• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions looking good!

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Lion fans,

Just dropping in to say that your team has looked fairly impressive this year - especially last week against the Bears. Holy crap Reggie Bush looks phenomenal! You now have a two-headed monster on offense with a well balanced run/throw attack. And your defense looks dang good also, with good pressure from the Dline and very good play from your safeties. I've noticed less boneheaded mistakes as of late, which will certainly help down the stretch also.

It's been quite a while since I could say that I don't feel overly confident about my Packers playing your Lions. You all must be pretty stoked! Congratulations and good luck. Hope we beat you guys at home this weekend, and if we split the season, I'll consider that a victory.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waddup Pushn40? Big game we've got coming up on Sunday.... Real Big Game... Real Big NFC North Game.... For Week 5 anyway. It'll be weird seeing the Pack N Lions face off on the frozen tundra when it's like 70 or whatever, but I hear it might rain, so that could make it interesting. You never know who has the advantage with a sloppy track. Is Morgan Burnett gonna play? Why's Clay Matthews gotta be so cocky in all his commercials? (I don't understand the angle, I just change the channel). Not that you're his agent, I was just wondering if you had any insight. Thanks for stopping by our board,..... lets talk some football this week, collectively, as fan bases. Like a couple of fan bases made up of cool fuggin dudes. (Unlike those Chicago buttwipes)

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waddup Pushn40? Big game we've got coming up on Sunday.... Real Big Game... Real Big NFC North Game.... For Week 5 anyway. It'll be weird seeing the Pack N Lions face off on the frozen tundra when it's like 70 or whatever, but I hear it might rain, so that could make it interesting. You never know who has the advantage with a sloppy track. Is Morgan Burnett gonna play? Why's Clay Matthews gotta be so cocky in all his commercials? (I don't understand the angle, I just change the channel). Not that you're his agent, I was just wondering if you had any insight. Thanks for stopping by our board,..... lets talk some football this week, collectively, as fan bases. Like a couple of fan bases made up of cool fuggin dudes. (Unlike those Chicago buttwipes)

LOL, the Bears. There's some decent dudes over there, but I think the 3-0 start got em pretty riled! I'm actually stoked to see very good parity in our division right now. The division title is up for grabs - literally! Any team could take it this year. As a fan of football, I love it! As a fan of the Packers, I'm nervous as hell. But hey, that's ok - makes Sundays more exciting!

Burnett should play, as will Lacy and possibly Finley and Franklin. Not sure about Clay, and we really need him to help put pressure on Stafford and help try and contain Bush - which isn't going to be easy. That mug is on fire! Regarding Clay's commercials, I used to cringe, much like I used to cringe at Rodger's discount double-check commercials. Now that they've thrown some dopey Bears fans in on Rodgers commercials, I can actually laugh! I'm hoping That happens with Clay also!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie's absolutely tearin it up. He's filling a big void in the offense.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys having your Bye week right before this matchup isn't the best timing, from my point of view. The Pack was all kinds of banged up. Now it sounds like they might be getting healthy. But that's okay. I want to see Lacy. That kid should be around awhile. But not gonna lie, Burnett missing another week would be fine with me. (No offense to him, but he's good). Gonna be weird to see a Green n Yellow secondary without the Chuckster.... You guys miss Woodson? Or was it time?

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie's absolutely tearin it up. He's filling a big void in the offense.

His transformation since coming to the Lions has been amazing. For years the dude just sputtered along, running mostly east/west. Now, the guy is running full speed downhill with exceptional agility, vision, and even power! It's crazy. What the hell happened?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His transformation since coming to the Lions has been amazing. For years the dude just sputtered along, running mostly east/west. Now, the guy is running full speed downhill with exceptional agility, vision, and even power! It's crazy. What the hell happened?

He was born to play in this offense. I'm high as a fuggin kite right now. But I mean that. When there first started being whispers of him coming to Detroit, I wouldn't let myself believe. Too perfect, I thought. Can't happen. Well it did happen, and it is perfect. The guy is an absolute perfect fit. His talents, his efforts, and his intelligence are paying huge dividends so far. Since Jahvid Best went down, way back when, our offense lost tht dynamic aspect. And with Reggie's arrival it got it all back, and then some. Even better, Delmas is playing this year. And he's the key to our success. But that's just in my opinion.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was born to play in this offense. I'm high as a fuggin kite right now. But I mean that. When there first started being whispers of him coming to Detroit, I wouldn't let myself believe. Too perfect, I thought. Can't happen. Well it did happen, and it is perfect. The guy is an absolute perfect fit. His talents, his efforts, and his intelligence are paying huge dividends so far. Since Jahvid Best went down, way back when, our offense lost tht dynamic aspect. And with Reggie's arrival it got it all back, and then some. Even better, Delmas is playing this year. And he's the key to our success. But that's just in my opinion.

Well, as a fan of a division rival, I can tell you the Lions give me heartburn....congrats on sticking with your team through some lean years and being there to watch a legitimate team with a solid future ahead.

Regarding Woodson, I suppose it's safe to say that the defense misses his leadership, but I do think it was his time to go also. He was a huge reason why we got to, and won the SB three years ago, so he'll always be loved and respected, much like Reggie White was when he joined the Pack.

As you said above, this Sunday's game should be one hell of a football contest. It will tell us GB fans a lot about our football team this year. GB really needs this win coming off of the bye week, because it's like hitting the reset button. And since there are no more bye weeks for GB to look forward to, it's imperative that they make the most of this opportunity. A loss would be very detrimental, though not the end of the world. It'd be a really tough hole to try and dig out from, though!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as a fan of a division rival, I can tell you the Lions give me heartburn....congrats on sticking with your team through some lean years and being there to watch a legitimate team with a solid future ahead.

Regarding Woodson, I suppose it's safe to say that the defense misses his leadership, but I do think it was his time to go also. He was a huge reason why we got to, and won the SB three years ago, so he'll always be loved and respected, much like Reggie White was when he joined the Pack.

As you said above, this Sunday's game should be one hell of a football contest. It will tell us GB fans a lot about our football team this year. GB really needs this win coming off of the bye week, because it's like hitting the reset button. And since there are no more bye weeks for GB to look forward to, it's imperative that they make the most of this opportunity. A loss would be very detrimental, though not the end of the world. It'd be a really tough hole to try and dig out from, though!

Not gonna lie, Batch being here, Barry retiring, and Spielman kinda sorta being in Cleveland drove me to buy Browns gear that summer, but Spielman didn't make it to the regular season, so neither did I. But yeah, there's been some down years to deal with as a Lions fan. Thats an understatement. Helluva streak you guys have going at home. It's been awhile, but it was never ever ever in DC. For me, breaking the road streak in this matchup would be even bigger. Its a chance for Schwartz to pick up his biggest road win since the franchise hadnt had one in years. (I forget if it was 3 or not, I think it was 3...) But I dont want to get my hopes up. GB has a lot of incentive, and that extra prep time..... but like you brought up, theres a long season ahead with the off week already behind them. Could be a disadvantage down the road. But it could be a big factor Sunday? Or maybe it is cold over there across the lake this weekend? Maybe the Bears win at home? Maybe Minny sneaks some Ws their way with Cassel? (Not this weekend) Is it weird to you that Greg Jennings is a Vike? I'm not sure how I feel yet, but I think Im cool with it. He probably should be okay with it. Atleast he doesn't have to work this weekend. Man.... Three division games outta five seems rough when I stop and think about it.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Lion fans,

Just dropping in to say that your team has looked fairly impressive this year - especially last week against the Bears. Holy crap Reggie Bush looks phenomenal! You now have a two-headed monster on offense with a well balanced run/throw attack. And your defense looks dang good also, with good pressure from the Dline and very good play from your safeties. I've noticed less boneheaded mistakes as of late, which will certainly help down the stretch also.

It's been quite a while since I could say that I don't feel overly confident about my Packers playing your Lions. You all must be pretty stoked! Congratulations and good luck. Hope we beat you guys at home this weekend, and if we split the season, I'll consider that a victory.
A classy post...thanks...here's to wishing the Lions stay healthy and live up to the top 10 expectations.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to thinking.... When GB signed Reggie White, nothing like that had ever happened. It shifted things in the division. It was crazy really. For a team that's known for drafting its roster rather than cobbling it together, The Packers have made a few nice moves in Free Agency bringing in Hall of Fame talents.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, Batch being here, Barry retiring, and Spielman kinda sorta being in Cleveland drove me to buy Browns gear that summer, but Spielman didn't make it to the regular season, so neither did I. But yeah, there's been some down years to deal with as a Lions fan. Thats an understatement. Helluva streak you guys have going at home. It's been awhile, but it was never ever ever in DC. For me, breaking the road streak in this matchup would be even bigger. Its a chance for Schwartz to pick up his biggest road win since the franchise hadnt had one in years. (I forget if it was 3 or not, I think it was 3...) But I dont want to get my hopes up. GB has a lot of incentive, and that extra prep time..... but like you brought up, theres a long season ahead with the off week already behind them. Could be a disadvantage down the road. But it could be a big factor Sunday? Or maybe it is cold over there across the lake this weekend? Maybe the Bears win at home? Maybe Minny sneaks some Ws their way with Cassel? (Not this weekend) Is it weird to you that Greg Jennings is a Vike? I'm not sure how I feel yet, but I think Im cool with it. He probably should be okay with it. Atleast he doesn't have to work this weekend. Man.... Three division games outta five seems rough when I stop and think about it.

For GB, having the bye week this early in the season is a blessing and a curse - a blessing because we started the season so banged up and will hopefully give all of our damn hamstring injuries and concussions time to heal. A curse, because like you said, we don't get anymore reset buttons the rest of the way out. That sucks.

I'm not sold on Minny at this point - too much controversy with the QB situation, and neither option is very strong. With AD and Patterson, however, along with a decent defense, they can still do damage. Clearly the Lions and the Bears have looked the best thus far, and you guys just made the Bears look mediocre, so until someone knocks you guys off, you're still the top team in the NFC North right now.

Regarding Jennings, man that sucked. But, he didn't play much for us last year (injuries) and we have a real solid core of wide receivers without Jennings, so it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. The fact that he - and practically ever other Packer cast-away heads over to Minny is a joke, IMO. Seriously?

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to thinking.... When GB signed Reggie White, nothing like that had ever happened. It shifted things in the division. It was crazy really. For a team that's known for drafting its roster rather than cobbling it together, The Packers have made a few nice moves in Free Agency bringing in Hall of Fame talents.

I like that we build through the draft, but man, that can't be the only way to build a solid team. From time to time, you need that ONE player to make a huge impact, and that's gonna cost you - but it certainly can be worth it. Reggie White and Charles Woodson were two of those guys. IMO, I don't think we've done enough in Free Agency over the years, but that's why I'm not the GM. We've done pretty darn well with the current model of building a team, but we have some holes on our O-line that I wished we had filled through FA, but then again, if there aint nobody out there to buy, then watcha gonna do? That, and the star players have to WANT to come to GB, and some players in this leagues just don't, for various reasons.

Pound for pound though, the Lions have some of the most talented players of their position in the league, IMO. I think that's what scares many of us fans from other teams. IMO, your coach, and the mental mistakes have limited your success over the past few years. But I'm starting to see a shift towards a more disciplined team, and that can only mean really good things for the Lions!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosmitty
I'm high as a fuggin kite right now.

What a coincidence. Me too.

Your confused. That's not a coincidence. That's a trend.:lol:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am anxious to see what Lacy is all about. I thought the hit he took was classless. They fine Suh but it was clear he ( I think Meriweather) was head hunting.

Getting a bye week early actually helped Green Bay IMO. It had to have helped AR get on the same page as his receivers. Green Bay had looked out of sync against the 49ers and Bengals.

Just glad we get you early in the season and avoid a December trip to Green Bay.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey imagine that..a fan from another team comes over here and classes up the joint, bears fans could learn from this, good luck to gb as well this season altho i dont think they will need it. They are the team to beat.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey imagine that..a fan from another team comes over here and classes up the joint, bears fans could learn from this

:10::agree: Was just about to post this. The fact Smitty stayed inside his cardboard box... Definitely knew the Packer fan was classy.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10::agree: Was just about to post this. The fact Smitty stayed inside his cardboard box... Definitely knew the Packer fan was classy.

Usually i roll with whatever vibe smitty is throwing at other fans, hes almost always spot on.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For GB, having the bye week this early in the season is a blessing and a curse - a blessing because we started the season so banged up and will hopefully give all of our damn hamstring injuries and concussions time to heal. A curse, because like you said, we don't get anymore reset buttons the rest of the way out. That sucks.

Yep... early bye may be a blessing for Packers.

Packers practice Wednesday...
Practiced>
- Lacy, Franklin, Finley, Burnett, J. Bush all full practice. Will help having Burnett on defense for first time this year.

Still out>
- Matthews and Hayward - if those 2 do not play on Sunday could be long day for our defense.

I suspect Shields will be manned up with Megatron with help. He did good job on AJ Green, but Megatron is better IMO. Suh and Fairley in the middle is going to be a tall order for Sitton/EDS/Lang on Sunday for Packers. Fairley really dominated Packers last year.

If Packers lose this game I do not see them winning the division... think at best they can be is wildcard which would still be very possible. But 2 1/2 games back of Lions and Lions already 3-0 in division would be big hurdle.