities which BTW where never on the table for the Devils?

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get it at all. Why not Kessler or Vanek or at least Moulson?
Lou needs to retire a.s.a.p.

Again this move has nothing to do with players of that caliber.

My disappointment is not dumping a D man (Preferably atrain or Sal maybe Harrold (although he's cheap))

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a move that didn't have to be made plain and simple

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carolina retains 20%. It should come to $3.8 mil cap hit.

Not too bad of a deal. Its on par with Zubrus who I think could be a good equivalent for Ruutu.

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Whats the point of having Zubrus, Ruutu and Clowe all on the same team?

The team desperately needs an elite offensive player that makes everyone around him better and they don't grow on trees. And committing money to these big, mediocre players only ties up the money they should be spending on a potential 8 million per year player.

That's my point.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here is how I see it. I accepted the fact 2 weeks ago that the Devils will not be sellers. First of all, you have half the team with NTC, and then you have guys like Jagr saying he doesn't want to be traded and if he does, he is going home. Lou states he is not selling and Marty was not bringing home prospects and 1st round picks.

I decided to just root for this team, knowing they are going for it.

Loki disappointed this season. Ruutu is not a savior, however he is a huge pain in the ass to play against. This is not the worst trade of all time here.
Carolina is biting the salary too.

Nobody thinks this trade is the move of the century, but its not like Loki showed much promise. Remember, Lou is going for the playoffs. Who do you want right now, Loki or Ruutu?
Forget the past and the future. Think now. Then this move makes more sense.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I will also say this. Even though I made a joke in the other thread, the St Louis trade is good for NY, right now. They realize Henrik is aging. That team can be dangerous in the playoffs, especially if Hank stands on his head.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't like about this deal is the fact that we traded a young player (Loki was 23) with a +2 this season +\- and a -2 for his career for a guy in his 30s that is -19 this season and -61 career. How is this helping ANYTHING we need? I just don't get it.. but the Lou kool aid drinks will defend it like they always do.... other teams address their teams needs... our GM gets older guys that may have done something 5 years ago, but nothing to make a run this year....

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20% off 4.5 mil/yr is 0.9 mil. 3.6 mil cap hit. I wish it would be < 3 mil. But Lou is Lou. He can't think clearly. He was saying that we need offensive help and did nothing to improve it.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ruutu 5 years ago is certainly better then loki. right now its an even wash. so i ask again why even make this trade? esp if this was a salary dump by carolina did lou really feel the need to just throw in a 3rd round pick to sweeten the pot? those who don't think 3rds are important i agree with you but you dont just go and throw it away like this.

heck i wanted this team to be sellers. we wont fix this mess until that day finally comes when we realize just being in a playoff race isn't the same thing as being a cup contender. this team makes the 8th seed they will get bounced in the 1st round. is that what we are rooting for now? just making playoffs? why not take a year or two off and regroup and come back while cory is still young and in his prime? or are we going to just be a fringe playoff team much like the early 90s and get bounced in the 1st round year after year?

even a loki/ruutu straight up with the canes eating salary is a bad deal. it just isn't what you do tying up money and roster space with a 31 year old who can't score! on a team with zubrus and clowe already. this isn't the dead puck era anymore. we don't need a crash line. we need speed youth and scoring!

seeing a move like this i wonder if cory is like WTF!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are paying 20% of it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06