• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions vs. Browns 2013 never forget

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush is not the Bush who played at NO and MIA, he is a step slower.

What the hell have you been watching? Bush looks much better then when he played for those teams. He used to rely just on speed, now he has vision and patience too. He blew right around the corner on 1 play like everyone was standing still.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team still can't tackle. Still can't defend a dump-off pass. The o-line might be as bad as I originally feared.

Yup. Cant stop the run no matter who we put out there. This scheme is too easy to beat. Hoping it was a smokescreen to look like last years team, but I don't think so.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell have you been watching? Bush looks much better then when he played for those teams. He used to rely just on speed, now he has vision and patience too. He blew right around the corner on 1 play like everyone was standing still.

He's watching the box score. They don't show the actual game in Thailand for another 14 hours.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start any fantasy TE that plays against this defense. We don't have a LB on the roster that can cover anyone.

ding, ding, ding -- we have a winner. another statement i made that was met with the wrath of TP as being the guy who was always negative.

it is good to see others see my side of the discussion regarding the team and realize it is not that I am Mr. Negative -- it is just that I speak my mind on issues regarding the team.

maybe now -- others will understand, it isn't a bad thing to talk about the problems with the team and it doesn't make you less of a fan.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright -- i didn't get to see a single snap tonight and from the comments on here, it sounds like it may have been a good thing.

i did look at the box score -- how does Cleveland complete like 80% of their passes for 3 touchdowns? YIKES. that is ugly. glad these games don't count for anything.

Lions fans fully understand -- the preseason means absolutely nothing, as they went 4-0 in the preseason, then followed it up by going winless in the regular season, a couple years ago.

I said that same thing to a friend, it doesn't mean shit. But you still get a glimpse of the team to come. And the Browns' D is impressive

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that same thing to a friend, it doesn't mean shit. But you still get a glimpse of the team to come. And the Browns' D is impressive

shane -- honestly -- the only glimpse you get to see in preseason is the basics. teams just want to get thru the preseason healthy.

you will get a nice look at how your OL performs, how your team tackles or how CBs handle man coverage. Other than that -- you are just getting vanilla looks from both teams, with the majority of the game being played by backups

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Carey blew every play the TE caught. Cut him and bring back Silva, anybody. Carey is worthless.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Carey blew every play the TE caught. Cut him and bring back Silva, anybody. Carey is worthless.

Carey is OK for a backup, but he is better against the run then the pass. None of the back 7 looked very good. Carey was not much worse then any of them. Bentley might have been worst. I am hoping maybe they move Myron Lewis to Safety. Give him a shot at covering the TE. Our LBs are so bad we should just use the nickel as our base. Heck, the 46 would make the most sense with our personnel.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our #1 offense is 0-2 this preseason. That is something to panic about...OL is pathetic...we have CJ and that is it...Broyles...Burleson...Edwards...they do not start on any other team in this league with the way they have played in these 2 games...Our back 7 has to be the worse in football. Yes...we can panic.

Lions #1 offense has not been on the field for a game yet!! In September when the best 11 hit the turf. I will judge then. Considering I have the Lions going 8-8 or 7-9 and missing the playoffs, You can not accuse me being sunshiner either.

Had the total oppisite happened in both games....both O and D and ST look impressive. You wouldn't see me in SUper Bowl mode either.

Principal you can panic. The Lions winning or losing have yet to affect my well being.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping maybe they move Myron Lewis to Safety. Give him a shot at covering the TE. Our LBs are so bad we should just use the nickel as our base. Heck, the 46 would make the most sense with our personnel.

OLD SCHOOL!!!

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Pettigrew in midseason form last night. Just saying.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
week 2 Swarm report:

Pros:

* D-line is good (three 1st round draft picks, they should be).
* Stafford still hasn't taken any big hits.

Cons:

* Stafford has zero chemistry with his other WR's not named Calvin.
* The OLB's are a liability
* Don Carey is an abomination to our planet.

If this game in any indication of what is to come, then the D line is going to make or break this defense. When the D line doesn't disrupt the QB, our back seven looks hopeless against the pass. Don Carey isn't a starter, but he's the FS when Delmas is injured. The outside linebackers and their back ups are also huge liabilities. So much so I'd list OLB as the top priority going into the draft next year. We literally have nobody out there.

I didn't see it RobBase. Not in this game. No 3rd down pressures, and Browns running backs averaged 5 yards per carry.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see it RobBase. Not in this game. No 3rd down pressures, and Browns running backs averaged 5 yards per carry.

When the Richardson was in there, the D line did well plugging him up. He has that one really nice run that was all him, but it was still a nice play by the D. Ansah and Fairley especially do great getting off their blocks and crashing to the RB. Ansah looks like a vet out there with his instincts.

Suh had a pressure that resulted in an incomplete pass but he went too far and got flagged if I'm remembering right. I thought they had nice pressure on the QB, but Bentley and Carey could not keep up with anyone, so Weeden was getting the ball out fast. Very frustrating. We've drafted 4 linebackers and 4 corners the past couple years and they all suck!

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've drafted 4 linebackers and 4 corners the past couple years and they all suck!
:agree: and that says it all right there.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh had a pressure that resulted in an incomplete pass but he went too far
and got flagged if I'm remembering right.
I remember that play b/c our D-lineman had blown up the middle and got shoved in the back and flew to the ground, which caused Old-Man Weeden to scramble to the right. Bullshit that it didn't get called.

Plus, did anyone else notice the head ref looked legit retarded out there?

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, did anyone else notice the head ref looked legit retarded out there?

That was Principal.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Pettigrew in midseason form last night. Just saying.

LMAO

Pettidrops picking up right where he left off last year, It's not only that he drops passes and has no RAC ability. It's that he drops them on the first drive regularly and kills all the Lions momentum to start games.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright -- i didn't get to see a single snap tonight and from the comments on here, it sounds like it may have been a good thing.

i did look at the box score -- how does Cleveland complete like 80% of their passes for 3 touchdowns? YIKES. that is ugly. glad these games don't count for anything.

Lions fans fully understand -- the preseason means absolutely nothing, as they went 4-0 in the preseason, then followed it up by going winless in the regular season, a couple years ago.

All you missed out on was the Lions defense making Weeden look like Matt Flynn, err I mean and elite QB.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-Line looked pretty good, the other 40+ players looked like shit. That game alone dropped my season prediction from 7-9 to 6-10.....Maybe they can redeem themselves next week in a full dress rehearsal.