• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions looking good!

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey imagine that..a fan from another team comes over here and classes up the joint, bears fans could learn from this, good luck to gb as well this season altho i dont think they will need it. They are the team to beat.

Anyone who can't admit that the Lions are for REAL and continue to berate them, are merely masking their fear and worry. The Lions are for real, and they've earned this respect from me and other fans I've talked to as well.

Besides, it's fun to talk football with fans of other teams when it doesn't get stupid and childish. As long as I could remember, Lions fans were the only divisional teams fans I could actually have a decent football conversation with. Bears and Vikings fans were so full of pent-up hate for the Packers that any conversations with them usually degraded to middle-school name calling and other BS. I'm sure Vikings and Bears fans say the same thing about us Packers fan, so it works both ways.

I enjoy talking football with you folks - here's to a great game on Sunday!!!

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... early bye may be a blessing for Packers.

Packers practice Wednesday...
Practiced>
- Lacy, Franklin, Finley, Burnett, J. Bush all full practice. Will help having Burnett on defense for first time this year.

Still out>
- Matthews and Hayward - if those 2 do not play on Sunday could be long day for our defense.

I suspect Shields will be manned up with Megatron with help. He did good job on AJ Green, but Megatron is better IMO. Suh and Fairley in the middle is going to be a tall order for Sitton/EDS/Lang on Sunday for Packers. Fairley really dominated Packers last year.

If Packers lose this game I do not see them winning the division... think at best they can be is wildcard which would still be very possible. But 2 1/2 games back of Lions and Lions already 3-0 in division would be big hurdle.

:agree: on all of your points!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we are looking good so far??? IMO this will be first big test for our DB's. AR is first elite QB they have faced this year. The Packer WR core is deep!! To me this will be a huge sign for the rest of year.

The Packers young OL vs. Lion front four will determine how the game goes. Just my opinion...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packer fans are usually pretty cool. They're not insecure like the Jan Brady Bears, and they aren't crazy and rowdy like inbreeding like Vikings fans. It helps that the Lions have never beaten them. Hopefully that changes Sunday.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we are looking good so far??? IMO this will be first big test for our DB's. AR is first elite QB they have faced this year. The Packer WR core is deep!! To me this will be a huge sign for the rest of year.

The Packers young OL vs. Lion front four will determine how the game goes. Just my opinion...

Absolutely! If GB can't protect Rodgers, and he's on his back the entire game, they're screwed! This worries me, yes. Rodgers MUST get the ball out quickly this game, and we must be able to run the ball with some degree of success.

What's great about this game, is I think it will give fans of both teams a real adequate litmus test about what we have, and possibly where each team is headed this season.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who can't admit that the Lions are for REAL and continue to berate them, are merely masking their fear and worry. The Lions are for real, and they've earned this respect from me and other fans I've talked to as well.

Besides, it's fun to talk football with fans of other teams when it doesn't get stupid and childish. As long as I could remember, Lions fans were the only divisional teams fans I could actually have a decent football conversation with. Bears and Vikings fans were so full of pent-up hate for the Packers that any conversations with them usually degraded to middle-school name calling and other BS. I'm sure Vikings and Bears fans say the same thing about us Packers fan, so it works both ways.

Yes when I wear my Lions attire in the south at work people always talk...

Decent conversation was easy for us fans. Truly was not much we could be cocky about.

Don't worry we have some douche nozzles here also, before it is said and done on Sunday they will show up!!!!

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packer fans are usually pretty cool. They're not insecure like the Jan Brady Bears, and they aren't crazy and rowdy like inbreeding like Vikings fans. It helps that the Lions have never beaten them. Hopefully that changes Sunday.

It also helps that the Lions organization isn't trying to lure away, or pick up all of our free agents every year for the past two decades either, LOL!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also helps that the Lions organization isn't trying to lure away, or pick up all of our free agents every year for the past two decades either, LOL!

We did have some interest in barnett but glad we didnt sign him.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes when I wear my Lions attire in the south at work people always talk...

Decent conversation was easy for us fans. Truly was not much we could be cocky about.

Don't worry we have some douche nozzles here also, before it is said and done on Sunday they will show up!!!!

Im already here gandy

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, im not even sold on the lions. I think this sunday should really clear up in my mind whether they are a pretender or a contender. They are definitely an improved squad from last year and 2011 and the beginning of 2013 shows how impossible they are to defend with an explosie running back. Yeah, i dont get the name calling etc, i just attribute it to the inabilit to rein in your emotions in an online environment. I mean, really? I usually end up avoiding those folks end every fan base has them. Its just nice to see a fan of another team make an original post that isnt a straigh up troll attempt then run back to his board to cry. Was that too specific? He has probably been on your board as well.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, im not even sold on the lions. I think this sunday should really clear up in my mind whether they are a pretender or a contender. They are definitely an improved squad from last year and 2011 and the beginning of 2013 shows how impossible they are to defend with an explosie running back. Yeah, i dont get the name calling etc, i just attribute it to the inabilit to rein in your emotions in an online environment. I mean, really? I usually end up avoiding those folks end every fan base has them. Its just nice to see a fan of another team make an original post that isnt a straigh up troll attempt then run back to his board to cry. Was that too specific? He has probably been on your board as well.

I think you've turned a corner, IMO. Bush looks legit, and your team 'appears' to be playing more disciplined football.

I know the poster you're referring to quite well from our days over on the ESPN board and even now here at SportsHoopla. He certainly speaks his mind, and as long as he doesn't act like a total doosh about it, I usually can get into a decent enough football conversation with him. In the case you're referring to, I guess that's an issue between him and the Lions.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are looking very good and it will come down to how we handle Bush and if Matthews plays. Burnett, Lacy and Finley being back is a HUGE plus but this game will be all about defense. I hope we can pull it out as we are 6-1 after a bye under McCarthy and I will have a few Lions fans coming to my house for the game. I really don't want to hear any guff from them in my own house if we lose lol. If it happens though mad props as you guys are playing good.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im already here gandy

That is other peeps feelings... You do not bother me. Some people don't like honest opinions. I don't always agree sir, but yours definitely come from the heart. Some kids have not endured the long heart ache as others here!!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its practically a must win for GB. Home teams have a high win percentage when coming off a bye week. Lions will be trying to buck some serious odds. If we pull this one out it will tell us that this team knows how to win the big games. A loss means we have work to do but not out of it by any means.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packerzrule/Lebowski is a cool Packer fan, known him for years over on the CBS boards. I might just drop by the Packers board on game day to get a shot in on him.....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10::agree: Was just about to post this. The fact Smitty stayed inside his cardboard box... Definitely knew the Packer fan was classy.

All football..... All day 'round here Gandy. All day! You're makin' me blush laker. Keep it up and muzz might have to turn this bus around.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight.

We're all going to sit in a circle and sing 'kumbaya' instead of calling each other dirty bastards that obviously know nothing about football?

Grail would love this setting.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't there some ponies you should be betting on....... You dirty bastard!?! (I didn't know if that was still a question, so I put some !!'s in there. ). Looks like the weather is turning for the worse, snow in the Dakotas. Curly's place could get nasty.