• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Loki for Ruutu??

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wanted to be sellers too but realized there was no chance Lou would sell.
Devil fans think we should have gotten Vanek or Kesler. I knew that would never happen. We just don't have the players other teams are looking for, plus half the team has a NTC. And draft picks? None to throw out.
The NTC, not having a first round pick this season, yes, falls on Lou.
If this team fails to make the playoffs, Lou will be heavily blamed. We will have all summer to blame him and write posts about it.

FYI, yesterday, I didnt realize how young Loki was. For some reason, I thought he was like 27. So that pisses me off a bit more. Yes, there was no need to throw out a 3rd.

I think Lou made this trade because Ruutu > Loki right now if this team makes the playoffs.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Pick up. He will help.

Is he going to be a constant threat to score? Provides a wristet or slap shot? Will burn defenses on breakaways? Is his puck handling above average?

Can he pinch in a goal or help contribute when needed?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
my biggest worry about this deal is we are fighting the canes for the same playoff spot against the same teams. any argument that he is a positive for the devils and any playoff action would go the same for the canes. yet they seem pretty easy letting him go to a rival team. yet we got the better end of this deal somehow?

@calamity ruutu will get the puck on his stick and a chance to tie the game he will probably miss it because hes a 3rd line grunt player who on this roster will be thrown into a 2nd line 2nd pp role. its a shame that he will be given the chance to score that game tying goal instead of someone with skill

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my biggest worry about this deal is we are fighting the canes for the same playoff spot against the same teams. any argument that he is a positive for the devils and any playoff action would go the same for the canes. yet they seem pretty easy letting him go to a rival team. yet we got the better end of this deal somehow?

@calamity ruutu will get the puck on his stick and a chance to tie the game he will probably miss it because hes a 3rd line grunt player who on this roster will be thrown into a 2nd line 2nd pp role. its a shame that he will be given the chance to score that game tying goal instead of someone with skill

You mean someone skilled like Stephen Gionta who just scored the game winner in the closing seconds 2 nights ago?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol he did. off a deflection which was nice but problem with deflections its sorta luck of the draw. could've easily deflected it wide.

now if he took it and went top shelf on him i would say yeah some skill!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm obviously clouded by the "what have you done for me lately" mindset, but my initial reaction is that Ruutu has already been directly involved with helping this team win through 3 games, than Loki all season.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If nothing else he's noticeable out there. If he's not scoring he's hitting people. I know the cliche "energy" guy gets thrown around a lot but I think he can get other guys going.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i like rutuu better then loki but i'm going to hate this trade come next year when hes eating up a roster spot that we could use to bring someone else in. we'll see what happens though