• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lions seek revenge for Lombardi: battle NO on MNF

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of highlights, I was surprised to see Ellerbe did not tear something on Riddicks highlight play.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Lions probably have the best team out of all them. Still garbage though.

I have an feeling they are going to keep the coaching staff. Austin is legit and Cooterballs seems to be pretty solid. Lombardi, Mini-Millen and the drunk were the dead weight.

All the more reason Gase should be the next HC. The OC and DC are getting big leads early. No way Gase takes his foot off the gas like Caldwell does in that situation. Plus he can help Cooter become a wiz.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the more reason Gase should be the next HC. The OC and DC are getting big leads early. No way Gase takes his foot off the gas like Caldwell does in that situation. Plus he can help Cooter become a wiz.

So it's becoming very obvious who OL is wanting. Just don't go all Gase is the Whiz on us. That just means he gets fired mid season.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's becoming very obvious who OL is wanting. Just don't go all Gase is the Whiz on us. That just means he gets fired mid season.

naaahhh. I am still open to others as well, but so far Gase is first for me if we keep both coordinators.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
naaahhh. I am still open to others as well, but so far Gase is first for me if we keep both coordinators.

I'm Fairley LeShoure Caldwell will keep his job.

I go back and forth on whether he stays. Just can't tell with the Fords.

Someone said it, and I have to agree that Caldwell is the consevative one. First half game plans are very aggressive. Come out same way to start second half and then it goes ultra conservative.

Wish I knew who it was? It would be a huge factor in my thoughts going forward on the three of them.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is really pissing me off. Get a big lead and then get super conservative on both offense and defense. Story of the last 6 games. I am convinced he is interfering with his coordinators game plans in the second half of games. I saw some zone defenses in the second half that were ridiculous like 3rd and 2 situations

Martha needs to stand next to Caldwell at the start of the 3rd quarter with a jockey whip in her hands. If he starts to take his foot off the gas, she whacks his pee pee.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Fairley LeShoure Caldwell will keep his job.

I go back and forth on whether he stays. Just can't tell with the Fords.

I'm more with gandy on this one, but I amend his second sentence to say 'just can't tell with Martha'. With the specific moves she's made so far, tells me this isn't her first rodeo. I could see her promoting Austin.

And I don't think this thread can close without smitty commenting on AA's and JB's fumbles. I need closure.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't matter who the coach is next year.

If we don't have a healthy RB who can be counted to carry without fumbling, winning a playoff game won't happen.

(AA can return kicks and Theos understudy. We could still win with that. He's no lead RB.)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell should be done. Hard for me to see the need in keeping that contract around another year.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flash forward. 2098. Smitty on his deathbed. He can't recognize anyone in the room.

But he remembers where he was when he found out the Lions released Joique Bell.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martha needs to stand next to Caldwell at the start of the 3rd quarter with a jockey whip in her hands. If he starts to take his foot off the gas, she whacks his pee pee.

Damn you. Now I will have this visual of Martha in buttless leather chaps on Caldwells back with a whip and spurs. I guess it could be worse.