• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions vs Bills

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said no Stafford bashing this week for me. Heard some key drops and OL sucked balls and Stafford never had a chance to do what he has done all season. Actually he drove them three times and kicking game let them down.

My list
Kicking
OL
Untimely penalties again
Stafford.

I'm a Stafford supporter and all, but his accuracy was horrible this game. He wasn't the primary reason we lost, but he didn't step up and win the game when we had plenty of chances. One TD from the offense does not equal a good game from the QB.

He made some plays and wasn't horrible overall, but he sure didn't have his "A" game today. I definitely have to acknowledge the awful O-line play, though. That certainly was a big factor for Stafford all day.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this board.

Seems it is more on the delivery of posts that people pay attention to.

Not the substance.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting any of this on the D is delusional.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy Im not defending Stafford as if he didnt play bad but you guys are rediculous to the point I'm not sure we're all watching the same game. His o-line sucked bad put there and he had no time. How is it that he's not allowed to miss a damn pass around here? Our kicker misses 3 critical FGs and yet we blame Stafford? Our great defense allowed Orton 300 yards and we blame Stafford? Yeah ok.

Who is you guys? Many have blamed others not just Stafford. Quit cherry picking.

Fuck I have seen OL and Kicking game numerous times

Stafford sucked right along side the whole team today. Martin may have been only facet of the game today to produce.

Sammy looked good though.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run game was stuffed and many of those yards were in last two drives. Defense played awesome all game and should never be questioned on performance. Shit did you want them to win it alone?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy still dropped some balls but he looked better recently. Should be better with Orton.

Despite running out of gas in the 4th quarter, the defense played well enough to win. The offense sucked all around except for Tate.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still didn't see Slay shy away from contact. Thought he got away with a PI though.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Stafford supporter and all, but his accuracy was horrible this game. He wasn't the primary reason we lost, but he didn't step up and win the game when we had plenty of chances. One TD from the offense does not equal a good game from the QB.

He made some plays and wasn't horrible overall, but he sure didn't have his "A" game today. I definitely have to acknowledge the awful O-line play, though. That certainly was a big factor for Stafford all day.

Putrid play from all on offense except Tate maybe. Period. No defending or twisting. Bills rushed four all game and hammered us.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense was atrocious. That Line is awful though

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this board.

Seems it is more on the delivery of posts that people pay attention to.

Not the substance.

Seems to be a lot of people who can't agree to disagree. They love to give their opinion, but if you dare make a counter argument they get their panties in a bunch. Apparently this isn't supposed to be a discussion board, but rather a place where someone posts an opinion of theirs and anyone who agrees can post encouragement...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still didn't see Slay shy away from contact. Thought he got away with a PI though.

He is actually playing way better than I expected. Seems man coverage is his strong suite. Glad Mayhew fucked up and drafted a man cover guy for a zone scheme last year. He is good for Austin's scheme.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I thought the defense was fantastic against the run and average against the pass. Where are our DEs? How do you let Watkins convert that huge play late? Im sure the coaches are saying the same thing.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be a lot of people who can't agree to disagree. They love to give their opinion, but if you dare make a counter argument they get their panties in a bunch. Apparently this isn't supposed to be a discussion board, but rather a place where someone posts an opinion of theirs and anyone who agrees can post encouragement...

Pot calling kettle black here...

Are you going to call me douchebag now?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pot calling kettle black here...

Are you going to call me douchebag now?

I'm not the one (of several) saying I'm not posting for "x" amount of time. I give my opinion, and will defend it, but I don't get bent out of shape if people don't agree.

I think you're making an assumption based on the way I attack inflammatory posts like those that Muzzer and the former bouncer man are/were so found of. I think that shit is stupid and juvenile. When it comes to actual football talk I'm all game, I won't always agree, but if someone is offering a logical debate (i.e. something other than"he's bad because he sucks") I'm all for it. That's kind of the idea around here.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D gives up 17 because a guy makes a 20 yard highlight reel catch and another drills last second 58 yarder. Yeah, they were the problem.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whole def. front was washed out on that 2-pt. conversion by Jackson. If the Lions have the lead there, vs tied, maybe outcome is different. Bills controlled the T.O.P. for 4th qtr. Mathis had no business being 1 on 1 against Watkins when he caught that bobble to himself at Lions 40 with less 40 secs to go. Lions offense inability to convert on 3rd down. run game still sucks, O-Line cannot block anyone worth a shit. Stafford looked rattled and had little time but his throws were off-target many times. both PK'ers this year suck. Def looked demoralized late 4th qtr to me after the tied game. On to next week. Lots to fix. Blame goes all around. Stafford still looks the same, frazzled. 1 good game then 1 bad, then 3 so-so games. Lombardi has work to do and so does O-Line coach. Screw the injuries. next man up but not here on offense. CJ gets that low ball thrown to him and gets his ankle trucked, again

Last edited by a moderator:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ^. I think the D got fooled on that 2 pointer. Orton had em thinking pass.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like this defense.. If they had one or two more decent DBs they would be nearly elite.. A QB will eventually get his yards if your offense is punting or turning the ball over as much as the Lions were today..

Some of those sacks today were either on Stafford not finding anyone and holding on the ball too long, or the receivers simply not getting open.. The O-Line wasn't great, but I saw a couple of huge holes and a few plays were Stafford had all day and simply nothing happened.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not here to slam the Lions. Just dissapointed. Big time :gaah:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D gives up 17 because a guy makes a 20 yard highlight reel catch and another drills last second 58 yarder. Yeah, they were the problem.

Agreed.

13 teams actually average worse then 355 every game and 5 more average about that. That means we would be 14th in yardage. Only 3 other teams average less than 17 points against. The defense was still better than average and will still be ranked number 1 in yardage after this week and top 3 in pts against.

Not to mention they scored a fucking TD.

Seriously people need to get off the defense is not good crap.